/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bad Breath :exhausted

Duhaa786M
08-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Assalamu-alaykum...
can you guys please give me some advise on this problem I suffer from bad breath. Its so very terrible can you please helpme.+o(

Jazakallah, wassalaam:p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abu_musab461
08-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Advice

You can also find gels for the tongue these days like "Tung Gel" is one brand and it may be used while scraping. I've only used that in the non-fasting hours because of accidental but frequent swallowing.

That's not the only reason per se. It also depends on what is consumed. For example, dairy, meat (esp. lamb), poultry, fish, onions, garlic (esp. raw) have the strongest and most lasting of odors even after brushing; it may very well remain for hours. So t's a good idea to be mindful of what and how much of these things we consume. It's really khushoo-breaking when a whole lane of people can smell what someone had for suhoor as well as iftaar when we're praying...

You know, vegetarians and vegans really don't generally have to worry about these things or even B.O. as much as omnivores and carnivores do.

Honestly, toothpaste, and mouth washes only technically mask a person's breath, it doesn't treat halitosis. GERD can also sometimes lead to it due to the excessive burping and refluxes which brings up acids from the stomach.

Also, if someone brushes several times, but doesn't eat for many hours AND/OR doesn't drink enough water, this will lead to bad breath without a doubt, even if you aren't fasting. When you have a dry mouth because of this, the bacteria,etc. won't get flushed out down the person's mouth. This is just another good reason to not skip suhoor.

abu_musab461
08-17-2009, 08:38 PM
bad breath is simply caused by the bacteria on our tongues. so maybe we should brush out tongues too. (not too harshly dont want to kill the poor taste buds)

another reason why people wake up with bad breath in the morning is because the bacteria in our mouth respire anaerobically (without oxygen) thus producing suphar dioxide or other sulphar waste products which is a smelly gas.

Salahudeen
08-17-2009, 10:09 PM
oh man this reminds me of last ramadhan in taraweah, the man next to me did such a bad daal burp when coming up from Ruku and it went up my nose :( I still remember it :(

hmm try getting tongue scraper for bad breath, I had this issue to and it was because I used to breathe with my mouth open all the time, this would cause my mouth to become dried out and make my breath smell.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
oh man this reminds me of last ramadhan in taraweah, the man next to me did such a bad daal burp when coming up from Ruku and it went up my nose :( I still remember it :(

hmm try getting tongue scraper for bad breath, I had this issue to and it was because I used to breathe with my mouth open all the time, this would cause my mouth to become dried out and make my breath smell.
Oh man, don't even remind me. It's sickening. I had a whole post on it on my blog I think. It really needs to be controlled. Don't overeat people! Just eat as much as you need to until you are satisfied, then eat again after Taraweeh if you must.

GuestFellow
08-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Use mouthwash. If that doesn't work go to the doctors. I know someone who had bad breath and he had to go to the doctors to get treatment...

UmmHasan
08-17-2009, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Use mouthwash. If that doesn't work go to the doctors. I know someone who had bad breath and he had to go to the doctors to get treatment...
Yup... I would say mouthwash. I use crest...it doesnt have alcohol.

Ar-RaYYan
08-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Use gum

Blackpool
08-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Mouthwash is great for getting rid of bad breath. It kills the bacteria that produce bad breath. If you smoke then QUIT.

nebula
08-18-2009, 01:07 AM
dont open your mouth problem solved :shade: lol

You could buy this aquafresh toothbrush it has a tounge cleaning thing at the back and its pretty good, i use it myself

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-18-2009, 01:14 AM
All these tips are useless LOL! For me at least. I think it has to do with something inside the body...not so much from smells from food or bacteria on the tongue. I always brush my tongue, use motuhwash, miswaak, whatever! It's still there! I've been trying to drink a lot of water cuz that might be it, but i get thirstier and its still tehre! bah.

جوري
08-18-2009, 01:31 AM
try the body mint..

but don't expect it to work over night, it will take up to 4 weeks and will discolor your stool (benign side affect)

but actually the brushing your tongue advise is excellent and very sound..

