/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Trip To Macca

Danah
08-17-2009, 05:56 PM
:sl:

I would like to share this experience with all of you:

here is the outsider area before entering the area where the Ka'bah is and they keep building more and more just to make it wider for the increasing numbers of people who come every year

here is the center of the masjid al haram....its an amzing feeling being there subhanAllah

and here is where we have to do the Safa and Marwa walking (7 times) Like what Hajir the wife of the prophet Ibrahim (Ibraham) peace be upon him did

Have you ever come so close to Ka'bah like this?

I still cant believe that I took this picture, it was soo crowded there but subhanAllah I did it at the end. Even though, that crowd was nothing compared to Ramadan or the time of Hajj...people rows reach the streets subhanAllah

May Allah grant every Muslim to go there and May Allah preserve this Deen until the last hour

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Masha'Allah.. how amazing.. may Allah swt grant me a hajj from his generosity ...

thanks so much for sharing..
what are you allowed to have on you in Makkah? can you carry a purse with money and such? if so where do you put it, while performing rituals and making prayers?

:w:

Danah
08-17-2009, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Masha'Allah.. how amazing.. may Allah swt grant me a hajj from his generosity ...

thanks so much for sharing..
what are you allowed to have on you in Makkah? can you carry a purse with money and such? if so where do you put it, while performing rituals and making prayers?

Ameen to your duaa

your welcome dear
yeah you can carry purse with money and anything you want like water or mobile, when you pray you can put it near you or in your pocket if it was small.....

they security there dont allowed food to enter the masjed and they do check any bag you carry with you before entering

ژاله
Mashallah sis Danah amazing pictures. i hope i go there someday inshallah. :cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
btw, do you have a picture of maqam ibrahim (AS)

I have a zillion perfume, but one of my favs is shaped after maqam ibrahim, I imagine it to smell like that in real life

it is earthy smelling with a hint of dignified rose, and I say that because it is very difficult to get a decent rose scent, I think the best I have come across is this one

stella rose absolute .. though if you can believe it with all that publicity still pales to the Misk Al Harmain..

sorry for the digression.. but does makkah have a scent?

Beblessed
08-17-2009, 06:42 PM
these picture gives me memories when i was there back in 3 years in ramadan time subhanAllaah i love to go back again.
this ramadan will b 3 years allready, time is goin fast!

Bub
08-17-2009, 06:43 PM
MashaAllah! Thanks for sharing with ur beauty pictures. I went to there for 3rd times in my youth times. I want to go there again this dec inshaAllah! So i better save up! I thought digital camera is not allowed in there?? *confused* when i went to there, i had a beauty feelings and peace inside me, didnt u felt the same? peace

Danah
08-17-2009, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
btw, do you have a picture of maqam ibrahim (AS)

I have a zillion perfume, but one of my favs is shaped after maqam ibrahim, I imagine it to smell like that in real life

it is earthy smelling with a hint of dignified rose, and I say that because it is very difficult to get a decent rose scent,
Gosh!!! I dont have the guts to take a pic of Maqam Ibrahim.....If you see the crowed of people around the Kabah and around the maqam you will know what I mean
we barely could go and see it :phew what if I stand a little longer to take a photo I will be under the feets :exhausted :skeleton:

I think the best I have come across is this one

stella rose absolute .. though if you can believe it with all that publicity still pales to the Misk Al Harmain..
Oh stella is not that perfect, I got the whole collection of it as a gift and I did'nt like it that much "the one I have is different than the pic". I think I have came cross Misk Al Harmain...I think its with one of my family members and it does smill very nice

sorry for the digression.. but does makkah have a scent?

and No, there is no scent for Makkah but they always use the pure original Oud and Misk to put on the Kabah and the prayers area

جوري
08-17-2009, 06:47 PM
every time I tried to make umra or hajj something came up.. sob7an Allah.. the first time, I had all my clothes and we were set to go, my aunt was living in Jeddah at the time while we in Riyadh, we went to visit her to make umra into hajj with her, but she apparently had been hospitalized after suffering a miscarriage, and was really in bad shape that neither she nor her husband had told us of the detail...

