/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Khaldun

Khaldun
08-12-2009, 06:34 PM
this is a humble effort to make brothers and sisters even thirstier for knowledge

www.khaldun.wordpress.com

may Allah make it beneficial and not riyaaa' nor sum'a

may Allah reward you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
08-12-2009, 06:45 PM
:salamext:

JazakAllah khayr, excellent masha'Allah.

Uthman
08-12-2009, 06:48 PM

JazakAllah Khayr. I've added it to my RSS feeds. :)

جوري
08-12-2009, 07:26 PM
:sl:

I have added it, though admittedly I am not sure how an RSS works, firefox did indeed give me that option.. do I actively visit the site, or will it merely pop on my screen?

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
08-12-2009, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I have added it, though admittedly I am not sure how an RSS works, firefox did indeed give me that option.. do I actively visit the site, or will it merely pop on my screen?
:wasalamex

Did you subscribe using live bookmarks? Has it placed something on your bookmark toolbar?

جوري
08-12-2009, 09:40 PM
^^ it did but to be quite frank, I am not sure what the difference is? I chose for it to go into my bookmarks tool bar.. I shall refrain from commenting more lest you take me for a total dunce when it comes to computers (which isn't far from the truth)

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-13-2009, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
^^ it did but to be quite frank, I am not sure what the difference is? I chose for it to go into my bookmarks tool bar.. I shall refrain from commenting more lest you take me for a total dunce when it comes to computers (which isn't far from the truth)

:wasalamex

Now you should have a bookmark on your toolbar called Khaldun, and an arrow on it. When you click on the arrow you'll in sha Allah see a list of recent posts.

By the way, did anyone notice the two alifs in "rahmatullah" in this salam: :wasalamex :D

Supercareful
08-14-2009, 12:47 AM

I have not yet visited the blog,but intend to do so after this post,inshallah'.Though,I have a inner feeling that you are a great brother mashallah'.

Brother Uthman*,is RSS where you book mark blogs for a later reference?

*:This question is available for all,inshallah'.

M.B
08-17-2009, 11:59 AM

mahsallah very good.

Soulja Girl
08-30-2009, 10:35 PM

A very beneficial blog mashallah! :thumbs_up May Allah increase your knowledge! :)

:wa:

al Amaanah
08-30-2009, 10:48 PM

jazaak Allaho khairan.

Soulja Girl
09-28-2009, 02:47 PM

*bump*

Pk_#2
09-28-2009, 08:15 PM

JazakAllah khayr, excellent masha'Allah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun
may Allah reward you
Aameen, :D And you.

What's..riyaaa' nor sum'a?

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdu-l-Majeed
By the way, did anyone notice the two alifs in "rahmatullah" in this salam: :wasalamex :D
Na waii :skeleton:

Ummu Sufyaan
09-29-2009, 01:36 PM
^ :wasalamex
riyaa is showing off and Sum'a is reputation.

Khaldun
10-01-2009, 11:32 AM

Riyaa' is if some one does a deed that is meant to be for Allah but is done for anyone besides Him, for an example if you pray your Salah and that takes usually 5 mins but then your best friend happens to be with you in the masjid so to impress him or her you make it 10 mins so that they might say mashAllah this person prays very well etc

As for Sum'a it is very similar, but the person will not see you do that action. For an example you pray the night prayers no one is there to see you, just you and Allah but the next morning you go to your friend and say you know last night I only slept one hour and stood up for prayer the rest of the night.

The Prophet of Allah said:

Should I inform you of that which I fear for you even more than the dangers of Dajjaal ? It is hidden Shirk: A person stands to pray, and he beautifies his prayer because he sees the people looking at him.

Pk_#2
10-01-2009, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
^ :wasalamex
riyaa is showing off and Sum'a is reputation.
JazakiAllaahu khair Umm ul-Shaheed.

Wa'alaykum As-salaam Warahmatullah,

Riyaa' is if some one does a deed that is meant to be for Allah but is done for anyone besides Him, for an example if you pray your Salah and that takes usually 5 mins but then your best friend happens to be with you in the masjid so to impress him or her you make it 10 mins so that they might say mashAllah this person prays very well etc
...atleast they pray

As for Sum'a it is very similar, but the person will not see you do that action. For an example you pray the night prayers no one is there to see you, just you and Allah but the next morning you go to your friend and say you know last night I only slept one hour and stood up for prayer the rest of the night.
...How many night prayers are there

The Prophet of Allah said:

Should I inform you of that which I fear for you even more than the dangers of Dajjaal ? It is hidden Shirk: A person stands to pray, and he beautifies his prayer because he sees the people looking at him.
May Allaah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) save us from this, Aameen

& JazakAllaah khair Khaldun.

Khaldun
10-01-2009, 12:36 PM

This is not really the place to discuss this but what you have to realise is that, even that prayer of theirs will not be accepted because the serverity of showing off.

The Prophet of Allah said that Allah said:

I am independent of associates. So if anyone does a deed, while associating others with Me, I disregard it. That deed is only for the one person for whom it is done

As for night prayers, you should pray 11 units of prayer any night you want.

May Allah reward you in this world and the here after.

Pk_#2
10-01-2009, 12:57 PM

This is not really the place to discuss this but what you have to realise is that, even that prayer of theirs will not be accepted because the serverity of showing off.

The Prophet of Allah said that Allah said:

I am independent of associates. So if anyone does a deed, while associating others with Me, I disregard it. That deed is only for the one person for whom it is done
As for night prayers, you should pray 11 units of prayer any night you want.

May Allah reward you in this world and the here after.

Wa'alaykum As-salaam Warahmatullaah,

Sorry for taking your thread off topic, jazakAllaah khair, Mein sumjtee hu!

severity*

Aameen, May Allaah also reward you fid dunya wa'al akhirah, Aameen,

11 units is too much, can someone do it on your behalf?

Soulja Girl
10-23-2009, 01:35 PM

*bump*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.