/* */

PDA

View Full Version : getting married today

Khalil_Allah
08-13-2009, 12:08 AM
well, today is the day, inshaAllah. Allah swt has brought me all this way and today is katb-al-kitab.

I'm nervous.... I'm anxious... i'm everything at once.

This is the irony of my life. I'm sitting at home and it's about two hours til Maghrib. My katb-al-kitab "ceremony" is going to be after Maghrib. My parents are throwing a party... not for me. For their friend; it's his birthday. Wullahi, I can hear wine bottles opening as I type this. I tried to explain to them the importance of this and the stages of the Islamic marriage, but they don't care. "If it makes you happy, then do what you want" they say.

Yet somewhere 30 or 40 minutes drive away from here, there is a beautiful, pious girl who's been waiting on this day. Her whole family has been waiting on this day. They're fixing her hair and ironing her clothes and making food and preparing the house for guests so that I can come and we can sign this contract and become husband and wife before Allah swt. Half of my deen will be acquired tonight right?

Lol I mean I don't know how to explain how I feel. It's so surreal. I'm getting on an internet board to find support before I go get married. I'm going to have no family there. Just friends of her parents will be there. Although they show me love me like a son. They treat me so well. We pray together, they help me with my Arabic, we laugh and eat and life is so wonderful over there. And they raised a daughter to be just like them. And somehow Allah chose me to bless with such a girl.

Then I come back here to my big expensive home that feels more like a bar except that my parents live here. HAHA!

Hamdilah! Today is the best day of my life. Allah is so merciful and so generous and I don't deserve this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
08-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Congratulations. May Allaah bless your marriage and grant you pious, beautiful and healthy children, who will be the coolness of your eyes. And may Allaah make you both a way to Jannah for each other. Ameen.

north_malaysian
08-13-2009, 08:34 AM
[banana]مبروووووك ألف مبروووووووووووك[/banana]

glo
08-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Congratulations to you and your wife.
I pray that your marriage and life together will be blessed! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tilmeez
08-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Mabrook Akhee Alf Alf Mabrook.
Wish you a blessed life and marriage, Inshallah.

Thank Allah SWT and enjoy your day. Pay our (LI family's)Salams to our Bhabi [Sister in Law] :).

IbnAbdulHakim
08-13-2009, 11:21 AM
MABROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK :D :D !

mashAllaaaaaahhhhh brooo u shud b happy - happy 4 u :D !!! lol

Snowflake
08-13-2009, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalil_Allah
well, today is the day, inshaAllah. Allah swt has brought me all this way and today is katb-al-kitab.

I'm nervous.... I'm anxious... i'm everything at once.

This is the irony of my life. I'm sitting at home and it's about two hours til Maghrib. My katb-al-kitab "ceremony" is going to be after Maghrib. My parents are throwing a party... not for me. For their friend; it's his birthday. Wullahi, I can hear wine bottles opening as I type this. I tried to explain to them the importance of this and the stages of the Islamic marriage, but they don't care. "If it makes you happy, then do what you want" they say.

Yet somewhere 30 or 40 minutes drive away from here, there is a beautiful, pious girl who's been waiting on this day. Her whole family has been waiting on this day. They're fixing her hair and ironing her clothes and making food and preparing the house for guests so that I can come and we can sign this contract and become husband and wife before Allah swt. Half of my deen will be acquired tonight right?

Lol I mean I don't know how to explain how I feel. It's so surreal. I'm getting on an internet board to find support before I go get married. I'm going to have no family there. Just friends of her parents will be there. Although they show me love me like a son. They treat me so well. We pray together, they help me with my Arabic, we laugh and eat and life is so wonderful over there. And they raised a daughter to be just like them. And somehow Allah chose me to bless with such a girl.

Then I come back here to my big expensive home that feels more like a bar except that my parents live here. HAHA!

Hamdilah! Today is the best day of my life. Allah is so merciful and so generous and I don't deserve this.
Wallahi bro *has lump in throat* you deserve it so much and that's why Allah blessed you with this happiness. Those who can't be a part of this blessing, they are at a loss. May Allah guide them to the Truth. Ameen.