:w:

جوري
08-18-2009, 01:36 AM

lol that is just disgusting, but I can top your story..
I was on this swing when I was a kid and got really dizzy because my friend kept pushing me in the most nauseating manner, so I vomited right then and there, then these bunch of pigeons came to eat my vomit..seeing them I vomited again and more pigeons came... I swear just thinking about it again makes me want to retch all over again.. it was one of the most disgusting thing I'd ever lived through (and I have lived through some pretty disgusting things in my days) I guess it was the woozy feeling that accompanied the visual that really makes that on top of my list of the worst moments ever...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-18-2009, 02:27 AM
^^ LOL omg i cracked up SOOO BAD! ;D That's disgusting for sure, but hilarious :p

Btw brushing my tongue is the closest i can get to getting rid of it...but it does come back. I still think it's due to lack of water...and sometimes my mouth is open at night cuz i cant breathe properly :/

syilla
08-18-2009, 02:51 AM
bad breath sometimes is a symptom of other illness for example maybe you have a heart problem and etc

Try to have a good habit...it'll take time to really get rid of it.

1. Everytime you brush your teeth...brush your tongue to and don't worry about vomitting...coz it is good to get rid all the unneccessary phlegm.

2. Brush your teeth everytime you want to perform salah.

3. It is good to use a mild mouth wash after every teeth brushing.

4. Keeps a mint mouth freshener or mint gum in your pocket...so every time you need to talk to people just put it inside your mouth.

5. Avoid all kinds of food that will lead to bad breath example sardine, tuna, onions, garlics,

6. And guggle guggle guggle or is it gurgle? :hiding:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Umm ok I'll try that InshaAllah...specially the garlic bit ;) I remember i started drinking skim milk everyday, like twice a today and it wasn't as bad..so i should try that too...

Heart problem? I hope not! :hmm:

Do you mean gargle sis? lol

Cabdullahi
08-18-2009, 04:38 AM
what's up with you guys everyone's got bad breath is it like the latest trend
?

syilla
08-18-2009, 05:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Umm ok I'll try that InshaAllah...specially the garlic bit ;) I remember i started drinking skim milk everyday, like twice a today and it wasn't as bad..so i should try that too...

Heart problem? I hope not! :hmm:

Do you mean gargle sis? lol
Garlic is suppose to be good for you...but i suggest to take the pills for supplements :statisfie

Milk should be good for the ladies. :D

here are the lists for the bad breath symptoms... (but don't diagnose yourself and please refer to the docs :p)
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sympto...tom-search.htm

Duhaa786M
08-18-2009, 06:45 AM
alright jazakallah-hu-khair to all for the help! may allah reward you all insha-allah, will try it out and let you know.

Duhaa786M
08-18-2009, 06:48 AM

baaaaaaaaaaaaaad manners!

hohoho!!!!;D really made me luagh with that one! does'nt it remind you of baba ali?

Blackpool
08-18-2009, 02:03 PM
You need to see a doctor :/ There is a lad I once knew. His breath stunk as it was something to do with his insides. He had a very short life expectancy because of it...

Muhaba
08-18-2009, 02:31 PM
i heard someone say toothpaste can make you have bad breath. i'd say switch to miswak. no toothbrush & no toothpaste. if that doesn't work, see a doctor, in case you have some stomach problem or something. i think ameobiasis can make you get bad breath, not sure though.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-18-2009, 02:33 PM
You guys are scaring the crud out of me lol.

Abu Sukkar
08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
The great scholar Ibn al-Qayyim mentioned the numerous benefits of using the siwak (miswak) in his Prophetic Medicine, and said that it was a commonly-used and recommended act by the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi sasallam).

"If it were not that I would make it difficult for my community, I would order them to use the siwak before every time of prayer." (Bukhari, Jumu'a, 8).

"It is a means of purifying the mouth, pleasing to the Lord." (Bukhari, Sawm, 27).

Ibn al-Qayyim said that the best kind of siwak was made from the wood of the arak (Salvadora persica) tree and similar woods, and should not be made from an unknown tree, as it may be poisonous. He also said that the best way to use the siwak was moistened with rose water.

The great scholar said that the siwak should be used in moderation, and mentioned some of its benefits as:

Purifies the mouth
Cleanses the teeth
Strengthens the gums
Prevents cavities
Sweetens the breath
Cleanses the brain
Creates appetite for food
Assists in digestion of food
Clears eyesight
Provides energy

Ibn al-Qayyim recommended the use of the siwak at all times, at times of prayer and for ablution, on awakening from sleep, when the odor of the mouth had changed, and for a person fasting or breaking the fast.