I have been really longing to go there...

Beardo
08-17-2009, 06:51 PM
I thought they don't allow pictures. Guess I was wrong!

Well, Jazakallah for sharing! May Allah Ta'ala grant us all the same opportunity. Ameen!

جوري
08-17-2009, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Gosh!!! I dont have the guts to take a pic of Maqam Ibrahim.....If you see the crowed of people around the Kabah and around the maqam you will know what I mean
we barely could go and see it :phew what if I stand a little longer to take a photo I will be under the feets :exhausted :skeleton:
yeah, I know what you mean.. I hope they expand the mosque insha'Allah to accommodate more people ...

Oh stella is not that perfect, I got the whole collection of it as a gift and I did'nt like it that much "the one I have is different than the pic". I think I have came cross Misk Al Harmain...I think its with one of my family members and it does smill very nice
Yeah stella isn't great, I like rose scents, I have been out to collect (well actually I collect all) but it is slightly better than the

unless you have distilled real rose, I think they all smell synthetic and unnatural.. Misk al harmain isn't so spectacular at first dab .. but when you let it set a while, the deeper notes unravel and it is positively heavenly....

I was really under the impression that Makkah had a scent, deep and mysterious as old as history itself...:)

and No, there is no scent for Makkah but they always use the pure original Oud and Misk to put on the Kabah and the prayers area[/QUOTE]

al Amaanah
08-17-2009, 09:05 PM
:salamext:

memories.. :cry: Allahomma ameen to ur do3aa2 and jazaaki Allaho khairan for sharing.

mahfuja
08-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Subhan'Allah sis :) those pictures are so breathtaking. May the Almighty accept your Hajj and bless you in abundance. May He give us all a chance to see this blessed place :)

cat eyes
08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
have you got any more pictures?:statisfie

mahfuja
08-17-2009, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
ahh sis i cant reply to your msg because im still a newbie :P ... insha'Allah you're well :)

Danah
08-17-2009, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz

Well, Jazakallah for sharing! May Allah Ta'ala grant us all the same opportunity. Ameen!
I thought so as well, thats why I did not take my Digital Camera, but when I went there I saw everyone took photos so I used my mobile. Ameen to your duaa

format_quote Originally Posted by mahfuja
Subhan'Allah sis :) those pictures are so breathtaking. May the Almighty accept your Hajj and bless you in abundance. May He give us all a chance to see this blessed place :)
Ameen, jazak Allah khair for your duaa

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
inshaAllah will upload some more tomorrow when I have the chance :)

glo
08-18-2009, 05:25 AM
Those are amazing pictures, Danah. Thanks for sharing!

syilla
08-18-2009, 06:01 AM
i think you can use the digital camera... but not the other type of camera... i can't r emember what the name...

Danah
08-18-2009, 09:42 AM
^ I saw many people there brought their digital cameras, is there really a restriction over the type of camera we can use?!

Danah
08-18-2009, 09:56 AM
^ then how come scholars there saw people taking photos and didn't say anything?
And how come the security scattered on all doors check bags and allow camera holders to enter?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-18-2009, 09:59 AM
beautiful stuff sis Daanah. am loving the haram :statisfie :D

Ummu Sufyaan
08-18-2009, 10:02 AM
^ then how come scholars there saw people taking photos and didn't say anything?
And how come the security scattered on all doors check bags and allow camera holders to enter?
because they're arabs :p ;D

Danah
08-18-2009, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
When I said it's not allowed, I said it because of the signs that are dotted everywhere saying "No photography allowed". Or something like that.
Oh I am sorry, I misunderstood you!
but brother, I did not see any signs forbiding photography there! and its really strange that they have signs there while the security don't say anything for camera holders there! even the organizers there (men & women) dont say anything about it!!
isn't it strange!!

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed

because they're arabs :p ;D
lol do you think so? :giggling:

I dont think that any person will be there and resist his/her desire to take photo, it cant help, its another part of the world :cry:

Afg
08-18-2009, 11:41 AM
:sl: MashaAllah its beautiful. It looks modern though :D. Jazak Allahu khayr for sharing.

