/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I pray?

Clover
08-14-2009, 01:17 AM
I have had some statements that seem to be asking "How do I pray, if not too god?" Well, I am here to answer them, I will give out some info, and then if you have questions still, I am not going to run from them, but I will ignore any questions that are trying to ask me why I think I am right in praying and your not, cause that's false, and please no crap like "Why do you believe that?" cause, I have explained my beliefs in a topic before, if you want, pm me them kinda questions.

Whom do I pray? The Kami, in Shinto, many see the Kami as Gods, I see them as ancestral spirits, I know other Shintoists who do. I pray to them for whoever, wherever, and anywhere.

Why do I pray? I think it helps strengthen bonds with the Ancestors, and I think it is a respectable thing to do for others.

Where do I pray? Anywhere, but I prefer to do it in me room, but once I build a Shrine for myself when I am older, I will pray their daily. For now, and while in the Army, I will build a mini-shrine, to set at.

Why do I ask if I can pray for someone else? 99.99% of the time, the other person is not a Shintoist, or even non-Abrahamic religion, so I ask before-hand, cause I have insulted some for doing it, and they got really bad about it, to the point of calling me a devil worshiper.

Ask away.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
newBro
11-08-2009, 06:00 AM
Surah Hajj, Ayat 71: وَيَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ مَا لَمْ يُنَزِّلْ بِهِ سُلْطَانًا وَمَا لَيْسَ لَهُم بِهِ عِلْمٌ ۗ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِن نَّصِيرٍ
Yet they worship, besides Allah, things for which no authority has been sent down to them, and of which they have (really) no knowledge: for those that do wrong there is no helper.

Ayat 72: وَإِذَا تُتْلَىٰ عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُنَا بَيِّنَاتٍ تَعْرِفُ فِي وُجُوهِ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا الْمُنكَرَ ۖ يَكَادُونَ يَسْطُونَ بِالَّذِينَ يَتْلُونَ عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِنَا ۗ قُلْ أَفَأُنَبِّئُكُم بِشَرٍّ مِّن ذَ*ٰلِكُمُ ۗ النَّارُ وَعَدَهَا اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا ۖ وَبِئْسَ الْمَصِيرُ
When Our Clear Signs are recited to them, thou wilt notice a denial on the faces of the Unbelievers! they nearly attack with violence those who recite Our Signs to them. Say, "Shall I tell you of something (far) worse than these Signs? It is the Fire (of Hell)! Allah has promised it to the Unbelievers! and evil is that destination!"

Ayat 73: يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ ضُرِبَ مَثَلٌ فَاسْتَمِعُوا لَهُ ۚ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ لَن يَخْلُقُوا ذُبَابًا وَلَوِ اجْتَمَعُوا لَهُ ۖ وَإِن يَسْلُبْهُمُ الذُّبَابُ شَيْئًا لَّا يَسْتَنقِذُوهُ مِنْهُ ۚ ضَعُفَ الطَّالِبُ وَالْمَطْلُوبُ
O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, you call, cannot create (even) a fly, even if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!

Brother,
You may take this in jest, but know that everyone has to die, including me, including you. And know that if you die while worshipping anything besides God, Allah, there is no doubt in the world that you will be thrown into Hell for ever, for eternity without any escape. The least you can do to be just to your own self is to read the Quran and ponder over it because it is the Message from Allah that He has bestowed on us to guide us.

May Allah guide you.

Supreme
11-08-2009, 12:32 PM
In Taoism, do you believe the spirits you pray to will ensure heaven after you've passed away?

Thanks.

Grace Seeker
11-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Do you consider your prayers to be effectual (in the since of cause and effect) in any way on you, anyone, or anything else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
11-19-2009, 11:39 PM
hmm interesting thread

I have the same question as graceseeker

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.