/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Laughing

GuestFellow
08-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Well have you been in a situation where you began to laugh for no reason? Happens to me all the time, especially when everyone has gone quiet. Sometimes I laugh at the weirdest things....

In school in year 9 my Music teacher got angry at me when I forgot to do my homework (geez it was the first time too) and I exploded with laughter and got a 1 hour 15 mins detention.

Another during a school assembly. All the students had to sit down and be quiet due to the whole year group were screaming when walking up the stairs to science lesson. I got into a fit of giggles, no idea why.

Also during a practice interview I was laughing while explaining why I was keen to apply as a cleaner....even at home I laugh at odd things and once during a room full of relatives and I had to leave the room. My mom was angry.

=/

So share your experiences. Do you get into trouble for laughing?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
08-10-2009, 10:55 PM
:sl:

You must be easily amused, brother. You must have a very loud laugh lol also?

I find many things funny or amusing, sometimes I chuckle or have a huge smile but I don't think I've ever found it very very funny to make me laugh loudly.

Sometimes when my parents yell, I'll be really funny and try to play it off smoothly or find something funny with my parents and chuckle not in a disrespectful way or anything. But they don't mind the smiling too much. They'll just be like "she's not embarrassed of what she did" Even though I am, but there's no point of instigating a tense situation already lol.

GuestFellow
08-10-2009, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?

You must be easily amused, brother. You must have a very loud laugh lol also?
Assalmu Alikum

Yup I'm easily amused. I only laugh loudly if I suppress for quite some time.

Sometimes when my parents yell, I'll be really funny and try to play it off smoothly or find something funny with my parents and chuckle not in a disrespectful way or anything. But they don't mind the smiling too much. They'll just be like "she's not embarrassed of what she did" Even though I am, but there's no point of instigating a tense situation already lol.
That never works with my parents... o_o

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Lol dang u got detention ;D Haha. You ticked the teacher off! :p.

anyway yea it happens to me. If like I'm trying to stay angry at someone for some reason...that person( for example my mom) will just look at me with a serious face and I'll just start laughing lol.

Also this Muslim kid (not practicing) in my class had serious staring problems...and every time he wanted to "look" at my hijabi friend and I, he would pretend to look at the clock. I think I almost fainted from laughing, especially since I was holding it in! Mind you, the kid did it like every sec throughout the lecture my Chemistry professor was giving. My friend starting laughing really hard cause of me. My stomach was hurting, that's how bad I was laughing :-[ But yea...I get amused over silly things too...:/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
transition?
08-10-2009, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Assalmu Alikum

Yup I'm easily amused. I only laugh loudly if I suppress for quite some time.

That never works with my parents... o_o
Yeah so am I. I never laugh I just interject random comments. I don't recommend that as a substitute because people will think you have ADD. Maybe you should write down all the things you find funny and keep it to yourself ;/ . I tried that too. Blog/journal?

I have skills. :shade:

Snowflake
08-10-2009, 11:28 PM
I have my moments.. the worst is praying with my son/kids. They will do something that makes it hard to keep a straight face and next you know you have to start praying all over again - in separate rooms!

The other thing - astaghfirullah is funerals. It's when the woman come in, grab the relative of the deceased and they have a wailing contest. Then it stops as abruptly as it started, with something like, "Oh, have you seen, so and so, hasn't she come yet?" ;D

I nearly died of laughter under my large hijab!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-10-2009, 11:34 PM
^^ Lol sis I would laugh at things like that too and people will just be like ??

If I'm around my brother and I laugh at something he doesnt find funny, he'll get mad and be like, "walk away." lol

GuestFellow
08-10-2009, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
Yeah so am I. I never laugh I just interject random comments. I don't recommend that as a substitute because people will think you have ADD. Maybe you should write down all the things you find funny and keep it to yourself ;/ . I tried that too. Blog/journal?

I have skills. :shade:
ADD?