Blackpool
08-18-2009, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
You guys are scaring the crud out of me lol.
I wouldn't worry about it. His illness was detected when he was born. Yours will be a bacteria source, which high proteins contribute to the bad breath.

Have a read..
http://www.animated-teeth.com/bad_br..._halitosis.htm

Salahudeen
08-18-2009, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
lol that is just disgusting, but I can top your story..
I was on this swing when I was a kid and got really dizzy because my friend kept pushing me in the most nauseating manner, so I vomited right then and there, then these bunch of pigeons came to eat my vomit..seeing them I vomited again and more pigeons came... I swear just thinking about it again makes me want to retch all over again.. it was one of the most disgusting thing I'd ever lived through (and I have lived through some pretty disgusting things in my days) I guess it was the woozy feeling that accompanied the visual that really makes that on top of my list of the worst moments ever...

And there was me thinking "Yeah right as if he can top my story" you win by miles :hmm: when the daal burp went up my nose I pretended to have an itch on my nose and held it shut so tightly that the tip went red. LOL I held it shut all the way down to sajdah till the time came to put both hands on the floor. As I was holding it shut I was scratching it at the same time so I didn't offend the brother next 2 me by pretending it was an itch LOL.

جوري
08-18-2009, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
You need to see a doctor :/ There is a lad I once knew. His breath stunk as it was something to do with his insides. He had a very short life expectancy because of it...

The lad probably aspirated (anerobes) in a drunken fit into his lungs, giving himself an abscess and sepsis.. or if he was born with it-- then he probably had cystic fibrosis ...

I doubt that is the case here ... I don't think it is wise to scare people up a storm, because of one case..

all the best

aadil77
08-18-2009, 06:03 PM
And there was me thinking "Yeah right as if he can top my story" you win by miles :hmm: when the daal burp went up my nose I pretended to have an itch on my nose and held it shut so tightly that the tip went red. LOL I held it shut all the way down to sajdah till the time came to put both hands on the floor. As I was holding it shut I was scratching it at the same time so I didn't offend the brother next 2 me by pretending it was an itch LOL.
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

how do u know it was a daal burp?;D

last ramzan in taraweh, i have this mate who's always complaining about asians and some muslims so lucky for him he was next to this man who just let one rip right next to his face and stunk up atleast a metre radius, I couldn't stop cracking up I nearly broke my salah nd my litle bro was right next to me so it was even harder, I think I had my hand on my face for the first rakat

this guy is quite a peaceful kind of person but afterwards he was like 'i felt like punching him' ;D

aadil77
08-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't know if they still sell these

trebors strong mints would kill your bad breath, but just found out they're haram

Salahudeen
08-20-2009, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

how do u know it was a daal burp?;D

last ramzan in taraweh, i have this mate who's always complaining about asians and some muslims so lucky for him he was next to this man who just let one rip right next to his face and stunk up atleast a metre radius, I couldn't stop cracking up I nearly broke my salah nd my litle bro was right next to me so it was even harder, I think I had my hand on my face for the first rakat

this guy is quite a peaceful kind of person but afterwards he was like 'i felt like punching him' ;D
LOL man what a big fitna in salah, it's like when the brother next to you has masssive toe nails and you go into ruku and you can't help but notice his huge toe nail. imsad

جوري
08-20-2009, 02:09 AM
rofl.. this thread is frikin hilarious.. what goes on during congregational prayer?.. burpin, fartin, pokin with reptile nails.. ah man...

astghfor Allah..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 02:20 AM
^^Lol sad but true! :hmm:

nebula
08-20-2009, 02:26 AM
lol! this thread is too funny...

you know usually when i pray in congregation, the imam says fill the gaps dnt leave any space for shaytaan... so i align my feet next to the other person next to me, so that no gap is left, but the other person usually keeps moving his foot away from mine every time lol..! SO ANNOYING ur supposed to fill the gaps!! :hiding:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 02:30 AM
lol silly people. He prolly thinks u need room or he needs it...or just not listening!

جوري
08-20-2009, 02:38 AM
I thought all those things above invalidate prayer?.. and it is really downright disgusting.. astaghfor Allah.. one tries to put on their best garment and perfume when making salat and these folks are offending other people and making mockery of the sanctity of prayer.. how bizarre...

