/* */

PDA

View Full Version : so-called "honour killings' are they so honourable

barrio79
08-12-2009, 05:55 AM
Hey Goss
Another porky pie found lurking in foreign media .

sauce - - -http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25918235-401,00.html and Agence France-Presse

World NewssearchNewsNews
Raped girl 'killed over family honour'

Agence France-Presse

August 12, 2009 01:30am

A 41-YEAR-OLD Jordanian man was charged with premeditated murder after his raped teenage niece was allegedly shot dead yesterday to "cleanse" the family's honour, police said.

"The man was arrested and charged after he shot the 16-year-old girl eight times in different parts of her body,'' in the Nasser area east of Amman, a police source said.

"The suspect, who was arrested while carrying his gun, confessed to the crime, saying that he wanted to cleanse his family's honour after his niece was raped last year. She gave birth to a baby boy two months ago and her family kept the child,'' he said.

Murder is punishable by the death penalty in Jordan, but in the case of so-called "honour killings'', a court usually commutes or reduces sentences, particularly if the victim's family urges leniency.

Between 15 and 20 women are murdered each year in Jordan in the name of honour, despite government efforts to fight such crimes.

Parliament has refused to reform the penal code to ensure harsher penalties.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2009, 06:36 AM
whoever said they were?
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/101972

Afg
08-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Astaghfirullah, thats a terrible thing to do, honour killing.

Santoku
08-12-2009, 09:11 AM
How can a raped girl be a cause of lost honour? Surely by any sane and logical means of thought, the loss of honour is on the rapist and his family, he is the one who committed the crime.

That being said, in Jordan it is the Imaams who are the prime movers to prevent laws against honour killing being prosecuted, a case where tribal custom has overcome Islam even in the Madrassahs and Mosques.
What to do when the teachers are infected with insanity? Thankfully not my problem.
Although I seem to remember that in Islamic law a father or mother who kills their children or Childrens' children is not subject to the laws against killing. Could be wrong their I seem to remember the name Al Ezhar, but it was long ago and far away.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2009, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
That being said, in Jordan it is the Imaams who are the prime movers to prevent laws against honour killing being prosecuted, a case where tribal custom has overcome Islam even in the Madrassahs and Mosques.
What to do when the teachers are infected with insanity?
a) not listen to idiots like you, that's for sure
b) what makes you think they don't, or didn't you read the above fatwa?

Although I seem to remember that in Islamic law a father or mother who kills their children or Childrens' children is not subject to the laws against killing.
really? wow got some legit source for this? or isnt that your problem either.

Muezzin
08-12-2009, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
How can a raped girl be a cause of lost honour? Surely by any sane and logical means of thought, the loss of honour is on the rapist and his family, he is the one who committed the crime.
Yes. Islam teaches that the rapist is the wrongdoer.

So-called 'honour' killings have absolutely no place in Islam. It's barbaric, unjust, and does more long-term harm to the family concerned than any misconceived notions of 'dishonour' would ever do. Anyone who perpetrates such acts should be punished to the full extent of the law.

thetruth2009
08-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Assalam aleykum sisters and brothers,

Sourate 4

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

93. If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (For ever): And the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him.

ABEL AN CAIN

Sourate 5

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

29. "For me, I intend to let thee draw on thyself my sin as well as thine, for thou wilt be among the companions of the fire, and that is the reward of those who do wrong."

30. The (selfish) soul of the other led him to the murder of his brother: he murdered him, and became (himself) one of the lost ones.

Its a very sad story, what I notice traditions are above the religion, how its possible ?

Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers.

I ask Allah SWT to forgive us and guide us, Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.