Random comments...like what? I never thought of writing a journal. I might give it a go.

format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

The other thing - astaghfirullah is funerals. It's when the woman come in, grab the relative of the deceased and they have a wailing contest. Then it stops as abruptly as it started, with something like, "Oh, have you seen, so and so, hasn't she come yet?" ;D

Hmmm that gives me an idea. I should wear a hood if I start to laugh.

alcurad
08-11-2009, 12:01 AM
hello friends, i also have this thing too myself :statisfie

btw does any of you laugh silently :shade: i do that sometimes an it makes me laugh at myself, giggling and laughing and no sound :P heh ok it's not so bad,,

I'm proud of laughing at things people don't notice as funny even they are funny, it shows intelligence.

alcurad
08-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I have my moments.. the worst is praying with my son/kids. They will do something that makes it hard to keep a straight face and next you know you have to start praying all over again - in separate rooms!

zomg ;D, is it like loud wailing? strange..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-11-2009, 12:04 AM
^^ I do that. I have a silent laugh sometimes, but it gets so hard that you'll hear funny noises coming out of me, hence making the nearest person laugh :p

ardianto
08-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Sometime my friends or my relatives asked me "Are you crazy ?" because I laughed without saw something funny.
Actually, that's because I saw something that remind me to a funny thing. In example, In a fruit shop I saw a 'Durian', fruit from Southeast Asia. Nothing funny with 'durian' but that was remind me to a some funny cartoons about 'durian'. And I laughed because I remember those cartoons.

Snowflake
08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^ Lol sis I would laugh at things like that too and people will just be like ??

If I'm around my brother and I laugh at something he doesnt find funny, he'll get mad and be like, "walk away." lol
The way I was laughing at the funeral made a few other people laugh lol

btw does any of you laugh silently :shade: i do that sometimes an it makes me laugh at myself, giggling and laughing and no sound :P heh ok it's not so bad,,
Yeh, me. At this funeral especially, I had to be ultra silent but my shoulders were going up and down violently and my friends started laughing (silently)because of me. At the end I thought I was going to howl with laughter so I hurriedly left the room (and yeh I let it out in the back garden). LOL!

I'm proud of laughing at things people don't notice as funny even they are funny, it shows intelligence.
Haha! :D

format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
zomg ;D, is it like loud wailing? strange..
It's pretty dramatic, not always loud but very melodious :omg:

Misz_Muslimah
08-11-2009, 01:50 PM
when i start laughing, for some reason i cant stop and i start laughing at things that aent even funny..so annoying coz your throat hurts after a while

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-11-2009, 01:59 PM
^^LOL aw ur throat hurts ;D My jaw and cheeks start hurting cuz im having like this brawl with my face, trying to stop laughing ;D

Misz_Muslimah
08-11-2009, 02:00 PM
when you try to stop, its too diffucult but you stop after wuite a while and you dont find nothing funny no more..;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-11-2009, 02:01 PM
^^ Yeaaa omg that's so true. It's like you used it all up :hmm:

Misz_Muslimah
08-11-2009, 02:02 PM
even when you try its all gone..lol..

Allaah Knows
08-11-2009, 02:25 PM
When I was a child I would laugh until my cheeks and stomach would hurt.

These days it's difficult to smile and mean it- fake smiles don't count and neither does "lol".

Time hardens.

Salahudeen
08-11-2009, 05:01 PM
HMM DID u ever do them contests where you have to try and make each other laugh????

me and my friends still do it, it's called "try not to laugh" one friend has to be serious and try his hardest not to laugh while the other tries to make him laugh.

Anyway I'm rubbish at this game lol I laugh when the person looks in my eyes

Sarahd
08-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Well have you been in a situation where you began to laugh for no reason? Happens to me all the time, especially when everyone has gone quiet. Sometimes I laugh at the weirdest things....

