/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Man eats dog

Pk_#2
08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
A man in New Zealand who cooked his pet dog will not be charged as it is legal to do so.

Paea Taufu, a Tongan-born man living in Auckland New Zealand was in the process of roasting his pitbull terrier-cross in a traditional Umu pit-barbecue when animal protection inspectors arrived to investigate.

They were called by a concerned member of the public on Sunday but arrived too late for the animal.

Dog meat is considered an acceptable fare in Tonga. "Dog, horse, we eat it in Tonga. It's good food for us," said Lupi Taufu, Paea's wife.

Under New Zealand's Animal Welfare Act it is legal to kill a dog providing the slaughter is done quickly and painlessly.

But the local Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) has criticised the actions. "I find it quite disturbing that someone would kill a pet and then eat it. I'm not okay with that but unfortunately the law allows you to do it," SPCA Inspector Derek Haddy told reporters.

Taufu was not aware that he was doing something uncommon in New Zealand but indicated he would not kill another dog to avoid offending anyone in the future.

*PuKes billions of times* [exaggeration]

How can you eat your pet whom you loved and cared for? that majorly gross!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kas1m
08-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Good for us? lol seriously what is this world coming to?

Pk_#2
08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
Good for us? lol seriously what is this world coming to?
I don't know man, here's us sensitive people barely able to pick a fruit of a tree without crying and they eat their pets. :skeleton:

aadil77
08-18-2009, 05:39 PM
is it halal?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
08-18-2009, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
is it halal?
Ahaha you made JJ laugh!

Did you wannit or sutin bro?

This is what my Pakistani friends say: Just say bismillah and eat it, Allah will forgive you, kasmeh man, ano He will...

czgibson
08-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
"I find it quite disturbing that someone would kill a pet and then eat it. I'm not okay with that but unfortunately the law allows you to do it," SPCA Inspector Derek Haddy told reporters.
It's quite a strange ethical issue, this, isn't it?

Clearly the Tongan man thinks about pets differently than we are used to. Does that make it wrong, though?

If it's OK to kill a cow or a lamb and eat it, why is it wrong to kill a dog and eat it?

(I'm not about to tuck into poodle and chips, so don't worry - I'm just curious as to why we think the way we do.)

Peace

aadil77
08-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Ahaha you made JJ laugh!

Did you wannit or sutin bro?

This is what my Pakistani friends say: Just say bismillah and eat it, Allah will forgive you, kasmeh man, ano He will...
who's jj, ur pet dog?

well your paki friends haven't been to lesta! over here eatin somethin haram would get you reminded about it for the rest of your life

Pk_#2
08-18-2009, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Clearly the Tongan man thinks about pets differently than we are used to. Does that make it wrong, though?

If it's OK to kill a cow or a lamb and eat it, why is it wrong to kill a dog and eat it?

(I'm not about to tuck into poodle and chips, so don't worry - I'm just curious as to why we think the way we do.)

Peace
Hmm...but cows taste nice.

well your paki friends haven't been to lesta! over here eatin somethin haram would get you reminded about it for the rest of your life
=| Really? Do you speak for everyone? Wow mashaAllaah that's good.

Danah
08-18-2009, 09:28 PM
How can you eat your pet whom you loved and cared for? that majorly gross!
ewwww +o( forget about loving and caring
how can he eat a DOG meat, they even eat horse meat *faint*

Ansariyah
08-18-2009, 09:36 PM
People are becom'in lazier & Lazier, that they want to kill & eat anything that is close to grips...my tums rumbling ahh let me slaughter my dog. There are plenty of sheep in NZ like 10 *times its population n here this man eats a dog.

Lost&Found
08-18-2009, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
People are becom'in lazier & Lazier, that they want to kill & eat anything that is close to grips.
Soon they'll be eating themselves. :statisfie

Mysterious Uk
08-18-2009, 09:48 PM
I think yuck would be an understatement.. but then again people do eat weird stuff, from light bulbs to cats.

cat eyes
08-18-2009, 09:51 PM
no its not halal to kill and eat a dog in islam because a dog has so many different types of worms and bacteria, you name it!+o( you could end up catching something serious if u ate... +o(+o(+o(

aadil77
08-18-2009, 09:52 PM
=| Really? Do you speak for everyone? Wow mashaAllaah that's good.
lol among the youth eating something haraam is made to seem worse than takin drugs or doing anything else haram

syilla
08-19-2009, 04:41 AM
There are also minority that eat dogs in east Malaysia. But the law is not that strict i think...

