/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cursing

andgar
08-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Asalamalakum

Btw.... which is the correct spelling for "asalamalakum?" I've seen it spelled differently all over the place.

Okay.... back to the main topic.

I'm trying to convert, some of you may remember me from my other thread "URGENT... something something (sorry forgot the full title)" and I have several issues which I will get into as time passes.

This one might seem minor to some, and grave to others but its something that I'm working on. I'm referring to 'cursing' and how severe it is.

I've read some information on it, but like some things in most religions its something that doesn't seem to be followed as strictly as other forbidden acts.

I can read a thousand texts saying how bad it is, but I still see Muslims cursing all the time, and they're good people. I've really tried my best to reform, but at times I just let it out subconsciously before I even know it. Its been second nature for me to curse for most of my life so it won't be easy. I'm also a sports fan, and well..... we all know how that goes from time to time. Specially when somebody misses an easy shot or somebody drops an easy pass... just thinking about it I feel like cursing at the... I'll be nice.

So...... how badly is this frowned upon?

I have made strides, I've been trying to curtail my cursing before my
conversion process and I seem to be getting better :)

While I'm here, is there any music that's forbidden?

I'm an aspiring music producer and music is my life. I'd be devastated if a certain type of music wasn't allowed. No.... I don't listen to Christian music, the most religious I'd probably get is Doobie Brothers *you guys know the song* But is listening to rock allowed? heavy metal? hiphop? Radiohead? Beatles? Nas? etc.etc.

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sur
08-15-2009, 11:39 AM
spelling to pronounce it right...

us-salaam-o-a' lai' kom

Mysterious Uk
08-15-2009, 02:08 PM
here is a thread about cursing: http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-swearing.html and go on search for music, there have been billions about music. e.g. http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...out-music.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.