In school in year 9 my Music teacher got angry at me when I forgot to do my homework (geez it was the first time too) and I exploded with laughter and got a 1 hour 15 mins detention.

Another during a school assembly. All the students had to sit down and be quiet due to the whole year group were screaming when walking up the stairs to science lesson. I got into a fit of giggles, no idea why.

Also during a practice interview I was laughing while explaining why I was keen to apply as a cleaner....even at home I laugh at odd things and once during a room full of relatives and I had to leave the room. My mom was angry.

=/

I'm same like u bro!:hmm: i laugh at everything!!! i just cant keep my laughter in, yesterday my brother dropped a bottle of coke & it fell all on the couch and carpet, I had to run out of the lounge as fast as i could! I was laughing and laughing so bad my stomach was paining! and he started humming a tune because he was shy!;D
and once my teacher in madrasa hit a student with her ruler & her cellphone got stuck on the ruler, & when she hit it came flying towards me, i could't stop laughing! once my brother sat on the computer chair & as he sat my sister pulled the chair and he fell flat! I was rolling on the carpet and laughing like crazy!;D
:lol::lol:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-11-2009, 06:42 PM
and once my teacher in madrasa hit a student with her ruler & her cellphone got stuck on the ruler, & when she hit it came flying towards me, i could't stop laughing!
HAHA! That one is JOKES! lool.

Soulja Girl
08-11-2009, 06:43 PM

^loll.. ;D Just readin this thread makes me lough out loud and I'm gettin weird looks from gran. :X

Do you get into trouble for laughing?
^All the time. :D Which makes you laugh even more. *sigh*

:wa:

Ar-RaYYan
08-11-2009, 06:47 PM

=/

gosh you remind me of my brother. He laughs at EVERYTHING even when its not funny. He always laughs harder when one of his teachers, parents or siblings tells him off. They get mad and he laughs even more.That kid doesnt know when to shut his mouth :hmm:

Imaan
08-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I didn't know boys r like that 2, here da girls behave like that. When I see something funny and laugh my brother gets mad at me. Whenever my uncle comes I laugh at him and he gets angry, he likes too act like he knows everything, and he goes like this if I say something, 'it depeeeends' and I burst out laughing and he look big eyes at me. And I laugh more and ask him what da purpose of looking big eyes, does he think I'm gonna melt away or something?

Salahudeen
08-11-2009, 09:37 PM
some people get offended when you laugh at them lool then that makes you laugh more lol

aadil77
08-11-2009, 09:55 PM
lol I like this thread reminds me of the old days

everyone that knows me - knows that if I laugh at something it has to be funny because I will crack up soo hard and make evryone laugh with me, it will be like I'm having a continous fit and I have to hold onto my ribs to stop my sides from splitting

but its been ages since I've laughed like that, funny stuff used to happen in highschool and a bit in college but hardly anymore

but I still laugh at stuff with my little brother, he's always telling me funny stuff from his school eg; like how he was throwin a paper ball in the bin but a little girl was there and it bounced off her head and went into the bin and she didn't notice ;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-11-2009, 10:13 PM
^^LOL that's funny ;D Hah jokas!

GuestFellow
08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
gosh you remind me of my brother. He laughs at EVERYTHING even when its not funny. He always laughs harder when one of his teachers, parents or siblings tells him off. They get mad and he laughs even more.That kid doesnt know when to shut his mouth :hmm:
Yeah I do laugh when I get yelled at...except when my mom picks up the slipper and threatens to smack me with the face with it. O__O *shivers*

Ah I'm not good at taking things seriously unless if I get a good beating from my parents. =/

Obi97_Abdul
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
I h8 laughin 4 no gd reason especially wen im praying

love_mawada
01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
i get the giggles all the tyme x)

maisha
01-07-2010, 10:35 PM
FUNNY :)

that happens to me too:)

i started laughing at the dinner table and my dad is really strict so he shouted at me and

i was still laughing! :D
:)

Güven
01-07-2010, 10:58 PM
lol you remind me of me. I used to laugh 24/7 at the most random things ever, me and a friend were quite famous in school because we always had things that would make everyone laugh. you don't wanna know how many troubles I went through because of it. :hmm:

I don't laugh that much like I used to do though.

