/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trying to convert my friend but i need help on something he said. Please help.

AlexJ90
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
I have been asked a question by someone im trying to convert to islam brothers.

He says to me if Allah is the all knowing, and knows everything before hand. Then does that mean when he made us he knew some of us would go to hell? He knew that some of us would sin etc etc. So whats the point of life then?

Thats what i was told. Brothers can anyone give me a good explanation on this.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
hmmm yes it does mean he knew, but Allah is all fair and just, he would not punish somebody without giving them a trial. And this life is the trial, on the day of judgement when your book of deeds says that you deserve to go to hell how can you argue???

where as if Allah just threw you in the hell fire you'd feel it was unfair because you never even had a shot at the test to proove you don't deserve hell fire.

It's like putting some 1 in prison when they haven't comitted the crime, even though you know their going to commite the crime. to put them in prison for doing something they haven't is unfair because your punishing them for an action they haven't done.

This way on the day of judgement when the hands and limbs start to speak of the evil you committed it acts as proof to yourself that Allah hasn't been unjust with you.

touba
08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlexIslam
I have been asked a question by someone im trying to convert to islam brothers.

He says to me if Allah is the all knowing, and knows everything before hand. Then does that mean when he made us he knew some of us would go to hell? He knew that some of us would sin etc etc. So whats the point of life then?

Thats what i was told. Brothers can anyone give me a good explanation on this.

Thanks
The answer is easy and simple because Allah Subhanaho Wa Taala want to test us in this life and Allah Subhanaho Wa Taala show us the bad things and the good things and Allah Subhanaho Wa Taala told us about the jannah and about the hell so if yu want to go to jannah be a good practical muslim in this life but if you want to go to the hell be a bad mushrik person in this life, We are in this temporary fani life for a test and ebada and allah knows

please dont forget me in your pray and duaa

Jazakoum Allah khayiran

your sister in islam

btissam

Zafran
08-14-2009, 02:03 PM
salaam

why are you trying to convert someone - you do know you cant convert anybody - you can only give Dawah or an invitation to Islam.

The answer is as others have said - but the test is not for God - Its for us - If we do well we Get heaven if we dont we get Hell may God protect us form that - God knows who will Go to heaven and hell beacsue of the actions and choices the humans will make.

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
08-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Allah gives you a choice of whether to believe or not, and how to conduct your life, the choice is yours, the knowledge of what your choice will bve is Allahs

markislam
08-15-2009, 01:03 AM
God has given us free will to choose right or wrong yes He knows everything.

let me give you a example you know if some one jumps in front of a moving car you might get hurt, so it is your free will you can either jump or save your self by not.

sur
08-15-2009, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlexIslam
...He says to me if Allah is the all knowing, and knows everything before hand. Then does that mean when he made us he knew some of us would go to hell? He knew that some of us would sin etc etc. So whats the point of life then?...
After creating us ALLAH through HIS knowledge figured out what each of us would do(Quran:87:2-3)*. & HE wrote it down as takdeer in "Al-Kitaab"(The Book) in heavens. Also when one of us is born, his/her takdeer is hung on his/her neck (A hadees).

Now why ALLAH made us go through this life, answer is given well by other posters.

I'll add that there's an aayah of quran (i'm trying to look for reference #) that says ALLAH created the world so that there be evidence against people....... this aayah supports what other posters said here that no body should get any reason to say that i wasn't given a chance, if i was i would have done good deeds......
=========
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
actually we misunderstand "Tak-deer" تقدير

Allah created & then with HIS knowledge predicted what will happen in future of every soul he created & wrote down that prediction. That is called "Tak-deer".

So things take their natural course BUT ALLAH had forseen & written all of that as "Tak-deer".

& ALLAH can change "Tak-deer" any time, that's why we pray so that may Allah change any bad written in our future to good.

format_quote Originally Posted by sur
Just to suppliment what i said:-

Qur'an:87:3:-PICKTHAL: Who measureth, then guideth;
وَالَّذِي = and WHO
قَدَّرَ = estimated, anticipated, evaluated, judged, guess, rekon.
فَهَدَى = then granted guidence.

The word تقدير"(Tak-deer) is derived from قَدَّرَ).
So this "anticipation"(قَدَّرَ) is written for every soul, as his/her "تقدير"(Tak-deer). So it's nothing forced on us, rather it's just a prediction of future.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.