/* */

PDA

View Full Version : intention for the sake of allah.

AnonymousPoster
08-16-2009, 10:20 AM
How do you know that your intention is for the sake of allah? is there anyway of telling.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abu_musab461
08-16-2009, 11:11 AM
the intention is something formed in the heart, not what is uttered on the tongue, and none except you and Allah (swt) know what is in your heart.

There are some sufi sects who claim that thier scholars or peers know the matter of the heart, but this is a statement of shirk.

So your intention is what ever you intend in your heart.
It is sufficient to think "I want to do such and such"

I think the questioner knows better than the ones being asked how to tell if your intention is sincere, seeing that others dont know your intention let alone the sincerity of the intention.

Even the messenger of Allah (pbuh) did not know peoples intention until Jibreel (as) revealed it to him.

Hence the famous hadith narrated by Umar

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 1, Number 1:

AnonymousPoster
08-16-2009, 11:16 AM
jazakllahu khair. i get what u mean and all, but sometimes you do something that you think is for the sake of allah (eg give dawah), but then you get annoyed when people don't seem to listen. so now the qn arises: if one gets annoyed that people don't listen, then is that persons intention really for the sake of Allah to begin with, because if it was, why should they get angry? why should peoples reaction -good or bad- annoy them if their intention wasn't to please the people to begin with. get me?

i dont mean this just for dawah, i mean it for any other acts of worship. :)

abu_musab461
08-16-2009, 11:19 AM
we should constantly keep our intention in check, it can waver, go up and down, change from good to bad in a split second and it can be affected with the minor shirk- ar-riyya showing off ones deeds, or doing them for the sake of being seen by others.

keep on renewing and purifying ones intention.

insha Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.