AlHoda
01-08-2010, 11:45 AM
I sometimes laugh, when I was in primary school for example. Me and my friend used to annoy this turkish girl, which now looking back was very immature:embarresed:. But anyway, we always used to laugh at the silliest things. Also my little brother says somethings like 'look what's so and so doing' while they are doing something very typical, we just laugh at the most unreasonalbe things;D

Allaah Knows
01-08-2010, 12:49 PM
I laugh after having orange juice

samsam
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allaah Knows
hahahahaha ;D loool orange juice , now that is someting ;D ,, i always laugh at the wrong time , wrong place , like i was about to laugh in this proper exam because the girl next to me was scratching and scrathcing and scratchin her head for an answer and the nit came to her ,, the loook on her face ;D;D, mashalah i didnt get disqualified.

Danah
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
OMG!!! thanks everyone posted here........reading the comments here made up my day :)

lol!!! remind me of my uni days especially when we are in class and the Prof (male) said/did something funny....my friends who don't cover their faces have to stop laughing by force sometimes, while me and my other niqabi friends keep on laughing and laughing without anyone knowing in the class lol

thats why I hate to laugh that crazily when its a female Prof not a male, because she will know that I am laughing since I dont cover my face lol

lol why is that??

make sure of the juice ingredients sis, maybe there is something wrong lol

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 02:41 PM
This one time, in Bio, nobody was paying attention to what the teacher was saying and having their own private convos so she got really angry...so there was pin drop silence and I suddenly started laughing crazily and everybody started staring...and the teacher goes "What's so funny?" and I laughed even harder at that...and kept laughing for a few minutes..while everybody stared... imsad And all this while everybody's signaling at me to stop..like I could <_<

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 02:53 PM
^ yeah lol
The thing that made me laugh was that my friend's face was contorted with the effort of not laughing...and you know while I was laughing..everybody looked kinda scared...and they were mouthing words and signalling :p
Once we had a "moment of silence".. It got a little too long..so I just go "is it over yet?" and for some reason everybody started giggling ..that kinda got awkward since the teacher was staring at me :hmm:

cat eyes
01-09-2010, 03:52 PM
i use to be very naughty at school with my friend when ever we got together. when the first year students started we use to push the boys into the girls toilets and shut the door while my friend was holding it and then i would run to the headmaster and say ''those poor first year students got lost'' lol looking back it now it was kinda cruel really:hiding: so when the headmaster came he assumed they were up to no good lol and put then in detention when they got older though they tried to take there revenge but we were just to clever for them:shade:

and we use to work with each other to on weekends and summer. the guests at the hotel use to complain about us because we would mess all the time. i honestly don't know what it was it must have been the heat in that kitchen or something that made us laugh at the silliest things :hmm: lol

the older guests would chat with us for hours and we would keep them in conversation so we would get tips lol we werent one bit interested in what they were talking about :exhausted

the thing that really makes me laugh is when i go to my teachers house her husband is an imam when ever we would pray together her two year old son would start praying also lol well trying to pray. now you should see him he is so fat and chubby and he was trying is very best and he was just so little ;D i was so badly trying to keep a straight face but i couldn't. his mum was really deep in concentration. i mean every time i go there its just so funny he also tries to recite Qur'an and he sits in between if only you guys could see him he is so fat LOL

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
^ lol
your stories are so funny ;D
chubby kid :giggling:

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 04:04 PM
^ Just laughed at your posts in the "Don't get stuck" thread :p

Allaah Knows
01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

lol why is that??

make sure of the juice ingredients sis, maybe there is something wrong lol
Lol- that made me smile. Worry not ukht, it's all halaal alhamdulillaah.

