/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which Novel/Books are you reading?

Kas1m
08-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Salams

just name which novel or books in urdu are you reading just now?

I am currently reading two

Seerat Hadhrat Umar r.a. I read that at home

and for work im reading 'Ishq ka Qaaf' by Amjed Javed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kas1m
08-18-2009, 03:57 PM
i have ibn e safi in my reading list but its quite far ahead...got to read some other books first

ishq ka ain was started by aleem ul haq haqqi (the original idea of this ishq series)

then he wrote ishq ka sheen (btw this book is amazing...you gotta read it) but he only wrote part 1 and fell seriously ill...so writer Amjed Javed finished ishq ka sheen for him

then ishq ka qaaf came out vy sarfaraz raahi...it was a good read but not in compare with ustad aleem ul haq

then ishq ka qaaf by Amjed Javed came out (just a year ago)

and now the ultimate ishq ka qaaf by aleem ul haq will be out...he is currently writing it

nebula
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
lol a book about ishq "love"? lol

i dont usually read novels but i go through pdf versions of books on Islam. Recently bought madinah arabic booK!

Novels are a waste of time tbh.

Kas1m
08-18-2009, 04:10 PM
oh sorry...well the first one ishq ka ain is about ishq e majaazi then ishq e haqeeqi

then ishq ka sheen is different...its about a hindu boy who was born in a hindu family but as he grew he began to understand things properly and converted to islam...its not as short as i told lol its like 800 pages long...brilliant novel

ishq ka qaaf is the same...basically its about ishq e majaazi and haqeeqi too...quite imaan afroz novels

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kas1m
08-18-2009, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
lol a book about ishq "love"? lol

i dont usually read novels but i go through pdf versions of books on Islam. Recently bought madinah arabic booK!

Novels are a waste of time tbh.
yeah all the romantic novels and stuff are waste but novels that teaches you a lesson are good

Tilmeez
08-18-2009, 06:13 PM
oh sorry...well the first one ishq ka ain is about ishq e majaazi then ishq e haqeeqi

then ishq ka sheen is different...its about a hindu boy who was born in a hindu family but as he grew he began to understand things properly and converted to islam...its not as short as i told lol its like 800 pages long...brilliant novel

ishq ka qaaf is the same...basically its about ishq e majaazi and haqeeqi too...quite imaan afroz novels
...and after all these are novels (Ashtories). They begin with Eshq e Mijzi and gradually take to Eshq e Haqiqi and milestones on this way are out of this world (at least for me just remembered one: that the main character is sitting somewhere in Pakistan and the same time he was found performing Hajj in Mecca :X).

Otherwise, Eshq Ka Ain has every quality that a good novel can have. :skeleton:

czgibson
08-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Greetings,

I'm reading this:

Michel de Montaigne - The Complete Essays

Montaigne was a French nobleman of the Renaissance who set out to write about everything he knew and compiled this large book filled with all sorts of knowledge and tales covering antiquity to his own day. He is a very warm and engaging writer, and his book is one of the treasures of the world.

Peace

Kas1m
08-18-2009, 06:30 PM
^ nice...classic, i believe.

Tilmeez...you gotta read ishq ka sheen...youll be amazed

Tilmeez
08-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Tilmeez...you gotta read ishq ka sheen...youll be amazed
Don't know why but I can digest this. Otherwise I told you Aleem Ul Haq is a great writer.
Same goes for Mumtaz Mufti, Qudratullah Shahab, Ashfaq Ahmed and Bano Qudisa. (I still managed to read a good deal of their writings.)

I remember love reading Mukhtar Masood you will have to be well informed to understand his "Awaz e Dost" and "Safar Naseeb".

Kas1m
08-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Nah unfortunately i sticked to m a rahat most of the time so dont know most of the writers

'Abdul Rahmaan
08-24-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm nowadays reading Tazkeer ba Surah Kahaf by Maolana Manazir Ahsan Gillani.

Ramisa
08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
:sl:

It's the same for many of us^. Just pray we all understand the Qura'an and read it, Insha'Allah.

:w:

'Abdul Rahmaan
10-26-2009, 02:52 AM
Allakh Nagri by Mumtaaz Mufti.

Beardo
10-26-2009, 02:54 AM
Series: Stories of the Sahabah
By: Noura Durkee
Publisher: IQRA

Fטлку
10-26-2009, 07:42 AM
hmmm..is this thread only for islamic books? :X :embarrass
if not then..."Hum Kahan Kay Sachay Thay" By Umaira Ahmed.
Considering my urdu reading speed though, I haven't read much of it... :embarrass

Tilmeez
10-26-2009, 07:55 AM

Edit:
Lazmi nahi k aap har waqat Islami kutub hi parhain.
Har Kitab jo aap par rahay hain, Tarjeehan Urdu.

