/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do Muslim Husbands have the right to starve his wife

TrueStranger
08-16-2009, 08:04 PM
If she refuses to have sex with him. I heard there is a Hadith which says the Angels curse the wife, but does Islam allow the husband to refuse his wife food for saying no to sex?

Row over Afghan wife-starving law

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8204207.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
08-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Greetings,

I think it's likely that this is some kind of cultural practice rather than a teaching of Islam.

The fact that the question even needs to be asked shows that something is deeply wrong. Starving someone is clearly morally repugnant under any circumstances.

Peace

TrueStranger
08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but I'm surprised at how little we Muslims pay attention to Muslims who abuse other Muslims in the name of Islam.

جوري
08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
these are the laws of their new puppet govt. no?
.. I believe it is just a media war, as Afghanistan was the nail in Russia's coffin, soon to be the nail in America's too.. I am not sure afghans have roofs over their head to dream up the luxury of sex or food.

creating this sort of crap either to have foreign powers there for longer or to quell growing ire over their presence there is probably going to blow in the face of all those behind it eventually.. it is just another form of ponzi scheme that doesn't involve money....

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
08-16-2009, 08:39 PM
What kind of bill is this?

جوري
08-16-2009, 08:41 PM
the bill of sex and food :lol:

abu_musab461
08-16-2009, 08:50 PM
It is a shame that a so called "democratic" country is applying such a backward law!

I don't see the US or UK condemning Karzai, rather if this was shariya law and the taliban were applying it- there would have been such an uproar and singing and dancing!

Let's see what the shariya law says about the feeding the wife,

The messenger of Allah (pbuh) said "Whoever puts a morsel of food in his wife's mouth it will be a charity for him"

Also "The best of you is the one who is best to him wives"

This practice of starving the wife for not giving her husband sex is not only from islam but condemned by islam.

There are other methods mentioned in islam, beating and starving the wife is not one of them.

This is why we need an islamic state with scholars incharge and to advice the muslim ummah.

When ever you have a tyrant or non-muslim ruler there will always be these problems.

Islamic Way of Life and the Shariya is a God-Given way of life that is so universal that every nation and every people and culture can live by it and it does not discrimitate between man and woman, black and white, rich and poor.

Shariya is justice.

GuestFellow
08-16-2009, 09:05 PM
So much for democracy and getting rid of tyrants.

Santoku
08-16-2009, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
I don't see the US or UK condemning Karzai, rather if this was shariya law and the taliban were applying it- there would have been such an uproar and singing and dancing!
This story is a few months old, and if you had been paying attention there was a fuss made about this.
Apparently this law was put forward to placate the extremely conservative Shias in the North and West of the country.

abu_musab461
08-16-2009, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
So much for democracy and getting rid of tyrants.
Its normal for the US to replace tyrants with puppet-tyrants.

Saddam with Noor Maliki,

basically they never want to see the shariya (Law of Allah) governing this eart that belongs to Allah.

abu_musab461
08-16-2009, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
This story is a few months old, and if you had been paying attention there was a fuss made about this.
Apparently this law was put forward to placate the extremely conservative Shias in the North and West of the country.
Nothing in comparison to if Taliban had applied it.

أبو سليمان عمر
08-16-2009, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
If she refuses to have sex with him. I heard there is a Hadith which says the Angels curse the wife,
yes very true she should refuse this to her husband with out a very good reason eg she is ill or on period etc It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a man calls his wife to his bed, and she refuses to come, the angels curse her until morning comes.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3065; Muslim, 1436.
but does Islam allow the husband to refuse his wife food for saying no to sex?
NO read this
Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] said:

She must obey him if he asks her to come to his bed, and that is obligatory upon her. If she refuses to come to his bed, she is a defiant sinner… as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance)”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

al-Fataawa al-Islamiyyah, 3/145, 146
So alhumdulillah for islam there is a way for everything no where does it say starve her first admonish them if that dont work then refuse to share their beds and if that dont work beat them (lightly, if it is useful) then look at this if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance)”
So ALHUMDULILLAH

Row over Afghan wife-starving law

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8204207.stm
AS for this no need to share show etc we dont Judge islam on how muslims are we judge muslim according to islam

abu_musab461
08-16-2009, 11:29 PM
There are many things people do based on culture but has no place in islam.

Like forced marriage.

No offense but Jewish gays, or christian pedophiles. Its just the crimes people commit- nothing to do with religaion.

cat eyes
08-17-2009, 01:08 PM
can i also mention the prophet mohammad pbuh said that you have to approach your wife in the right manner if you want to have sex with her. you have to get her mentally prepared for it in other words get her in the mood for it if then she refuses to have sex after her husband doing all the right things in getting her prepared for it then thats when the angels curse because she is teasing her husband.

because some men just jump on there wives and expect her to fufil his needs straight away but thats just not the case at all, she has every right to refuse in this case because you didn't mentally prepare her for it and i know many brothers will laugh now reading this ;D but women are different from men and i am simply reading everything from the hadiths:statisfie

starving your wife is haram and don't know where you heard that from

Muezzin
08-17-2009, 01:36 PM
This law has no basis in Islam. So no, Muslim husbands do not have the right to starve their wives.

Apparently, this law would only apply to Shia citizens, but I have no idea if this is a part of Shi'ite teachings or not.

abu_musab461
08-17-2009, 01:44 PM
if woman went to hell fire for not feeding her cat or allowing it to hunt for its self (thus it died), what about the one who starves his wife?

cat eyes
08-17-2009, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
if woman went to hell fire for not feeding her cat or allowing it to hunt for its self (thus it died), what about the one who starves his wife?
i suppose he will go to the lowest rank of hell :D

abu_musab461
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
maybe not the lowest, but even the highest and the least place of punishment is too severe for any of us to imagine and is suffient

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.