It happens with mango juice too !

Fטлку
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM
^ lol
it does? Never happened to me :p

Allaah Knows
01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
LOl, try eating sugar =p

samsam
01-09-2010, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
The word "Thread" makes me laugh lool.. and also "Dot--->."
:sl: funny sister :p , i waas laughing the other day as i was in lesson , doing some science experiment , suddenly the bunsen burner burnt some paper and i was like some-one need to put this out , doe the thing is no-one took any notice as miss was screaming at us to look at her . Next thing you know it reached the curtains ;D;D everyone ran for their lives and i was there just laughiiin :p:p like i toolld you so . the ting that killed it was this girl,s face like ewww was is that smeeelll , miisss :exhausted and she got screamed at for being *childish* :p funny days

tw009
01-10-2010, 07:42 AM
LOL, reading this thread make me laugh... you guys remind me of myself!

I laugh a lot especially when Im with my really close friends. They always make me smile :) I remember I had this one class with my friends, and we would always be laughing and chuckling at absolutely random things. Our teacher would call us the "giggling girls"

Abdul Qadir
01-10-2010, 06:25 PM

=/

Its called a, "Weak-sense-of humor" syndrome...its a very dangerous ailment and ur in a very sad situation...My heart goes out to you...we need raise funds for ppl with this diesease...=p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Bump!

Gotta love this thread!

Snowflake
04-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Lol- that made me smile. Worry not ukht, it's all halaal alhamdulillaah.

It happens with mango juice too !

Don't mean to go off-topic but this is important... Your drinks probably contained 'sunset yellow' or E110 as it appears on some products.

A synthetic 'coal tar' and azo yellow dye used in fermented foods which must be heat treated. Found in orange squash, orange jelly, marzipan, Swiss roll, apricot jam, citrus marmalade, lemon curd, sweets, hot chocolate mix and packet soups, breadcrumbs, cheese sauce, ice cream, canned fish, and many medications. Side effects are urticaria (hives), rhinitis (runny nose), nasal congestion, allergies, hyperactivity, kidney tumors, chromosomal damage, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, indigestion, distaste for food; increased incidence of tumors in animals.
It appears to cause allergic and/or intolerance reactions, particularly amongst those with an aspirin intolerance.
Not recommended for consumption by children<< I'm not a kid but I avoid it too.

The Hyperactive Childrens Support Group belive that a link exists between this additive and hyperactive behavioural disorders in children.

Whilst being a commonly used colour in the UK its use is banned in Norway and Finland.

Snowflake
04-04-2012, 08:14 AM
^back on topic

Some days ago I was returning home from shopping with my mum when a neighbour from a few doors away came flying out his front door roaring, 'Lifeeeeeee isssss Hellllllllll!' Then he saw me and my mum and vanished back into the house so fast, it was like he'd been catapulted back in. I don't normally find couple's fighting funny, but the way the poor guy tried to escape his wife's wrath only to have to go straight was so hilarious that I laughed so hard I actually scared myself. Even the next day when I remembered it, it started me off. I was alone in my kitchen just laughing my head off. That was a bit scary lol.

Revert 2010
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
The funniest thing that happened to me is that I was running for the train and forgot that there was at gap between the train and platform at Bank station and my leg fell through lol

Galaxy
04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Our Woodshop teacher was talking about wood and it came out wrong (wood has more than one meaning) so us being immature our whole class laughed. He didn't know why because he's old so he checked himself out in a mirror in the next room.

Al-bint
04-11-2012, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
your name speaks other wise :p

wasalaam!

sohail1234
05-30-2013, 04:43 AM
when i faced an electric shock.... i start laughing... everyone was like :O confused.. that what happened to me....

GuestFellow
05-30-2013, 09:55 AM
^ You laugh after getting an electric shock? I would have been in pain.

Woah this topic is so old. O_o

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.