/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where are we headed?

Nazia Ansari
08-15-2009, 02:55 PM
What i'm going to say is hurtful for me. To begin with let me clear that i'm flawed. There are many things i do that are not islamic. What hurts is the attitude of muslims of my age and those who are in my parents generation. I just want to know whats happening and for me to share my pain. I've come across so many types and now i feel like we have little hope. I know a man who does not fast and he thinks he's genuine as he is open about not fasting unlike the man who says if fasts yet he eats in hiding. This man does not see the sin in not fasting. I know a couple who don't do ghusl after relations. The husbands parents never taught him and the wife says she knew about ghusl but with 2 children is too busy to do it. Surely she does bathe and ghusl takes almost the same time as a shower. I know an elderly lady who prays to or at her ALIVE son's photo twice a day. I don't think its right to pray to or at anyone's photo, alive or dead. I'm scared and don't know where we are headed. The blessed month of Ramadhan is upon us and i know a family who close and open their fast with frowns and fights, removing all barkat from the home. Please tell me that someone out there shares my fear and concerns.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-15-2009, 05:42 PM
:sl:

I understand what you mean sis. There is so much jahilliyah even amongst the Muslims themselves. But Allah(swt) has told us that those who do nothing for this deen, He will replace them with a generation full of taqwa InshaAllah. We might see others do stuff that is wrong and we ourselves have so many issues. So the best thing we can do is work on ourselves, keep ourselves on the deen of Allah InshaAllah and bring that out in our character. We can only do so much to try and bring people to Islam, but ultimately it's Allah who guides or misguides. Make plenty of du'a for yourself and for your fellow Muslims :)

:w:

Nazia Ansari
08-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for replying. It's scary and upsetting. I worry for the children that i hope Allah (SWT) will bless me with. Our generation is so confused which leaves few role models for the generation to come. Those who are currently parenting are spoiling their children and encouraging modern mentality. I, myself, am rather modern and i wonder what impact it would have on my children. I can jus about strike the balance between modern day living and following islam, but i falter often and feel the guilt. But will our children be able to balance and if they falter will they realise their error and repent or will they justify it? I always find myself wishing i was born in an earlier generation and sometimes feel without hope living in the here and now.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-15-2009, 09:35 PM
I know how you feel sis! SubhanAllah I always have in my mind that InshaAllah I will raise my children Islamically, but what if I falter somewhere? What if I make mistakes and they see the hypocrisy in my actions and therefore only come to hate Islam? :[

So yea, it is scary sis and so I know where your getting at...InshaAllah we can only do our best and raise them with those values strongly. Instead of running away from the deen, I'd be happier if they correct me where I go wrong :) At least to me I'll know they're holding strongly to Islam IshaAllah. Make lots and lots of du'a sis for yourself, for all of us and for our coming generation InshaAllah.

Your welcome btw :D

:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nazia Ansari
08-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Asalamalaikum. You said that there is little we can do to help others. Thats the truth and one that i despise. Nowadays, people don't want to talk about religion n learn. When a topic about Islam comes up among muslims we see our own people shift in their seats with discomfort. Everyone is for themselves. No unity. No support.

noorseeker
08-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah i agree sisters, i always ask friends where do you see islam in the future, well i live in uk.

The only hope i see is our young generation who Allahamdulillah pray , they will make their kids pray as well, where as our parents barely ever tell us to pray.

I mean look what we get up to, most of us have never not seen our parents pray.

There is a generation growing up who have never seen their parents do a single prayer, what are these kids gonna do

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Yea that's true.

Think of those who knew nothing of Islam growing up but Alhamdulillah Allah(swt) guided them. Yet also there are those who have righteous parents but they themselves are no good...subhanAllah. It's pretty sad. Make loads of du'a for yourself and everyone else InshaAllah.

Misz_Muslimah
08-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Thank Allah that he has blessed us with the religion islam

Nazia Ansari
08-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Yes, Allah (SWT) has blessed us with not only a beautiful religion but a logical one. Yet, WE muslims do not appreciate it. We do not value our heritage! We find reverts having more faith and diligence in Islam. I live in Kenya and even in this country, where the children are not as out of control as in western countries, the younger generation have no idea. There is a cancer that has spread even into the muslim community, and as i type out my concerns, i know that i am terribly flawed. I fear for myself, my children and for my people. I talked about the man who does not fast and sees no sin in it. I spoke to a relative about my concern and disgust at this man's mentality, my relative said to me, 'WHY ARE YOU GETTING SO WORKED UP ON WHETHER THE MAN FASTS.' That's where we've reached, a point where we have to 'mind our own business' even when we see our own stray. There was a time where it was our duty as muslims to guide each other if we stray. Not anymore, not in this selfish world.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.