/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Natural make-up

overjordiskt
08-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi, I am interested in how woman in the middle-east used to put on make-up, naturally. Is is some kind of ochre? I would like to know in different colours - like black make-up (eyeliner), eye-shadow, what to use to get red lips, rouche and so on, but with pure natural ingredients. How the women used to apply make-up.

If anyone know where to buy this kind of make-up, I would very much appreciate that as well.

I am also interested in where to buy clothing for women or where to buy beautiful fabrics. I would very much appreciate this as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Somaiyah
08-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Salam,
Are you from Sweden? (I am just reading your username here and feel it could be from there). If you are then I can help you with Islamic clothing Internet shops in Sweden.

جوري
08-15-2009, 10:44 PM
I am not sure what ocher means but I have looked it up in the dictionary but for 'natural makeup' then this line only has mineral makeup which is all natural

http://store.bareescentuals.com/comp..._BE_COMPLEXION

also for clothing, this is the most comprehensive list of Islamic or modest clothing on the web which I have compiled on one thread.....

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...-clothing.html

overjordiskt
08-15-2009, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Salam,
Are you from Sweden? (I am just reading your username here and feel it could be from there). If you are then I can help you with Islamic clothing Internet shops in Sweden.
Salam,
Yes, I am from Sweden. Please do. Thank you very much.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
overjordiskt
08-15-2009, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I am not sure what ocher means but I have looked it up in the dictionary but for 'natural makeup' then this line only has mineral makeup which is all natural

http://store.bareescentuals.com/comp..._BE_COMPLEXION

also for clothing, this is the most comprehensive list of Islamic or modest clothing on the web which I have compiled on one thread.....

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...-clothing.html
Thank you so much. I was a little bit more interested in how women in the Egypt/middle-east used to apply make-up, hundreds or thousands years ago.

جوري
08-15-2009, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by overjordiskt
Thank you so much. I was a little bit more interested in how women in the Egypt/middle-east used to apply make-up, hundreds or thousands years ago.

I see.. I don't think I know much about that, except for the use of Kohl...
I am sorry I couldn't be of more help..

:w:

Snowflake
08-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Ochre is a natural powder/paint artist's use.. not sure what it's made of though.. earth.. rocks..? Allahu alim.

But becareful of so-called natural cosmetics in eastern countries.. some actually contain lead. Hashmi eyeliner, a very popular brand, was tested and found to contain lead.

Hamdulillah, a sis I know sells Ithmid (antimony) lead-free eyeliner powder on her website. I ordered some and I can't tell you how much I love this product. It won't even smudge during wudhu and lasts for ages. Bas, you have to try it for yourself lol. :statisfie

You can order it here inshaAllah.. www.healthmeanswealth.co.uk

As for blushed cheeks.. who needs makeup?? Drink plenty of water and eat fresh fruit veg, stir fries, and other nutritious stuff and you'll have a natural blush 24-7.

Same with lips.. forget yukky lipsticks.. use olive oil to keep them nice and soft. To bring out the natural pinkiness of lips, mix a few drops of milk/cream to a tea-spoon of lemon juice and rub gently over lips 2/3 times a day.

For glowing skin in general.. wash face with antibacterial wash.. (or better to wash with gram flour and water paste.. (mildly exfoliating, tightening and cleansing) pat dry and apply olive oil to moisturise. As long as your diet is healthy, your skin will glow! Every 2 days put a couple of drops of essential tea-tree oil on damp cotton wool and cleanse face to kill bacteria. Use sparingly as tree-tea is quiet strong.

Somaiyah
08-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Salam,
Yes, I am from Sweden. Please do. Thank you very much.
Salam,
Guessed so :) I will send you a private message with it inshallah, don't like to spread links in public if I can prevent it.

overjordiskt
08-16-2009, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I see.. I don't think I know much about that, except for the use of Kohl...
I am sorry I couldn't be of more help..

:w:
Thank you anyway. If I do not find what I am looking for is IdBare my choise I guess. Thank you for reminding me of them.

overjordiskt
08-16-2009, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Salam,
Guessed so :) I will send you a private message with it inshallah, don't like to spread links in public if I can prevent it.
Salam,

Tack så mycket för länkarna! Trevligt att kunna tala svenska på ett utländskt forum!

