/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu questions

syilla
08-14-2009, 06:02 AM
:salamext:

Me and my two children had a fever for more than two days. Alhamdulillah i'm feeling much better. and going to the office with the mask on :omg:

But i'm a bit worried for my two children...because all of us are having a mild cough and afraid that their lungs might get infected. My voice has changed...so were my children. Does antibiotics can help this.

We are not given any kind of anti viral medicine...so i'm not sure if we're really getting better.

Can we get lung infection without realising it... and also i noticed that both of my children is getting tired. Not as active during the first day of the fever.

What symptom should i get worried? is it the high fever? They both having fever on and off. My fever is for two days...then coughing.

Some says that vaccine is no use if you have had catched the fever. is this true?

p/s:- i've already went to a clinic...and have not updated the clinic after that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
08-14-2009, 06:15 AM
Perhaps Skye is still here to give some advice.
Here is my penny's worth:

Coughing, tiredness and fever certainly are symptoms of flu.

Since the flu is caused by a virus anti-biotics won't do anything - unless one of you contracts a secondary bacterial infection (a continuing or worsening cough with phlem could a sign of that - so if the cough and fever continues, phone your doctor)

Here in the UK they are reviewing the prescribing of anti-viral drugs (especially for children), because the side effects seem to outweigh the benefits.

As fas as I know there is no vaccine available yet. When there is, it won't be suitable for those who are already ill. It will only prevent those who are not ill from catching the disease.

Just look after yourselves. Eat some, drink well, keep the children cool. Take rests.
Can you go to the doctors when you have suspected swine flu in Malaysia?
Or is health advise given via internet/over the phone?

I hope you all recover well and quickly!

جوري
08-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Just noticed this thread... I think you should take the kids to the doc if they have a fever above 101 degrees Fahrenheit or equivalent centigrade, if they have low grade fever treat with mild analgesics (absolutely no aspirin) containing compounds.. if they have a productive cough with a fever, then your doc will probably do a rapid strep test on them, it is done in the office. I have no idea whether it is viral or bacterial or fungal or what type in said categories without a history/physical and lab work..
antivirals are only good within the first 24/48hrs so I suspect if it is viral or the common cold that you should simply use supportive measures (like humidifying the air and giving them fluids) ...

vaccine for the flu is indeed no good after the fact of the matter, since their body will mount natural immunity ..

let us know how they are doing by tomorrow insha'Allah

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

syilla
08-14-2009, 07:57 AM
their fever is quite high more than 38degC...but i keep it in control by giving them paracetamol and sometimes the medicine that is inserted from behind( sorry i can't remember the name :D)

and once the effect of the medicine is out...the fever crept back.

I'll check them this evening and update again InshaAllah tomorrow.

Should i be worried if they become less active...as if they love to sleep the whole day.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
08-14-2009, 06:13 PM
yeah, I think if this has persisted for more than three days, you should take them in to be seen. Swine flu can be diagnosed with a nasal wash since it is the fastest. I have no way to tell what they have, but if their fever doesn't break, you should definitely take them in.

May Allah swt grant your family shiffa

Danah
08-14-2009, 09:35 PM
sis Skye...is feeling nausea and tiredness one of the symptoms?

and how long it take from catching the virus until feeling the symptoms??

I was not very well few days ago when I was in Macca, and I was afraid of getting the virus since there are many people there..but Alhumdulilah I am fine now, just wanna make sure
jazaki Allah khair in advance

جوري
08-14-2009, 10:25 PM
:sl:

I have seen two fatwas this year about banning Hajj for people who are weak and can't handle it ....

Nausea, weakness and vomiting, and even seizures are very non-descriptive symptoms to almost every bug known to man.. Maybe you just have a case of traveler's diarrhea or the common cold.. I think if you're feeling incredibly weak and disoriented that you should see your doctor...
as simple traveling can introduce a host of things that aren't recognized by your system..

The swine flu has been sort of self limiting, but it has claimed a few lives, and usually if it is to be treated at all, it is best done within the first 24/48 hrs.. the antivirals aren't effective beyond that period..

May Allah swt grant you fast shifa'a

Danah
08-14-2009, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
:sl:

I have seen two fatwas this year about banning Hajj for people who are weak and can't handle it ....
Oh thats rly good to prevent spreading the disease.
I have been told about a statistic saying that this year will be the least ever in the number of people who will go for Hajj

Nausea, weakness and vomiting, and even seizures are very non-descriptive symptoms to almost every bug known to man.. Maybe you just have a case of traveler's diarrhea or the common cold..
immmm....I think you are right, because I am fine now after a plenty of sleep Alhumdulilah

I think if you're feeling incredibly weak and disoriented that you should see your doctor...
as simple traveling can introduce a host of things that aren't recognized by your system..

The swine flu has been sort of self limiting, but it has claimed a few lives, and usually if it is to be treated at all, it is best done within the first 24/48 hrs.. the antivirals aren't effective beyond that period..
I was told by a doctor there before doing Umrah by two days that I must have get a vaccine from the virus before going to Macca by 2 weeks!!! that rly confused me because from what I know that they did not made any vaccine against the virus so far

so it was too late for me to take that vaccine since I knew about it two days before the Umrah...InshaAllah khair

May Allah swt grant you fast shifa'a
Ameen
jazaki Allah khair dear for answering I am very skeptic about Healthy issues that's why I wanted to make sure :p

جوري
08-15-2009, 12:02 AM
he probably offered you this year's flu vaccine which would have been wise indeed to take before going..

insha'Allah you'll be ok, if you are running a fever, I suggest you go see your doc though..

fagp1rpp
08-24-2009, 02:45 PM
eat black seed and oil as it have cure for every desease except death and also eat olive oil.Black seed will increase your resistance against deseases.Eat oe table spoon daily

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.