~Raindrop~
10-26-2009, 04:23 PM
salaaam
im not currently reading this, but as its the only urdu novel iv....well, i wouldnt say read, more like slept through whilst it was being read, i thought it would qualify lol : Miraatul Uroos. NOT my cup of tea +o(
We had to do it for Urdu A2 lol

Insaanah
10-26-2009, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
salaaam
im not currently reading this, but as its the only urdu novel iv....well, i wouldnt say read, more like slept through whilst it was being read, i thought it would qualify lol : Miraatul Uroos. NOT my cup of tea +o(
Well, sis before I read your post and I'd just seen the first post in this thread, I was gonna say that I'm actually not reading it right now, but the book I'd like to mention is Taubatun Nasooh. We had to read that for Urdu A-level, and it's by the same person (Deputy Nazir Ahmed) who wrote Miraatul Uroos (which I've also read), Binaatun Na'sh, Ibnul Waqt etc.

What I like about his stories is that they're not just novels, but struggles for social and moral reform. In Taubatun Nasooh, the main charcter Nasooh, has a very worldly and unislamic family. He then sees a dream in which it's Yaumul Qiyaamah, and he's being questioned etc. The rest of the book is about his efforts to reform his wayward family. An excellent read (but some hard language in it).

~Raindrop~
10-26-2009, 11:13 PM
^^lol lol looks like you enjoyed them. All i ever did was get trouble for sleeping and not handing in my essays lol.
then again, come exam time, i got full marks for it so it was a piece of cake. That, or the examiner had pity on me lol
im still not sure wat happens in the story though :embarrass

Fטлку
10-27-2009, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
salaaam
+o(
ewww...it has like a thousand characters <_<
But it's good for a laugh...esp the names of the characters :p

~Raindrop~
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
^^ looooool cant beat tamaasha khanam lol!!

Fטлку
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
^LOL
and what about Chunya? and diya-natul-nisa? and Sahab Bahadur? and bakhshu? :p

~Raindrop~
10-27-2009, 04:04 PM
awwwwwww nooooooooooo

*runs away from all the bad memories*

Salahudeen
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm reading Dua weapon of the believer :)

'Abdul Rahmaan
10-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Qissah Chahaar Darvesh by Mir Aman Dehlvi

'Abdul Rahmaan
10-31-2009, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Is that urdu? [This thread's only for urdu books :ermm:]
Dil tho kar raha hai keh es bath par koi tabsarah karon lekin phir aap kahen ge keh Admins se mazaq karta hai. :p

Bahar haal keh hi deta hoon.

Sher Jungle ka badshah hai, anda de chahe bachcha. :omg:

Fטлку
10-31-2009, 05:45 PM
How do you say this: "anda de chahe bachcha"? :?

~Raindrop~
10-31-2009, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
How do you say this: "anda de chahe bachcha"? :?
lol iv been wondering the same thing... :embarrass

Insaanah
10-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Possibly anDa (egg) de, chaahe bachcha?

As in, the lion is the king of the jungle, its up to him if he lays an egg, or has a child. In other words, cos he's the king, he can call the shots and do what he likes?

I'm only guessing, as you can tell!

'Abdul Rahmaan
11-01-2009, 02:58 AM
You guessed quite right.

Fטлку
11-01-2009, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
Possibly anDa (egg) de, chaahe bachcha?

As in, the lion is the king of the jungle, its up to him if he lays an egg, or has a child. In other words, cos he's the king, he can call the shots and do what he likes?

I'm only guessing, as you can tell!
What a weird title...but it made me LOL nevertheless ;D

Insaanah
11-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Is it a title?

If it is, you're right, it's pretty weird lol. ;D

I thought it was a comment to Zak, as in, "cos you're admin/mod, I guess you can do what you like."

I could be wrong though.

'Abdul Rahmaan
11-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Brother zAk's shoulder was used to target brother Rashad.

