/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

glo
08-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Can I ask you to pray for me?

I had a tooth extracted last Wednesday. It was quite a traumatic ordeal and took 40 minutes of pulling to finally come out!

Today, 6 days later I am still in pain.
I finally plucked up the courage to phone the dentist, and I am going back this evening.

To be honest, I am terrified!
Caught between ongoing pain and another dentist visit I know that the latter is the better option. But the mere thought of lying back in that chair with my mouth open, and possibly more probing and prodding with sharp implements ... :exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
08-18-2009, 07:12 AM
I feel your pain aunty glo...i hate the dentist i do whatever it takes to avoid them......allah willingly your pain will ease,that your dentist will be a woman because they can only be gentle.....and last but not least equipment that has foam and sponge covering the sharp edges im joking thats never going to happen

but i hope it goes well inshallah

- IqRa -
08-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Aww glo! Sorry to hear that! I pray Allaah heals you ASAP, Ameen.

glo
08-18-2009, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
I feel your pain aunty glo...i hate the dentist i do whatever it takes to avoid them......allah willingly your pain will ease,that your dentist will be a woman because they can only be gentle
My dentist is a woman - a petite friendly woman from Hungary with crinkly smiley eyes ... but last Wednesday she was anything but gentle!

We came out of the dentist room like two fighters after a sparring session - she was rubbing her painful arm, me with my hair was all over the place and a swollen mouth!
(We must have been quite a sight ... ;D)
.....and last but not least equipment that has foam and sponge covering the sharp edges im joking thats never going to happen

but i hope it goes well inshallah
Yes, somebody should invent those!

Thank you for your prayers and for your humour. Both are much appreciated!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
08-18-2009, 08:44 AM
did she forget to use anesthetics, lol probably don't have them over in hungary

Santoku
08-18-2009, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
did she forget to use anesthetics, lol probably don't have them over in hungary
Mt curret dentist is a Pole - she says that over therethe treatment is for free but anasthetics have to be paid for.

You have my sympathies, in my teens I had a veery bad dentist, apparently they were/are paid by the procedure and in those days if the dentist said you needed a fillng you did not argue. I went from three fillings in my mouth to three a visit.

My mouth is still giving me trouble forty years later.

glo
08-18-2009, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
You have my sympathies, in my teens I had a veery bad dentist, apparently they were/are paid by the procedure and in those days if the dentist said you needed a fillng you did not argue. I went from three fillings in my mouth to three a visit.

My mouth is still giving me trouble forty years later.
Yep, my story is similar to yours, Santoku.

Anyway, I am off to the dentist shortly ... :phew

glo
08-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Well, I am back from the dentist - with a extraction site filled with iodine (Tastes very bad! yuk! +o() and a prescription for antibiotics.

My dentist told me off for not coming back sooner ... :embarrass

I'm glad I went. Just hoping that the antibiotics will kick in soon.

Thanks to all who have held me in their thoughts and prayers. :)

Cabdullahi
08-18-2009, 07:50 PM
oh your back!.....glad it went well

Hafswa
08-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Hope you're feeling better now Glo.

glo
08-20-2009, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafswa
Hope you're feeling better now Glo.
Thank you, Hafswa.

You know, this morning, for the first time in a week, I am thinking "My toothache seems to have gone".
Praise God!

Hafswa
08-20-2009, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thank you, Hafswa.

You know, this morning, for the first time in a week, I am thinking "My toothache seems to have gone".
Praise God!
That's the best news I've had all day. God is indeed great.

KAding
08-20-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm happy to see you prevailed glo! I recently had to have a root canal procedure. Not fun either I can assure you! I didn't even have any pain before hand, so I'm still skeptical that it was really necessary :p.

The bill I got afterwards was quite a shock as well. I really should have gone sooner and gotten an extra dentist insurance :(.

pipay
08-21-2009, 01:50 PM
i will pray for you glo. don't worry too much. sometimes pain becomes more painful because of your imagination. keep in mind that your dentist would never mean to hurt you, she just want to the what's best for you. just follow her instructions especially the timings of drinking your pain relievers and avoiding foods that could cause the wound to be irritated.
be brave my dear.. don't let your fear conquer you.. God bless you.. :statisfie

glo
08-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Pipay, how wonderful to see you! :statisfie

You are right, fear can be terribly destructive and demoralising.
Luckily I am feeling much better now.

I hope and pray that things are good with you too!

God bless

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.