/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Honors Algebra 2!

Clover
08-12-2009, 04:36 AM
I am in trouble. I am not very good at Math, never have been. I have 2 real hard classes this semester. German I, and Algebra II. I am doing ok in German I, kinda hard, but I love the teacher. I just switched into Honors Algebra II, from Algebra II, due to having too many "pricks" in my class, and I am going to have to work a lot harder now, and I am wondering, does anyone here have a forum, or maybe a Instant Messenger, that I can ask for help, learning, not "answers" I just need help explaining, yes I am going to be doing tutoring probably daily for this class also.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lost&Found
08-12-2009, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I am in trouble. I am not very good at Math, never have been. I have 2 real hard classes this semester. German I, and Algebra II. I am doing ok in German I, kinda hard, but I love the teacher. I just switched into Honors Algebra II, from Algebra II, due to having too many "pricks" in my class, and I am going to have to work a lot harder now, and I am wondering, does anyone here have a forum, or maybe a Instant Messenger, that I can ask for help, learning, not "answers" I just need help explaining, yes I am going to be doing tutoring probably daily for this class also.
I found this:

http://www.mathhelpforum.com/math-he...gebra-algebra/

limitless
08-20-2009, 09:47 PM
I know a site that might help you with algebra =p, but that is easy math. Then again im a mathematician type of person. Google: paul's online math help. and www.purplemath.com
great for calculus I and II and III and linear algerba and algebra and pre-calculus :D. good luck

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Ohh the horror days of math :phew

Calculus I and II were fun tho..prolly cuz of the professor :/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
08-20-2009, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Ohh the horror days of math :phew

Calculus I and II were fun tho..prolly cuz of the professor :/
I never did Maths but I HATE HATE HAAATE statistics. I don't understand probability. I wanted to smash my head on the table during the lesson when I didn't understood a word the teacher was talking about. :raging:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Lol I didnt take statistics. I steered clear of it :phew. I figured Calculus I could handle better but then again I also wanted to bash my head in lol. :skeleton:

GuestFellow
08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
I think statistics is easier than Calculus...is it? I never did Maths at AS level.

Anythig involving numbers gives me a headache >_> Especially when the teacher hasn't got a clue what they are talking about and take several lessons off.

alcurad
08-20-2009, 11:20 PM
it feels good when you get it though very frustrating when not. there used to be a math help thread somewhere if i remember, for IGCSE or something, you can start one like that, but really you don't that much help in math I think, but good study tips & determination to ace it.

the last is important, math is not so difficult, you just need to give it your all.
math is actually a language, when learning languages it's mostly a grueling process of repetition, well same for math, just do exercise after exercise and don't be afraid of hard problems, get your hands on previous exams and do those, take notes and ask, also always attend class, really simple things but that is all you need to do to get through it.

IsaImpliesHope
08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi Clover, I would be happy to help you out over MSN or something - I'm a trainee Maths teacher from the UK and done some tutoring before, not familiar with what the syllabus is in the US but I'll have covered it all in my degree - just PM me with your email if you're interested and hopefully we'll bump into eachother online!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.