ژاله
08-19-2009, 04:50 AM
^ people eating dogs in a muslim country? la hawla wala quwwat....

syilla
08-19-2009, 05:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
^ people eating dogs in a muslim country? la hawla wala quwwat....
yes but they are not muslims :p

they are the aborigines...they even eat snakes, wild boar and etc. They used to eat man...but nowadays they dont. :D

Here are some infos about east malaysia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Malaysia.

I heard some people in indonesia eat cats and dogs too... they make satay from it...huhuhu but indonesia is very much bigger than Malaysia

ardianto
08-19-2009, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
I heard some people in indonesia eat cats and dogs too... they make satay from it...huhuhu but indonesia is very much bigger than Malaysia
Some Indonesian non-muslim eat dogs. They call it 'RW meat'.
There were few cases people eat cats in Indonesia, but those people are not 100% normal.

Cat meat is a menu in some restaurants in China.

Rasema
08-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Assalamu Alikum

The only food that is forbidden is pork,swine,and blood.

Well, and everything else that is bad for your helth.

I don't think it's forbidden to eat a dog. I would never eat such a thing it's just culture.

Though, we are not forbidden to eat dogs. Can someone provide evidence it it is?

To Muhammad,saws, it might have been discusting but he didn't forbate people from eating it becuase Allah didn't say that it is forbidden.

I could be wrong.

Duhaa786M
08-19-2009, 03:07 PM
shame shame no wonder the all blacks look so terrible! eating haraam dogs. ooooooooh make me scared.

Duhaa786M
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Assalamu Alikum

Well, and everything else that is bad for your helth.

I don't think it's forbidden to eat a dog. I would never eat such a thing it's just culture.

Though, we are not forbidden to eat dogs. Can someone provide evidence it it is?

To Muhammad,saws, it might have been discusting but he didn't forbate people from eating it becuase Allah didn't say that it is forbidden.

I could be wrong.
:hmm: never heard that hadeeth before, hanafi mathhab dogs are totaly haraam.

- IqRa -
08-19-2009, 03:15 PM
+o( +o( +o(

Rasema
08-19-2009, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa123
:hmm: never heard that hadeeth before, hanafi mathhab dogs are totaly haraam.
I didn't quote ahadeeth. But since there is no evidence(if there isn't) than I thaught that Allah,spw, didn't forbit it to be consumed.

But if that's what Hanafi believe I must believe it as well and no problem doing it. :statisfie

Pk_#2
08-19-2009, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lost&Found
Soon they'll be eating themselves. :statisfie
Don't they already do that?

lol among the youth eating something haraam is made to seem worse than takin drugs or doing anything else haram
Yeah I kinda understand that, it's easier to stay away from haram food..

After you get hooked on drugs it's kinda normal, like when you do the same sin, for example lying, you start to think it's acceptable,

These days everyone's doin' drugs that somehow refraining from haram food is made easier, not saying that drugs are halal but yeah erm duno how to explain it..

format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Assalamu Alikum

Hello/Wa'alaykum As-salam Rasema, Welcome to IB. Sis, I thought pork and swine was the same thing?

Rasema
08-19-2009, 06:49 PM

Hello/Wa'alaykum As-salam Rasema, Welcome to IB. Sis, I thought pork and swine was the same thing?
Assalamu Alaikum

I don't know:hiding:

What I meant by swine is theit oil. +o(
Pork is their meat.

KAding
08-20-2009, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Peace
Well, probably eating cow and lamb is also wrong. But not many people agree with that I suspect. Personally, I'm still hoping we'll grow out of the whole meat-eating habit though, or at least figure out how to grow steaks in a vial or something!

Muhaba
08-20-2009, 12:42 AM
^we should stop eating altogether. i mean, come on why kill a plant? let them live. you can eat sand if you want!

