/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In need of a lil advise..plz help!

AnonyMouse~
08-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Asalamualaykum,

Okay recently i've been really ready to start wearing the niqab! My parents didn't want it but I decided I don't need to lissen to them if I am doing something right. Now the problem is I am living in America and I wanted to become a pharmacist. But then I came to the conclusion that if I become a pharmacist nobody will hire me. So I decided I would become a dentist since my parents are willing to open me a clinic. Yesterday I was telling my friend/sister who is now going to med school (inshaAllah) about my plan and she said that if you're a niqabi when they interview you, it's most likely that they wont accept you.imsad What do you guys think about this? Any advice??:cry:

JazakAllah Khair
Masalamah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
08-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Wont you have to compromise on your prayers sis,''

I mean if your a dentist, wont you have appointment after apointment

I always wanted to know this, there are some jobs out there which are not compatible with the 5 prayers

mathematician
08-16-2009, 06:02 PM
salamu 'alaykum,

What I would tell you is this. THE MAJORITY (meaning more than half) of the scholars say niqab is optional. So, maybe you can wear the hijab and not wear niqab at work.

AnonyMouse~
08-17-2009, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mathematician
salamu 'alaykum,

What I would tell you is this. THE MAJORITY (meaning more than half) of the scholars say niqab is optional. So, maybe you can wear the hijab and not wear niqab at work.

idk...I always thot women who did that were a lil weird >.<. id be thinkin in my head 'whats the point O.o'. but i guess it cud be an option...jazakAllah khair..but about it being obligatory [i DO NOT want this to turn into an argument about this,i just want an explanation] I was reading a translation the other day and in surah al ahzab ayah 59 says

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And All�h is Ever Oft�Forgiving, Most Merciful."

and also ayah 31 of an-noor..

Maybe you or somebody else could explain that for me? I don't mean to challenge you or anything..I just have limited knowledge lol

jazakAllah khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonyMouse~
08-17-2009, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Wont you have to compromise on your prayers sis,''

I mean if your a dentist, wont you have appointment after apointment

I always wanted to know this, there are some jobs out there which are not compatible with the 5 prayers
Well my dad is willing to open a clinic for me inshaAllah..so ill have ppl who cud take care of stuff while i go to pray etc.

Muslim Woman
08-17-2009, 01:29 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonyMouse~
Asalamualaykum,

...if you're a niqabi when they interview you, it's most likely that they wont accept you.imsad What do you guys think about this? Any advice??:cry:

JazakAllah Khair
Masalamah

If you are qualified but rejected just for niqab , then better to talk to a lawyer or take help from women's organisation.

Ask Allah to grant what is good for you .

Ummu Sufyaan
08-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Asalamualaykum,
wa alaykum us-Salaam
congrats on ur niqaab wearing...:)

hmm i reckon you should go ahead with studying whatever you want, becuase its a takes a good few years to became a qualified dr/dentist, right? so who knows whats going to happen in that time, innit :? anything can happen. maybe you will find that a muslim/muslimah will employ you...just go with it, and when you come to that corner, take it! =)
If you are qualified but rejected just for niqab , then better to talk to a lawyer or take help from women's organisation.
agreed :thumbs_up

and a little naseeha sis, please go to shiekh and ask him about wearing the niqaab when your parents don't allow you to. i just say this because it is forbidden to disobey your parents, except when they tell you to do something haram. so yh go see a sheikh cos you could be disobeying them :)

- IqRa -
08-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Niqaab isn't fardh, so don't make things hard on yourself, sister.

markislam
08-17-2009, 01:12 PM
dont worry about all this sister just go attend the interview you will get it

zakirs
08-17-2009, 02:01 PM
sister if it is really a case that u might not get a seat in university or so may be u can use hijab only for the interview ? .. i am not sure though it was just a suggestion ..

sorry if i am wrong.. anyway all the best :)

AnonyMouse~
08-17-2009, 10:56 PM
JazakAllah Khair...
Almost all the masjids around my area believe the niqab is fardh especially the salafi one and I believed it. But jazakAllah khair to all of you!

penartist
08-18-2009, 12:29 AM
salaam sis!!

Mashallah firstly congratulations on wanting to take the some what difficult step of wearing a niqaab esp in this day and age. I myself am not a niqaabi but i have heard how it has effected others around me. Whether u choose to wear it or not is obviously entirely up to you and if you do choose to do so then have Faith in Allah and make dua and inshallah good will come out of your actions.

Wasalaam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-18-2009, 01:03 AM
:sl:

Maybe you should connect with people that already do it?

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthre...hlight=niqa-be
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthre...0&page=1&pp=40

Hayaa
08-18-2009, 01:27 AM
:sl: MashaAllah sis! I pray that Allah (swt) helps you in overcoming all obstacles that will prevent you from holding on to your noble choice.

Ameen!
take care

AnonyMouse~
08-19-2009, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik
Wow brother that was quite an encouragement! I kinda stopped looking at this thread for a while cuz the first few comments were kinda discouraging! May Allah reward u immensely!

Wasalamwrwb

أبو سليمان عمر
08-19-2009, 06:27 AM
JazakAllah Khair...
Almost all the masjids around my area believe the niqab is fardh especially the salafi one and I believed it. But jazakAllah khair to all of you!
Asalamu Alaykum sis May Allah bless you for this great reply
Ameen ok someone said earlier that the majority of the scholars say it is not fardh well i beg to differ from what i know the correct view say it is Fardh now when i say the correct viem of course i am talking about the scholars who are upon the salaf
The correct view is that a woman is obliged to cover her entire body, even the face and hands. Imam Ahmad said that even the nails of a woman are ‘awrah, and this is also the view of Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on them both). Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
“… It seems that the view of Ahmad is that every part of her is ‘awrah, even her nails, and this is also the view of Maalik.”
(Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/110).
Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
“Allaah commands women to let the jilbaab come down (over their faces) so that they will be known (as respectable women) and not be annoyed or disturbed. This evidence supports the first opinion. ‘Ubaydah al-Salmaani and others stated that the women used to wear the jilbaab coming down from the top of their heads in such a manner that nothing could be seen except their eyes, so that they could see where they were going. It was proven in al-Saheeh that the woman in ihraam is forbidden to wear the niqaab and gloves. This is what proves that the niqaab and gloves were known among women who were not in ihraam. This implies that they covered their faces and hands.”
(Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 15/371-372)
and many of the scholars most of them who are upon the salaf say it is fardh but there is still a diff in opinions
so May Allah make our eman strong and hearts firm Islam Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.