/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are you familiar with this book?

Hayaa
08-12-2009, 05:45 AM
Assalaamualaykum, I hope everyone is doing great, inshaAllah.

I wanted to get "The Sealed Nectar" as an eid present for a kid I know, who's almost a teen. Has anyone read it? Will it make a good present? I wanted to know if someone his age can relate to it and understand it; basically, is it suitable for any age group (are the vocabulary/stories difficult to grasp)?

What other Islamic books might interest someone around that age?

Also, can anyone recommend books related to Khalid Ibn Waleed radiallahu 'anhu's biography?

Jazakallahu khairan & may Allah bless you, ameen. =)

P.S. 100th post! Alhamdulilah :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
08-12-2009, 06:01 AM
ive got it , but have only read a few pages, so can really say anything

but apparently it did come in 1st place, as there was a competition as to who could wrie the best bography of rasullah saw

Hayaa
08-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Jazakallahukhairan for your input. Do you know of any online islamic bookstore that sells books at reasonable prices?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2009, 06:40 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah4ever.
I wanted to get "The Sealed Nectar" as an eid present for a kid I know, who's almost a teen. Has anyone read it?
im reading it. seems good :statisfie

Will it make a good present?
yep

I wanted to know if someone his age can relate to it and understand it; basically, is it suitable for any age group (are the vocabulary/stories difficult to grasp)?
yeah its pretty straight forward...

i think it would depend on what they are into, tbh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أبو سليمان عمر
08-12-2009, 08:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah4ever.
Assalaamualaykum, I hope everyone is doing great, inshaAllah.

I wanted to get "The Sealed Nectar" as an eid present for a kid I know, who's almost a teen. Has anyone read it? Will it make a good present? I wanted to know if someone his age can relate to it and understand it; basically, is it suitable for any age group (are the vocabulary/stories difficult to grasp)?

Also, can anyone recommend books related to Khalid Ibn Waleed radiallahu 'anhu's biography?

Jazakallahu khairan & may Allah bless you, ameen. =)

P.S. 100th post! Alhamdulilah :D
Stories of the Prophets By Ibn Kathir
Explaining the Foundations of Faith — Shaykh Ibn Al-’Uthaymeen, rahimahullaah translated by Dr Saleh as Saleh

Allaah Knows
08-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Wa`alaykum salaam wa rahmatuLlaah,

MaashaaALlaah, excellent book sis. I would recommend it to a teen. I first read it a few years ago myself. Pretty straightforward but full of gems. Go for it inshaaALlaah.

Wassalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.