Maktubaat e Imam Rabbani by Sheikh Ahmed Sarhindi

'Abdul Rahmaan
11-03-2009, 04:24 AM
Yeah, aimed at

Kas1m
11-12-2009, 03:48 PM
In urdu, Im currently reading Barood Ke Phool by M A Rahat
in english, im reading the eye of the world, the wheel of time novel by robert jordan
In islamic im reading a seerat book

ajnabee
11-12-2009, 05:14 PM

these are the books im reading at the moment...

on the train - 'diseases of the hearts and their cures' - ibn taymiyyah

before bed - 'don't be sad' - 'aidh ibn abdullah al-qarni

professional/academic reading - 'thinking about teaching'

after fajr - the usual

:hmm: maybe that explains y my brain feels like it's about to explode! :grumbling

edit: lol i just realised this thread is in the urdu section... hahaha lol
i guess u were referring to urdu novels/books then? :embarrass

Kas1m
11-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah mostly urdu but you can include any.
Oh my, i have so many books lined up to read

ajnabee
11-12-2009, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
Yeah mostly urdu but you can include any.
Oh my, i have so many books lined up to read
oh ok. :embarrass

yeah i have so many books lined up to read as well *sigh* :hmm:

Kas1m
11-12-2009, 06:29 PM
For me, sometimes i feel like reading...then i get tired and leave the books...i call it the reading gene..ive been reading april, may, june, july this year and till now, not touched a book so the gene is about to kick in anytime.
Ill know when i start reading and finishing books in three days and complete my queue

~Raindrop~
11-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Iv been reading an Urdu Digest from the 80s. it includes glimpses from the lives of my heroes :D:D:D

Kas1m
11-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Which urdu digest? Or the digest called urdu digest?

'Abdul Rahmaan
12-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Pardah by Maolana Abu al 'Aala Maodudi

CosmicPathos
01-23-2010, 06:46 AM
I was reading Aag Ka Durya by Qurat ul Ain Haider. I have stopped reading it. It has many words from Hindi and it has some kufri ideas.

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Hayaat-us-Sahaabah (Vol. 1) by Maolana Muhammad Yousef Kandhelwi

Beardo
02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Has anyone read Snow Falling on Cedars and/or Farewell to Manzanaar?

We have to read it for school. :exhausted

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Is that urdu? [This thread's only for urdu books]:ermm:

Beardo
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Rahmaan
Is that urdu? [This thread's only for urdu books]:ermm:
OH WHOOPS! I missed the title.

Nevermind then. :X I'm not reading any Urdu books. imsad

*leaves dejectedly*

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Brother, it's the second time you posted in the wrong thread. :p

format_quote Originally Posted by OP
Salams

just name which novel or books in urdu are you reading just now?

Beardo
02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Brother, it's the second time you posted in the wrong thread. :p
I'm a human. Humans make mistakes, too... Unless you're suggesting I'm an animal or alien. :O

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-05-2010, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I'm a human. Humans make mistakes,... Unless you're suggesting I'm an animal or alien. :O
No, I'm not. :p

Salahudeen
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
sword against black magic and evil magcians great book!!

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-06-2010, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
sword against black magic and evil magcians great book!!
Who is the author?

Salahudeen
02-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Who is the author?
Wahid Abdus Salam Bali

sabr*
02-06-2010, 01:06 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Reading Quran with commentary from ibn Kathir and At Tabari.

Unable to remember and locate small book on Muslim Proverbs. (If anyone knows some titles and authors please refer). A story regarding a brother having two paths to travels and narrates what occurs on his journey. If anyone remembers this book let us know. I read this in 80's from Halalco Books. PM us.

Jazakillahu Khair

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Fitnah-e-Dajjal ke Numaayan Khado-Khaal by Maolana Manazir Ahsan Gillani

Kas1m
03-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Im going to start sadiyon ka beta by m a rahat. Its fiction urdu. Not islamic.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Thawaabit ‘ala darb al Jihad

Thawaabit ‘ala darb al Jihad is one of the best contemporary books on the subject of Jihad. It was written by Shaykh Yusuf al ‘Uyayree. Shaykh Yusuf had left at an early age to fight in Afghanistan against the Russians. People who knew him described him as a very intelligent individual who was well-versed in all of the weaponry in all fields and was able to train with them very well. Later, he returned to the Arabian Peninsula where he continued serving the Mujahideen in Chechnya and fundraised for them. As time passed, he was arrested and put in jail for a few years. In jail he memorized al Bukhari and Muslim. When he came out, he wrote a few books; each one of them is a masterpiece. One can see the depth of his textual references to Qur’an and Sunnah as well as references to present day occurences. He was later killed and died shaheed by the security forces in the Arabian Peninsula; we ask Allah for that to be the case.

Getoffmyback
04-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Lol i read only 3 books my entire life . Retire rich retire young . rich dad poor dad. The monk who sold his ferrarri.

Ok these books are not related to the topic but great books to learn about money and investments.

Kas1m
10-04-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm currently reading ishq ka sheen by aleem ul haqq haqqi part one

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.