I pray Allah brings you nothing but happiness in your marriage, and may you both be the best examples of a husband and wife in Islam. Ameen :statisfie

Big big mabrooks for the day!!! :D

S_87
08-13-2009, 11:47 AM
mabrook brother, may Allah bless your marriage!

tresbien
08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Congratulation mashallah.May all my sisters in islam and brother get married.May allah increase their provision and ours.
Praise be to Allaah.

When a Muslim wants to consummate his marriage, a number of things are recommended in the sunnah:

He should treat his bride kindly and gently, like offering her something to drink and so on, because of the hadeeth narrated by Asmaa’ bint Yazeed ibn al-Sakan, who said: “I prepared ‘Aa’ishah as a bride when she married the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). I came to him and invited him to see her (uncover her face). So he came and sat beside her, and a large cup of milk was brought to him. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) drank some, then offered it to her, but she lowered her head and felt shy. I rebuked her and said: ‘Take it from the hand of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ So she took it and drank a little, then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to her, ‘Give some to your companion (meaning himself).’” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad and deemed saheeh by al-Albaani)

He should place his hand on his bride’s head and pray for her, saying “Bismillaah” and asking for barakah (blessing), saying the words reported in the hadeeth narrated by ‘Abdullaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas, who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When one of you marries a woman or buys a servant, let him say: ‘Allaahumma inni as’aluka khayraha wa khayra ma jabaltaha ‘alayhi wa a’oodhu bika min sharriha wa min sharri ma jabaltaha ‘alayhi (O Allaah, I ask You for her goodness and the goodness which You have created in her, and I seek refuge with You from her evil and the evil which You have created in her).’” Abu Dawud said that Abu Sa’eed added: “Then let him take hold of her forelock and pray for blessing from this woman or servant.” (Reported by Abu Dawud in al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Nikaah, Baab fi jaami’ al-nikaah; classed as hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 341)

He should pray two rak’ahs with her, leading her in prayer, because this is reported as being the practice of the salaf (early generations). There are two reports concerning this. (i) from Abu Sa’eed, the freed slave of Abu Usayd, which states that a group of the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught him and told him: “When your wife comes in to you, pray two rak’ahs and ask Allaah for the goodness of what has come to you, and seek refuge with Him from its evil.” (ii) from Shaqeeq, who said: “A man called Abu Hareez came and said (to ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood, may Allaah be pleased with him): ‘I have married a young virgin girl, but I am afraid that she may hate me.’ ‘Abdullaah said: ‘Love comes from Allaah and hatred comes from Shaytaan, who wants to make you hate what Allaah has made permissible. When she comes to you, tell her to pray two rak’ahs behind you.’” (These two reports were narrated by Ibn Abi Shaybah; see Aadaab al-Zafaaf by al-Albaani).

When he wants to consummate the marriage, he should say the words reported in the hadeeth reported by Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: “When one of you wants to approach (have intercourse with) his wife, if he says: ‘Bismillahi Allaahumma jannibna al-Shaytaan wa jannib al-Shaytaan ma razaqtana (In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, protect us from Shaytaan and protect whatever You give to us from Shaytaan)’ – then if they are given a child, Shaytaan will not harm it.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 3271)

(For more information, see Aadaab al-Zafaaf by al-Albaani, p. 91)

There is no limit to the number of guests one can invite to a wedding feast (waleema), so invite whoever you wish of your relatives, the bride’s relatives, your friends and anyone you have a good reason to invite.

It is not permitted in Islam to do anything that is haraam such as having music, letting men and women mix, or letting women dance in front of men, or other things that earn the wrath of Allaah. How can the blessing of Allaah be exchanged for disobedience and immorality? At weddings, women can do whatever is allowed in Islam, such as singing acceptable songs with good words or entertaining themselves by playing the daff (a certain kind of drum, resembling a tambourine without the rattles) only, so long as no men are present.

Providing the wedding feast (waleema) is the husband’s responsibility. The sunnah is to slaughter one sheep or more for the guests, if he is able to, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf, “Give a wedding feast, even if it is only one sheep.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 2048).

