/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dawa'h to french "muslim"

aadil77
08-14-2009, 06:29 PM
:sl:

I have french guys who come over in the summer to learn english from my mum, now this is the second 'muslim' one we've had in almost 5 years

The first one was probably not even muslim, his dad was iranian he didn't have a clue about islam. So one day it was jumuah, my mum told me to take him to the masjid and gave him the excuse that he can go and see what its like from inside. Well lol this was quite funny, he thought he was just gonna sit and observe, but the jamat stood up for salah and he was in the middle of it ;D the guy didn't know what was goin on, he probably thought war was about to begin, yeh so he just copied the actions, but he was shaking soo much it looked like we're getting shaytan to pray salah. Anyway I didn't bother after that.

Now this second guy says he's muslim, his dad is a lebanese muslim and his mum is a french atheist. I offered him to join us just now for asr in jamat, but he didn't have clue what I was on about, when he finally understood I asked him if he knew how to pray and he didn't.

This kind of p***ed me off, what kind of a muslim is his dad, the guy knows nothing about islam, he'll probably die in a state of kufr the way he is now. I wonder what proportion of french muslims are even able to practise islam let alone not bother to.

These guys come here to learn english and everything has to remain professional, I don't want him to complain or something.
So should I bother with givin dawa'h to him? The look on his face when I asked him to pray just put me off, it was like asking a kafir to pray.

let me know anyone

JazakhAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
08-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Ever read about how Yusuf Estes converted to Islam? Reading your post reminded me of his story, it's pretty much the same as yours, only the opposite. If that makes sense. You'll understand when you read it. Link.

Anyway, just be a good role model of a muslim, try to link the things you to do Islam (ie. I help my mom out because Islam stresses pleasing your parents, I take showers because Islam says we must have good hygience) that sort of thing. Please don't try any 'extreme' da'wah tactics, such as thrusting a Quran in his face and telling him to believe, or challenging him to some sort of religious debate, explaining scientific Quranic miracles, or any of that stuff. I'm not saying you'd do that, just a word of caution- things like that are best steered cleared from most of the time, and are usually a turn off to anyone interested in Islam, let alone someone who can't make heads or tails of it.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-15-2009, 06:07 PM

I second with sis crayon. Perfect answer!

:w:

aadil77
08-15-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't know, i'll try, my mum is leaving him home with me today so i'll terrorise him whilst she's gone, lol not really

He hardly understands english as it is so its gonna be hard and I bet he'll be wishing he didn't end up with a muslim family by the end of it. Their was a french atheist guy who came once to my house and he didn't belive in christianity like his family, he was pointing out flaws that even I wasn't aware of, he was one of them clever kids who'll question the hell out of you so I filled him in on islam and he was quite impressed as there was a reason and answer for everything he questioned, now I'm wondering if he looked into islam more possibly even converted.

so is it my duty to do this? because he's muslim

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
08-15-2009, 06:17 PM
:wa:

bro im sorry i cant give any good advice lol coz ive never given dawah to a non english speaker before, sis crayons advice was good,

but i found these articles that are in french maybe you could give them these to read?

http://www.understand-islam.net/site...=157&Itemid=40

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-15-2009, 06:18 PM

LoL. Try and not to scare him off lol. Just make sure you carry yourself like you should. I mean I'm sure he will be staring at you since he'll only be left with you loll. Like you know keep your prayers up of course, play some Qu'raan or sit to read etc...make him curious somehow lol.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.