Mvh

overjordiskt
08-16-2009, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Ochre is a natural powder/paint artist's use.. not sure what it's made of though.. earth.. rocks..? Allahu alim.

But becareful of so-called natural cosmetics in eastern countries.. some actually contain lead. Hashmi eyeliner, a very popular brand, was tested and found to contain lead.

Hamdulillah, a sis I know sells Ithmid (antimony) lead-free eyeliner powder on her website. I ordered some and I can't tell you how much I love this product. It won't even smudge during wudhu and lasts for ages. Bas, you have to try it for yourself lol. :statisfie

As for blushed cheeks.. who needs makeup?? Drink plenty of water and eat fresh fruit veg, stir fries, and other nutritious stuff and you'll have a natural blush 24-7.

Same with lips.. forget yukky lipsticks.. use olive oil to keep them nice and soft. To bring out the natural pinkiness of lips, mix a few drops of milk/cream to a tea-spoon of lemon juice and rub gently over lips 2/3 times a day.

For glowing skin in general.. wash face with antibacterial wash.. (or better to wash with gram flour and water paste.. (mildly exfoliating, tightening and cleansing) pat dry and apply olive oil to moisturise. As long as your diet is healthy, your skin will glow! Every 2 days put a couple of drops of essential tea-tree oil on damp cotton wool and cleanse face to kill bacteria. Use sparingly as tree-tea is quiet strong.
Thank you so much. I have to try to translate the ingredients first though haha.

Somaiyah
08-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Salam,

Tack så mycket för länkarna! Trevligt att kunna tala svenska på ett utländskt forum!

Mvh
Salam,
Var så lite så :)

cat eyes
08-30-2009, 03:32 AM

hummm great advice... i never knew much about natural make up but then again i don't wear any make up.. id wear to a wedding only i should try that myself.. did your ever try this natural way by bright reddish lips eat really spicy chicken and you will get the effect for 2 or 3 hours:giggling:

overjordiskt
08-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Haha, good advice.

Snowflake
08-30-2009, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
hummm great advice... i never knew much about natural make up but then again i don't wear any make up.. id wear to a wedding only i should try that myself.. did your ever try this natural way by bright reddish lips eat really spicy chicken and you will get the effect for 2 or 3 hours:giggling:
LOL@eating spicy chicken for red lips ;D

No sis, I've never used this ingenious method to redden my lips (haha you gave me the giggles!) I do know that cinnamon can plump lips, perhaps if you added a lil crushed red chilli to it as well. I'm sure I read somewhere that these are amongst the ingredients cosmetic lip plumpers contain.

There is also a certain type of bark (sakk) very commonly used in Pakistan to clean teeth with. It leaves your lips a dark orange for days. Do you know what I'm talking about? :p

3isha
08-30-2009, 04:18 PM

No sis, I've never used this ingenious method to redden my lips (haha you gave me the giggles!) I do know that cinnamon can plump lips, perhaps if you added a lil crushed red chilli to it as well. I'm sure I read somewhere that these are amongst the ingredients cosmetic lip plumpers contain.

There is also a certain type of bark (sakk) very commonly used in Pakistan to clean teeth with. It leaves your lips a dark orange for days. Do you know what I'm talking about? :p
really sis cinnamons work ? wow i wanna try

and yh i knw that type of bark oh i hateee that orangy colour it leaves

cat eyes
08-30-2009, 10:32 PM

dark orange lol i don't think it would suit me;D

but yeah red chilli really makes my lips more plumped for a while.. but the burning feeling is not so good :giggling:

Hidaya
08-30-2009, 10:52 PM
A popsicle, preferably strawberry or cherry. should also do the trick of leaving your lips red :thumbs_up

syilla
09-01-2009, 05:22 AM
oooo.... just google youtube :) :D

S_87
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hidaya
A popsicle, preferably strawberry or cherry. should also do the trick of leaving your lips red :thumbs_up
or red m&ms/smarties :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.