/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My first mosque visit

markislam
08-14-2009, 12:18 AM
i went to mosque today infact i was planning to go tomorrow and ended up going today. i was scared to go inside because i was new there and did not know who to ask.

i found a person there and i asked him i want to know more about islam. his name was abdul rahman and black muslim.

he gave me a seat and told me the 5 pillars of islam.

and he said that Allah ordained that i come to him at that time, and that everything is ordained by Allah.

he said to come again on sun 2 pm. :statisfie

I felt so at peace there

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
touba
08-14-2009, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
i went to mosque today infact i was planning to go tomorrow and ended up going today. i was scared to go inside because i was new there and did not know who to ask.

i found a person there and i asked him i want to know more about islam. his name was abdul rahman and black muslim.

and he said that Allah ordained that i come to him at that time, and that everything is ordained by Allah.

I felt so at peace there
Mashallah good step we are all proud of you please go ahead inshallah you will be one of us ameen

جوري
08-14-2009, 05:36 AM
very nice masha'Allah.. I hope you always find peace in Islam insha'Allah

:w:

- IqRa -
08-14-2009, 09:50 AM
MashaAllaah, so you will say the shahadah on Sunday?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
markislam
08-14-2009, 10:16 AM
not yet first i want to find a mosque far away, the one i went is close to my house. i want to be a muslim in secret for some time.

Somaiyah
08-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Salam,
To be a Muslim in secret can be a good thing if you don't wait 6 months with telling it like me. It's really not a good feeling to hide it.
Besides, my first mosque visit I did in June this year and it was amazing :) Since then I have only visited it one time more because it's too far away, it's not so good to live in a small village with only nazi clubs hm.

Snowflake
08-14-2009, 11:22 AM

I felt so at peace there
wowow mashaAllah. That's so good to here Mark. Please keep us posted :)

markislam
08-14-2009, 11:27 AM
sister i believe you are from germany, it is hard to keep it a secret but will try my best

format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Salam,
To be a Muslim in secret can be a good thing if you don't wait 6 months with telling it like me. It's really not a good feeling to hide it.
Besides, my first mosque visit I did in June this year and it was amazing :) Since then I have only visited it one time more because it's too far away, it's not so good to live in a small village with only nazi clubs hm.

Danah
08-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Mashallah brother this is really a very good news
May Allah make it easy on you and guide u always to the right path, and may Allah keep ur soul always at peace

Keep us updated of ur other visits inshaAllah

UmmSqueakster
08-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Awesome! I attend a predominantly african american masjid and the people are absolutely amazing - I always get a million salaams and hugs from them :)

Just be prepared for the possibility that people will find out you're muslim. I hid my islam from my parents and wasn't planning on telling them until after I graduated. Unfortunately, they suspected something was up, snooped in my email and confronted me about it when I totally wasn't prepared. Although it's not ideal, do mentally prepare yourself in case people find out before you tell them.

Zafran
08-14-2009, 12:39 PM
salaam

subhan Allah May Allah bless you

peace

Afg
08-14-2009, 12:42 PM
MashaAllah thats just great :). Im glad it didnt turn out so bad.

markislam
08-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I am waiting for sunday so i can go and see him again at 2 pm

Strzelecki
08-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Ahkee. Brings tears to my eyes.
I remember the exact same time for me. My two years soince my first Mosque visit is coming up in the next few days insha'Allah.

May Allah (swt) protect and keep you steadfast ahkee Mark, and may he reward ahkunaa Abdul Rahman for the help and support he provided you with. Ameen.

Wow. Congratulations brother!

Somaiyah
08-14-2009, 09:03 PM
sister i believe you are from germany, it is hard to keep it a secret but will try my best
Oh no I am from Sweden. But from a very small village and the closest mosque is about 2 hours by bus and train from me...

