/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confused!!! What is SABR?

Ali_008
08-13-2009, 04:56 AM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters

I'm going through a rough phase in my personal life again (some of you might recall what I'm talking about). I want something badly, I can't tolerate the fact that its not going to be mine and there's hardly any chance that I'll get it even if I give my best shot. It already looks enough excruciating, extreme, impossible, insufferable, insupportable, unbearable, undesirable, unendurable to me but I know Allah does not burden a soul greater than it can bear. I know that all this happening to me was with Allah's will, he wanted me to have this time but I've no clue what to do now. I want to have Sabr and not just patience (I've read that Sabr has a much wider meaning than patience). My focus has shifted from Dhikr/Zikr to this problem. I'm just burning within, can't even cry (no tears, don't know why). I have my exams as well. I'm trying to stay calm but my head doesn't. I haven't done anything so far but I feel I'm not putting up with Sabr. Tell me what to do? :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
08-13-2009, 08:56 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
just solider on. life stinks, we are only here for a short while and *inshallah* there is a better aakhirah in store for us. just be patient even if you feel like you are about to explode and put up with your hardship for the sake of Allah! <---stick that in your head and really believe it...try to be as mentally tranquil as you can by believing that whatever has/will happen is due to qadr and therefore you cant do anything so don't tire and exhaust yourself over something that isnt in your hands.

the secrets of patience
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...-patience.html

how hardship is turned into ease
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...into-ease.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.