/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pains in side of head

cat eyes
08-15-2009, 04:07 PM
salaam brothers and sisters
ive been having this problem from the last 2months now. the thing is i havnt been to the doctor because i am afraid of what he might tell me as my grandmother suffered from depression and died from a brain tumour many years back.

ive been getting this pins and needles pain in the side of my brain and it comes and goes but when this pain comes its like my head is gona explode i swear:cry: and it brings me to tears even tho the pain is not that long lasting.

my dad always boasted of how the kids never had any health problems and we were all healthy mashallaah. i am a revert not born muslim.

im hoping that it might be something else. alot went on in this last 8 months it was really tough on me and i took on a lot of stress on my head, also i believe alot envious people around me. i have been having these dreams and all this weird stuff happening. getting missed calls from this girl on my fone whom i don't even know then other people annoying me.. i don't whats going on.

am i being paranoid? plz help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
08-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Asslamu Alikum.

I would go to the doctors. If you do not go, your condition sounds as though it will get worse. Your GP will help you. I would ignore those dreams. If you're getting calls from a stranger, change your phone number.

cat eyes
08-15-2009, 04:41 PM
but a very pious muslim told me the dreams had a meaning.. and he has lot of knowledge.. this is what annoys me more. i only told him because i was close to him anyway thanks brothers for your help. i will make appointment at the doctor inshallaahimsad

cat eyes
08-15-2009, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Wa alaykum salam,

Get yourself to the doctor.

Don't always jump to the most severe case. It could be something totally different, like due to your teeth. I mean, I've had really sharp pains in the side of my head due to my own teeth problems.
i don't have problems with my teeth alpha dude, my teeth are healthy and beautiful mashallaah:p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
08-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Pain in side of head ?. ....... Migraine ?.

mahfuja
08-15-2009, 05:10 PM
insha'Allah it is nothing serious, may the Almighty give you shifaa :)

I remember once in my lectures about migraine they were describing a pain similar to this known as "ice pick" pain ... sounds like what your describing ... people who suffer from this (around 40% of mgraine sufferers) describe it as a sharp knife being peirced through their head ... so it could just be severe migraine? but you should defo get it checked out insha'Allah :)

cat eyes
08-15-2009, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahfuja
insha'Allah it is nothing serious, may the Almighty give you shifaa :)

I remember once in my lectures about migraine they were describing a pain similar to this known as "ice pick" pain ... sounds like what your describing ... people who suffer from this (around 40% of mgraine sufferers) describe it as a sharp knife being peirced through their head ... so it could just be severe migraine? but you should defo get it checked out insha'Allah :)
could it be migraine sis? i honestly don't know i never suffered from migraines in my life and its happening now?imsad

mabe you could be right i will get it checked inshallaah:cry:

mahfuja
08-15-2009, 05:50 PM
whatever it is ... the earlier it is diagnosed the better :) insha'Allah i pray it is something as minor as migraine, but like most people have suggested we cannot diagnose you and strongly recommend you to go to the doctors :)

abu_musab461
08-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I'll open a thread about the daily protective adkhaar we all need to make. insha Allah

جوري
08-15-2009, 07:56 PM
:sl: dear sister
I can tell you with confidence that if you had a malignant brain tumor you'd not be writing your concerns on the forum..
firstly primary malignant brain tumors rapidly spread and universally fatal. People don't survive past one year.. and secondly you'd definitely be having some focal signs to accompany your headaches (most of your cranial nerves with the exception of two preside up there so you'd expect anything from drooping facial, incoherent writing and speech to ataxic gait and everything in between..

There is no good reason for you not to see a doctor, for even if I were to humor you and forget all I know of primary brain tumors especially those in the younger age group and think the worst.. you'd still have a good chance of a cure rate if you treat early then waiting and letting it spiral out of hand..

that being said (as I like to address the worst scenario first) I don't think your diagnosis is all that serious.. could be regular migraines (I've been diagnosed with chronic migraine from a young age) to depression to, panic attacks, to muscle spasms, any number of things, none of them life threatening.. but the question is, don't you want to feel better? the sooner you go the better you'll feel insha'Allah

:w:

cat eyes
08-15-2009, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
:sl: dear sister
I can tell you with confidence that if you had a malignant brain tumor you'd not be writing your concerns on the forum..
firstly primary malignant brain tumors rapidly spread and universally fatal. People don't survive past one year.. and secondly you'd definitely be having some focal signs to accompany your headaches (most of your cranial nerves with the exception of two preside up there so you'd expect anything from drooping facial, incoherent writing and speech to ataxic gait and everything in between..

There is no good reason for you not to see a doctor, for even if I were to humor you and forget all I know of primary brain tumors especially those in the younger age group and think the worst.. you'd still have a good chance of a cure rate if you treat early then waiting and letting it spiral out of hand..

that being said (as I like to address the worst scenario first) I don't think your diagnosis is all that serious.. could be regular migraines (I've been diagnosed with chronic migraine from a young age) to depression to, panic attacks, to muscle spasms, any number of things, none of them life threatening.. but the question is, don't you want to feel better? the sooner you go the better you'll feel insha'Allah

thanks sis for your help and everyone else for replying my post. may Allah reward you all. i have been forgetting little things like where i put things etc i have been reading books to keep my mind motivated you know.

just finished praying and got the pain again. im going straight to doctor 2morow. make dua for me won't you..

i just need the encouragement..and i got it. thanks alot.

جوري
08-15-2009, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
thanks sis for your help and everyone else for replying my post. may Allah reward you all. i have been forgetting little things like where i put things etc i have been reading books to keep my mind motivated you know.

just finished praying and got the pain again. im going straight to doctor 2morow. make dua for me won't you..

i just need the encouragement..and i got it. thanks alot.

khyer insha'Allah...
everyone forgets things.. and folks who suffer from dementia from any cause (aren't actually aware that there is a problem..)
don't obsess about this too much and just have it checked out insha'Allah..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.