/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this halal ?

mou7ammed
08-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Hello,

I have a little question.

My father is remarried to my stepmother 15 years ago...
When I went on holiday to Morocco and visited her family, I was (excuse my English, I don't know how to put this...) enchanted by her little sister.
I even promised her that I would marry her within a year ...

But after coming back to Belgium and thinking it through, I have to admit doughts took over.

I went to the local Imam to ask him if I could marry her within the laws of Islam.

He answered that this is not the case...
But since I got different answers from different people, I don't know what is right...

Does any1 know the answer to this question with some explanation...

I have to admit I am not a very active muslim. (I mean I fast Ramadan and try to be the best person I can be, but I don't pray daily)

Any help would be deeply appreciated

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-16-2009, 07:08 PM
the Q you are asking is, is it ok to marry your step mother's sister?
I'd be curious to find an answer to that as well.. it seems odd, really odd, but I suppose understandable that you've never seen her before?

hmmmm

mahfuja
08-16-2009, 07:14 PM
salaam

The verse of Sura al-Nisa quoted by you is as follows. Allah Most High says:

“Prohibited to you [for marriage] are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your paternal aunts, your maternal aunts, brother’s daughters, sister’s daughters, your mothers who suckled you, your sisters through suckling, mothers of your wives and your step-daughters under your care who are born of your women with whom you have had intercourse, - though if you have had no intercourse with them, there is no sin on you - , and the wives of your sons from your loins, and that you combine two sisters [in wedlock], except what has passed. Surely, Allah is Most-Forgiving, Very Merciful.” (Qur’an 4/23)

Yusuf Saeed
08-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Before you worry about getting married I suggest you try starting to pray the daily prayers as this is the second most important thing in our deen after shahada and also largely what makes us muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abu_musab461
08-16-2009, 11:59 PM
In fact the salah is what difreciates muslims from none muslims, hence some scholars and the sahabah were of the opinion that to miss one salah even out of laziness makes you a kafir!!

mou7ammed
08-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Thank u very much for your replies.

Have a good Ramadan :statisfie

zakirs
08-27-2009, 06:31 PM
have a good ramadan too bro :)

but be careful about salat make sure you say your prayers.this is the best month you could start with

Faye
08-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Your step-mother's sister is not your mahram by blood, nor by marriage, nor by milk. Your mahrams (the people you can't marry) are the one mentioned in the ayat.

So you can marry her, but you should not have looked at her originally, as she was a non-mahram.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.