/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I wonder, can you pray more than 5 times?

AnberBHaq
08-14-2009, 03:12 AM
I have been a muslim all my life, as a grew in a muslim family but, I was just wondering --can you pray more than five times? What other times?

I never did it before, I just wondered! :statisfie

Thanks, brothers and sisters!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
08-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Yes, yes you can!

There are 3 general categories of prayers:

1. Fard - these are the 5 times daily prayers
2. Sunnah - these are extra rakat that were the habit of the Prophet (saws) to pray before and after the fard prayers
3. Nafl - optional/voluntary prayers

Muslimah4Eva x
08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Asalamalaikum sister,

You have to pray the five daily payers (its one of the five pillars)...

You can pray optional prayers for example---> sunnah, nawafil, qiyamul-layl...

mahfuja
08-15-2009, 08:39 PM
salaam :)

You can pray extra prayers when ever you like only:

"There are three times in the day when one is forbidden to offer any prayers, even make up prayers which are actually considered invalid if offered at these times. These times are when the sun rises up until it is above the horizon by the length of a spear (about twenty minutes after sun rise), when the sun is at its zenith [when the sun is at its peak] and when the sun turns dull in radiance such that one can look at it until it sets (about twenty minutes to half an hour before sun set)" - **************

The best prayer after the fard prayer is the night prayer [Tahajjud]:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions) said, The best prayer after the obligatory prayers is the night prayer.[Muslim]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hayaa
08-15-2009, 11:27 PM
:sl: sister, as mentioned, there are other nawafil you can read daily besides the five obligatory prayers.

Here's a website I found that explains this matter in detail

http://www.sunnirazvi.org/practices/prayers.htm

May Allah give us the ability to perform these prayers with punctuality and strenghten us in our fardh prayers as well.. ameen

& Allah (swt) knows best.

mahfuja
08-15-2009, 11:32 PM
sorry i gave a website to where i quoted that fatwa from, dont know why it came up as stars :S

lets try again insha'Allah:
http://qa.**************/issue_view....D=3292&CATE=98

Duhaa786M
08-16-2009, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnberBHaq
I have been a muslim all my life, as a grew in a muslim family but, I was just wondering --can you pray more than five times? What other times?

I never did it before, I just wondered! :statisfie

Thanks, brothers and sisters!
yes sister the the 5 salaah are all faradh but is the nafl:
Salaatut-Tahajjud, Salaatul-Ishraaq,Sunnan-zawaal,Salatut-Duhaa,Salaatul-awabeen. these are read every day. there are many more other prayers, but these are kind of the best to perform, if you would like know how to perform them you can ask me.:thankyou:

Duhaa786M
08-16-2009, 03:05 PM
*but this is the nafl. so sorry!

abu_musab461
08-16-2009, 05:25 PM
you are not allowed to pray any extra fard raka or salah more or less that what the prophet pbuh prescribed.

happynur
08-20-2009, 02:52 AM
the most important is 5 times a day pray (salaat).

Allah will count (hesaab/hisaab) our salaat first in makhsyaar.
if they are good, all of our conduct while we were alive will be good.
but if they aren't, Allah will check if you've got another salaat, i.g : qiyamul lail, rawatib, and another sunnah...

that's way we're encouraged to do salaat sunnah :)

nb : sorry for my bad english :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.