Tony
08-14-2009, 10:40 PM
markislam I waited yrs b4 going to mosque, you really took the bull by the horns, well done brother. May Allah guide you and reward your efforts, Ameen. Dont get too used to hiding being a muslim tho, when u feel strong you will want the world to know. Peace bro

blackgirl92
08-14-2009, 10:51 PM
congragulations brother! I'm really happy to hear that it went on well. mashallah :)

markislam
08-15-2009, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Oh no I am from Sweden. But from a very small village and the closest mosque is about 2 hours by bus and train from me...
wow that is so far :hmm:

markislam
08-15-2009, 12:36 AM
what took you so long bro ?

format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
markislam I waited yrs b4 going to mosque, you really took the bull by the horns, well done brother. May Allah guide you and reward your efforts, Ameen. Dont get too used to hiding being a muslim tho, when u feel strong you will want the world to know. Peace bro

AnberBHaq
08-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Mashallah! You have taken high steps! I am proud of you and I hope you learn to follow the way of Islam.

Feeling peace there is a very good sign.

Muslim Woman
08-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Salaam/Peace

i want to be a muslim in secret for some time.
If u believe God is one without partner and
Muhammed (peace be upon him ) is His final messenger , then I think you are already a Muslim.

If u officially want to be recognised as a Muslim , then u need to testify it in front of 2 Muslims. U can also give Shahada online . Here is one link

www.muslimconverts.com/howtoconvert

AbuUbaida

AbuUbaida muslimconverts@yahoo.co.uk

bamboozled
08-15-2009, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
If u officially want to be recognised as a Muslim , then u need to testify it in front of 2 Muslims. U can also give Shahada online . Here is one link
I do not believe this to be true. Dr Zakir Naik, I am sure in a video, said that this part was not necessary, the only person that needs to know is you and your creator.

Can someone please confirm or dispute this. I have tried looking for the video but beacause it was during the Q and A I cant find it. I am pretty sure thats what he said, is this true?

BTW

Well done ORIGINAL POSTER, I will be back on 2morro(SUNDAY) and want an update!!

Welldone.

markislam
08-15-2009, 12:58 AM
come on i want to do it in front of the mosque not virtually :) also dont forget i have to clean my hairs that is what the bro said in the mosque. I will do it soon. technically iam a muslim in my heart now.

Muslim Woman
08-15-2009, 01:17 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by bamboozled
I do not believe this to be true. Dr Zakir Naik, I am sure in a video, said that this part was not necessary, .

To be a Muslim , official part is not necessary but to avoid some unpleasant situation , it's better to be recognised as a Muslim. Few months back , a revert Muslim died in US but he was cremeted ..burnt ( as his Hindu mom claimed he was not a Muslim ) .

Muslim Woman
08-15-2009, 01:22 AM

technically iam a muslim in my heart now.

markislam
08-15-2009, 01:28 AM
come on sister i dont understand arabic :omg:

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

sur
08-15-2009, 12:06 PM
come on sister i dont understand arabic :omg:
1st word she wrote is us-salaam-o-a' lai' kom means "may peace be upon you"

2nd word is "Al-ham-du-lil' lah" or "Al-hamdulillah" meaning "All praise be to GOD Almighty ALLAH" it's often said by the way of thanking ALLAH for something.

Nora.
08-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Mashallah
I'm very happy for hearing such good news :)

may allah bless you and guide you to the right path inshallah :)

Tony
08-15-2009, 10:28 PM
what took you so long bro ?
well I converted at mosque to get married, then I looked into Islam and believed it, then i messed about for few yrs claiming to be muslim but doing haraam stuff still, then went Turkey and heard Adhan everywhere and began to take it seriously, then taught myself salaat from books, started reading Qur'an and other literature. Since being serious about Islam and my covenant with Allah I have wanted to go to jummu'ah but felt nervous about it, I wanted someone to take me as I was consciouss of maybe praying wrong, being white among so many asians and had no idea what to expect, I have put all this in more detail as a thread. In short I was making barriers to going but only realised after I went for friday prayers. I didnt say shahada in front of many ppl (5) but I see how it is a big thing for others, but you know brother, if you were on a desert island alone and said shahada, it is the same as saying it on live TV, Allah is listening and thats all that matters. Hope this helps a bit, May Allah guide you to towering imaan, Ameen

Bub
08-16-2009, 02:55 PM
MashaAllah! Might Allah guide u and InshaAllah your 2nd visit 2 mosque today was good inshaAllah

Ramadhan
08-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Alhamdulillaah! Allah has guided you to the right path.
May HE keeps you on the straight path InsyaAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.