/* */

PDA

View Full Version : laptops

AnonymousPoster
08-12-2009, 05:41 PM
:sl:

I know some of you are good with computers so i need few tips and advice please.
What are the important things to look for when you are buying a laptop?
Im a student and therefore im not looking for a very expensive laptops just a good quality one. Any tips?

which one should i consider more important -the RAM or the hard drive? e.g:
laptop A has 160Gb hard drive and 3Gb RAM
laptop B has 250Gb hard drive and 3Gb RAM
which one would you go for?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
08-12-2009, 06:32 PM
they both have same ram^

but go for the one with more ram for a faster comp and also cause you'll never use that much storage

rk9414
08-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Are you purchasing from the US? I personally ordered through the dell business outlet, which gives you a 3 year warranty. Every once in a while they have a 20-30% discount on outlet computers. You can get a pretty well equipped high end business laptop for ~$500

AnonymousPoster
08-12-2009, 06:40 PM
oops i mean laptop B has 250Gb hard drive and 2GB RAM

i thought the RAM was the computer's memory and its the one that storage information such as word processing or is that the hard drive's job?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
08-12-2009, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
oops i mean laptop B has 250Gb hard drive and 2GB RAM

i thought the RAM was the computer's memory and its the one that storage information such as word processing or is that the hard drive's job?
ram is memory but its for opening applications quickly

hard drive is for all your storage nd files

AnonymousPoster
08-12-2009, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rk9414
Are you purchasing from the US? I personally ordered through the dell business outlet, which gives you a 3 year warranty. Every once in a while they have a 20-30% discount on outlet computers. You can get a pretty well equipped high end business laptop for ~$500
Nope im from the Uk. and i have been looking through the dell website and they do have good laptops but im nit sure which one to go for- im clueless when it comes to computers.

Santoku
08-12-2009, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl:

I know some of you are good with computers so i need few tips and advice please.
What are the important things to look for when you are buying a laptop?
Im a student and therefore im not looking for a very expensive laptops just a good quality one. Any tips?

which one should i consider more important -the RAM or the hard drive? e.g:
laptop A has 160Gb hard drive and 3Gb RAM
laptop B has 250Gb hard drive and 3Gb RAM
which one would you go for?
Go for the one with most RAm - you can get an external hard drive for pennies when you need it. One thing - always take backups of ALL your important documents

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Im sucky with computers too but i know my brother bought those small netbooks for uni...

markislam
08-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Ram is the most important part all new laptops comes with enough hard drive so dont worry about it

AnonymousPoster
08-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Thank you all for ur advice n tips

Also should i buy a laptop that has a really fast processor? i was looking at one that has T4200 n another one T3000- obviously the first one cost more. If i buy one with a large RAM does it matter if the processor has only T3000 or less?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.