Pk_#2
08-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Lovely pictures sis, brings back memories! MashaAllaah! Next time I go I'll actually do the pilgrimage inshaAllaah and not just sit there *sigh*

format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
No, you're correct, when my rents tried taking pics, the SG's were going to break the camera, then some other guy stopped them or something and we got away with it,

But I guess now you have phones you can sneakily take a few shots, back then hardly anyone had mobiles, it was far more difficult!

By the way, I thought taking pics of building was ok?

Anymore pics?

Danah
08-18-2009, 11:50 AM
here you are sis cat eyes and sis PK_#2

format_quote Originally Posted by Afg
:sl: MashaAllah its beautiful. It looks modern though :D. Jazak Allahu khayr for sharing.
its very modern there.....everything is very high level :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2

No, you're correct, when my rents tried taking pics, the SG's were going to break the camera, then some other guy stopped them or something and we got away with it,

But I guess now you have phones you can sneakily take a few shots, back then hardly anyone had mobiles, it was far more difficult!

maybe they changed the rules, because I saw many people holding a "big" digital cameras and taking pic in a very open place that anyone can see them :)

Pk_#2
08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Really Danah?

They never really used to check inside the bag unless they felt something sharp, so you can easily take a camera with you, but we went in 06, I only remember a little,

When my rents went without us, apparently the security was more strict,

I'll ask my dad how it was, he went most recently, he went alone and didn't stay long though.

Danah
08-18-2009, 11:58 AM
^ no dear PK

they checked every single bag

Pk_#2
08-18-2009, 12:00 PM
^ no dear PK

they checked every single bag
What fo real? I guess it's a good thing, we wouldn't want anyone destroying the holy places.

So how much do they get paid dear Danah? :p I wana check random people's bags! ;D

Danah
08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
^ :giggling:
ARE U FOR REAL !!!!

go and check yourself :giggling:

Pk_#2
08-18-2009, 12:05 PM
^ :giggling:
ARE U FOR REAL !!!!

go and check yourself :giggling:
Yes really ;D

I will next time I go inshaAllaah, Ima tag along with JJ on her honeymoon and annoy the crap outta her hehe. That's what little sisters are for innay?

sirajstc
08-28-2009, 12:05 PM
masha allah so nice :)

- IqRa -
08-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh WOW! MashaAllaah amazing pics! Bring back memories... :cry:

Insaanah
01-24-2011, 06:18 PM

Beautiful pics, Danah, jazaakiAllah khayr for sharing.

May Allah bless us all with opportunities to perform accepted Umrahs and Hajjs, ameen.

thats why I did not take my Digital Camera, but when I went there I saw everyone took photos so I used my mobile
In Masjid al-Nabawiy, mobiles aren't allowed in. Once your bag is searched and they see your mobile, they direct you to a side office. Here, they have a log book where they write down your name, make of your mobile etc, and then they put it in a locked cubbyhole that has a number, and they give you a card with the same number. Now you can go into the masjid. On your way out, you go into that office, give them the card, they give you your phone and get you to sign to say you received it.

I don't know if it was the same for cameras though.

And, I don't know if they did the same at the men's entrances. Allahu a3lam.

Danah
01-24-2011, 08:01 PM
^ they search bags in masjid an-nabawi because the women section is separated from men section so to preserve the privacy and safty of women there and since they can take off their faces' veils and even Abaayaa if they want, they don't allow any mobile with camera to enter. On the other hand, mobiles without camera are allowed. As for men, they can take camera with them it's okay.

Before you enter the internal prayers area there is a huge area outside where you can still pray but it's not private as the internal areas. In this area there is no problem in carrying mobiles with camera or digital cameras. I took some photos of the masjid an-nabawi from there, you may check the pictures here in my website under the category of Islam:
www.capturedpearls.webs.com

P.S thanks for bringing back the old memories and bump this thread again :)

Asiyah3
01-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Masha'Allah! The Masjid al-haram is so beautiful and the ka'bah truly breathtaking, SubhaanAllah. Thank you so much for sharing these photos sis. May Allah accept it from you.

Issa Abdullah
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Mashallah sister great pictures.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.