Salahudeen
08-20-2009, 02:49 AM
I know, like smelly socks :raging:

the toe to toe thing is anoying, you end up doing the splits sometimes cos the other person keeps moving playing keep away with his feet :raging:

I shoo them with my hand towards me ;D

nebula
08-20-2009, 03:00 AM
^lol, yeah bro sometimes both people on the left and right hand side keep moving away and its like doing splits! sometimes it makes you lose your balance when ur standing for prayer.

aadil77
08-20-2009, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
lol! this thread is too funny...

you know usually when i pray in congregation, the imam says fill the gaps dnt leave any space for shaytaan... so i align my feet next to the other person next to me, so that no gap is left, but the other person usually keeps moving his foot away from mine every time lol..! SO ANNOYING ur supposed to fill the gaps!! :hiding:
bro I'd do the same if you wre touchin my feet lol

I've never understood this, I thought shaytaan can pray anyway where ever he wants, people tell me to fold over my prayer mat if I'm not using it but I'm sure shaytan could pray anywer else if he wanted

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Ahh my mom tells me to fold my mat too when I'm not using it...but the corner :? Does anyone do that. I'm not sure if it's right but it's just a habit now :hmm:

UmmHasan
08-21-2009, 03:13 AM
^^^ lol same here
sounds typically pakistani! :p

Salahudeen
08-21-2009, 03:43 AM
well folding the prayer mat I don't think there's any basis for, but the toe to toe shoulder to shoulder thing there's hadiths where the prophet pbuh said to do it, so the shaytaan doesn't stand between you.

I rememember watching dr zakir naik, and he said the understanding of this hadith is, not that an actual physical shaytaan stands between you, what is meant by pray toe to toe, is so that the shaytaan of racism doesn't come between you.

for example some people might think, he's black I don't wanna put my feet next to his, or he's asian I don't wanna touch him. When you pray toe to toe and shoulder to shoulder no such thoughts come.

And also the rows look more preetier this way lol I've been in masjid's where they don't do this and the rows look not nice, big gaps between people they may as well be praying individually and not with jamaat that's how much room they leave between shoulders and feet. And you get some people ruining the line by standing really forward :(

I think it looks cool when every 1s toe to toe and there's no penetrational gaps, it reminds me of a solid structure and then I always think of this verse for some reason

"Surely Allah loves those who fight in His cause in ranks as if they were a unpenetrational structure".
[As-Saff, 61: 4]

don't know why that verse comes to mind lol

about folding the prayer mat. why would shaytaan read salah?? lol

aadil77
08-21-2009, 07:38 AM

I don't know thats why I've stopped with the mat folding

north_malaysian
08-21-2009, 07:49 AM
oh man this reminds me of last ramadhan in taraweah, the man next to me did such a bad daal burp when coming up from Ruku and it went up my nose :( I still remember it :(.
it's not as ugly as those who were burping with durian's smell...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-21-2009, 01:26 PM

Ha! I asked my mom the same thing lol! I'm like mom...why would shaytaan be praying?

Snowflake
08-21-2009, 01:39 PM
LOL hilarious thread! ;D

..and also if the shaytaan 'prayed' on prayer mats why don't they roll up the carpets in the mosques? lool silly superstition

nebula
08-21-2009, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I don't know thats why I've stopped with the mat folding
bro the matt folding is a paki thing...

but filling the gaps in jammat is in hadeeth

Duhaa786M
08-22-2009, 08:22 PM
:sl: this does'nt have any thing to do with traditions and so on, The reason for folding the prayer mat is because, you use it for reading salaah, So you should have respect for it, fold it when you finish and keep it clean.:p

Duhaa786M
08-22-2009, 08:25 PM
By da way I tought this thread was for bad breath now what's going on here???:hmm: Folding prayer mats and paki things? :ooh:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-22-2009, 09:25 PM
^^ The folding I happen to be talking about is folding the corner of the prayer mat....not the whole thing...:p

Yea it went sort of on a tangent...:-[

true believer
08-25-2009, 11:33 PM
floss....eat less strong dour foods....use more mints...hot gums...and other things i cant remember...gum really helps tho...strong gum :)

zakirs
08-25-2009, 11:43 PM
oh man this reminds me of last ramadhan in taraweah, the man next to me did such a bad daal burp when coming up from ruku and it went up my nose i still remember it
lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.