KAding
08-20-2009, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
^we should stop eating altogether. i mean, come on why kill a plant? let them live. you can eat sand if you want!
Ehm. Plants are not equivalent to animals. The latter have a central nervous system and a brain. In your opinion can an animal feel pain and suffering? If so, how is that pain of, say, a cow or dog different from the pain you can feel? You may speculate here of course, since we can never be sure what an animal feels?

But we do know that physiologically our livestock or pets are pretty much the same build as we are. The same cannot be said about plants. We can certainly say there is a good chance animals have some kind of consciousness and plants do not.

Pk_#2
08-20-2009, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Ehm. Plants are not equivalent to animals. The latter have a central nervous system and a brain. In your opinion can an animal feel pain and suffering? If so, how is that pain of, say, a cow or dog different from the pain you can feel? You may speculate here of course, since we can never be sure what an animal feels?

But we do know that physiologically our livestock or pets are pretty much the same build as we are. The same cannot be said about plants. We can certainly say there is a good chance animals have some kind of consciousness and plants do not.
Plants have feelings! imsad

Oh KAding you just hurt the poor plant next to me that just read the above.

Mohamed_
08-20-2009, 11:09 AM
"The only food that is forbidden is pork,swine,and blood."
I have some question.
My dad said, the ungulates animals are also forbidden, for example: horse, cow, donkey, deer. Is it true? Or are there any exception?
Dad also said, rabbit is also forbidden 'cause it's unpure. Is it true?
:hmm:

And back to the topic. I think "normal" people (whos don't live strange cultures) don't eat pets, like dog, cat and so on... Becuase those pets are "closer to the people heart", like it's around the house and always welcome you when you enter your house. But eating a chicken, it's also can be an instinct, I mean it's normal to you to eat chicken since you are borned. And just simple eat dogs, cats that's too bizzare... But French don't live in any strange culture, but they eat snail and mussel aswell.

Some people and cultures are too bizzare and strange to me.:embarrass

GuestFellow
08-20-2009, 11:11 AM
How can anyone eat a dog..... o__o

Pk_#2
08-20-2009, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_
It's only bizarre because it's different, for others across the world, your culture and mine might be bizarre,

Omdays Danah's online :exhausted *THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED*

Duhaa786M
08-20-2009, 11:31 AM
*THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED*
hahaha.

Rasema
08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_
"The only food that is forbidden is pork,swine,and blood."
I have some question.
My dad said, the ungulates animals are also forbidden, for example: horse, cow, donkey, deer. Is it true? Or are there any exception?
Dad also said, rabbit is also forbidden 'cause it's unpure. Is it true?
:hmm:

And back to the topic. I think "normal" people (whos don't live strange cultures) don't eat pets, like dog, cat and so on... Becuase those pets are "closer to the people heart", like it's around the house and always welcome you when you enter your house. But eating a chicken, it's also can be an instinct, I mean it's normal to you to eat chicken since you are borned. And just simple eat dogs, cats that's too bizzare... But French don't live in any strange culture, but they eat snail and mussel aswell.

The only food that is forbidden is the one that is mentioned in the Qur'an and the hadeeths. Allah in the Qur'an says that everything that is bad for you is haram. So yes if rabbits are bad for your healt they are haram.

However, Allah.spw. allows us to eat anything if it's a life death situatuin. I'm not 100% sure. You would have to ask someone knowledgeable.

As, for animals. Allah created them for good reasons. It is mentioned in the Qur'an how their skin is used as leather.

How do you think people from past generations survived?

Muezzin
08-20-2009, 07:03 PM
is it halal?
Seriously speaking, no, it is not halal, because dogs are carnivores. The meat of carnivores is haram.

Which is good, because such meat contains less energy than that of herbivorous animals or vegetables. Vegetables contain the most because plants photosynthesise. Some of the energy generated is lost when a herbivore eats the plants. A carnivore eating a herbivore consumes all of the remaining original energy. So as a result, not much nutrition can be derived from the meat of the carnivore.

Any mistakes in the above (pseudo) science are my own, and not those of my GCSE Biology teacher.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.