We ask Allaah to bless you and your bride and to grant you a happy marriage.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

tresbien
08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Eitiquette of marriage click on the link to read the answer of the questions related to this topic
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/cat/398

aadil77
08-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Congrats bruv! :D

And somehow Allah chose me to bless with such a girl.

I'm sure you deserve it bro, keep steadfast on islam and Allah will give you success :shade:

celina
08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
MashAllah marriage such a beautiful thing, may Allah bless the both of you, many many mubaraks. :statisfie

Afg
08-13-2009, 12:59 PM
:sl: MashaAllah bro :) that was a nice way to put it. May Allah bless your marriage. Mabrook!

markislam
08-13-2009, 01:12 PM
God bless you

noorseeker
08-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Mabrook

Ansariyah
08-13-2009, 03:42 PM
MashaAllah Mabrook akhi!

the way u put that was so beautiful!

May Allah bless your marriage with the beauty of the marriage of Ayesha (ra) and Rasululah (saw) n make u towards oneanother the way they were ameen.

UmmHasan
08-13-2009, 04:14 PM
MashAllah! Mabrook brother! May Allah bless both of you!

Ar-RaYYan
08-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Mabrook!
May Allah bless your marraige and bless you with beautiful pious children. Ameen

Tony
08-13-2009, 10:59 PM
May Allah protect and bless your marriage, Ameen

جوري
08-13-2009, 11:04 PM
awwwwwww... mabrooooooooooooook.. khyer insha'Allah..
don't be nervous or anxious as I am sure your bride is too.. take it easy, you have a life time to cope with the shock lol...

:w:

Hayaa
08-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Mabrook! May Allah place endless love and blessings in your marriage and grant you and your wife the best of both worlds! Ameen! ^^

blackgirl92
08-13-2009, 11:24 PM
congragulations brother, may allah bless you and your marriage:)

about your parents.. If nothing changes unless you do your best, do tawakkul about them. inshaallah Allah will help you..

blackgirl92
08-13-2009, 11:27 PM
correction: there should be "although" instead of "unless".. sorry :$

alcurad
08-13-2009, 11:32 PM
epic :), have fun and remember to be nice!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-14-2009, 12:16 AM
:sl:

MashaAllah that was so lovely :D

Allah(swt) blessed you this way so He knows BEST how deserving you are. Allah(swt) obviously knows you are deserving of this wonderful blessing :)

Ameeeeeen to alllllllll the du'as and future du'as :D

Supercareful
08-14-2009, 12:41 AM
:salamext:

Congratulations(Mubarak Ho). I still ponder into my thoughts on how my marriage will be and how it should be.

My goals on how my marriage should be(What I want it to be):
•Excellent food.
•A known Imaam(locally)doing the ceremony.
•No critism pouring over my family,regarding my marriage*.

*:The star indicates this message:My family is known to critize it's own members over things:(. inshallah' that will change.

Back to the point,congratulations once again.

Bint-Al-Islam
08-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Salam Alekum
Congratulations to you and your new wife.. MABROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!! :D
May Allah Bless your marriage.. Ameen :)

جوري
08-14-2009, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supercareful

Congratulations(Mubarak Ho). I still ponder into my thoughts on how my marriage will be and how it should be.

My goals on how my marriage should be(What I want it to be):
•Excellent food.
•A known Imaam(locally)doing the ceremony.
•No critism pouring over my family,regarding my marriage*.

*:The star indicates this message:My family is known to critize it's own members over things:(. inshallah' that will change.

Back to the point,congratulations once again.

ha, you should know by now, that it is universal for families and 'friends' to criticize, and that the wedding is never about celebration of the couple, rather fodder and fun for fogies/ fossils..
so just grin and bear it, it is just one day, then you've your lives together.. I suppose that is why I personally find weddings to be frivolous...

I have used many F words, my humble apologies...

Zafran
08-14-2009, 01:02 AM
salaam

congrats

may Allah bless you

peace

جوري
08-14-2009, 01:04 AM
btw I have to say fun aside, that I was truly touched by your story.. I believe that Allah swt finds us our partners based on our intentions, and I think you are a wonderful brother from your writing here, you have alot of heart.. so insha'Allah, Allah swt will bless you both with a long, happy righteous life and bless you with healthy pious beautiful children

ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.