/* */

PDA

View Full Version : indwelling urethral catheters & colostomy bags

جوري
08-18-2009, 08:06 PM
:sl:

can someone find me a fatwa on how folks with indwelling urethral catheters or colostomy bags or those that have to collect their urine or stool in a bag for endless medical reasons, make ablution and prayers?..

for instance someone with advanced MS, may have to use catheters to drain urine, since they have no voluntary bladder control.. and when they remove the bags they leak involuntarily.. Are they allowed to pray with a bag collecting urine attached to them?

Jazakoum Allah khyran for your help..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-19-2009, 02:15 AM
[PIE]bump[/PIE]

rk9414
08-19-2009, 02:34 AM
I believe sheikh yaser birjas said that as long as the bag does not leak on the patient's body then it would be ok to pray

Edit: Found the reference

Q: What is the ruling on praying while carrying najas (impure filth) unaware of it?
Examples:
- If a woman is carrying a baby who may have najasah in the diaper: the salah is valid as long as she does not
have direct contact with the najasah – if the diaper leaks, then she must stop the salah and clean herself and
clothes and start the salah over
- A patient has a bag of urine attached to the body: the person can make the salah.
- If a person is in the salah and is unaware of the najasah until making ruku’, what does he do? If the najasah
was on the shoes or socks, then take them off and continue with the salah. If it is on the clothes, then stop the
salah and change and start over. Having najasah on the clothes at the beginning of the salah and not knowing
it does not invalidate the salah. The salah is still valid. If you know that there is najasah and continue with it,
then your salah is invalid. Note: if the person had wiped over the shoes or socks when making wudu’ then
the removal of invalidates the wudu’, and the person must make wudu’ again.
- If you are in a public bathroom and then have najasah on the clothes, then try to clean them. If you cannot
clean it there and there is not enough time to go home and pray the salah on time, what do you do?
Purification is very important and must be taken care of.
- If you prayed your salah completely and then after discovered that there is najasah, then your salah is valid.
- If the area where you are praying has najasah after you started praying, then take a few steps away from the
area and continue the salah.

جوري
08-19-2009, 03:00 AM
Jazaka Allah khyran.. that is very helpful to know..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sur
08-19-2009, 08:52 AM
I herd a scholar on TV saying that ppl with a continuous problem of urine dribbling etc should do wuzhu & offer prayer even if urine leaks after wuzhu. Also they can combine Zuhr with Asr & Maghrib with Isha to make it easy on them(Sahih Muslim:4:1517***). & do a fresh wuzhu for next prayer....

If bending down etc makes urine leak, pray in sitting position etc to avoid it or minimize it.

***Muslim:4:1517, Also 4:1508, 7:2946, 4:1512
Chapter : Permissibility of combining two prayers on a journey.
Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) combined the prayers as he set on a journey in the expedition to Tabuk. He combined the noon prayer with the afternoon prayer and the sunset prayer with the 'Isha prayer. Sa'id (one of the rawis) said to Ibn 'Abbas: What prompted him to do this? He said: He wanted that his Ummah should not be put to (unnecessary) hardship.

For un-weaned infants...
Bukhari:8:75:366.(Also Sahih Muslim:2:565, 26:5488 & Malik Mauta:2:111, Abu Dawood:1:375-379, )
-----------------------------------------
Narated By 'Aisha : The boys used to be brought to the Prophet and he used to invoke for Allah's blessing upon them. Once an infant was brought to him and it urinated on his clothes. He asked for water and poured it over the place of the urine and did not wash his clothes.
....Abu Dawood:1:375-379 say female infant's urine should be washed & male's just pouring water is enough. This is before infants start eating....

Fiqh-us-Sunah:Volume 005 : Hajj and 'Umrah. Fiqh 5.072A.-------------------------------------------
Section : Prerequisites of Tawaf, Cleanliness from all major or minor physical impurities..

The Hanafi school holds that cleanliness from impurities is not a necessary condition, but an obligation which, if not found, may be compensated by a sacrifice. Thus if someone performs a Tawaf in a state of minor impurity his tawaf will be valid, but he will have to offer a sheep in sacrifice. If such a person is junub or ha'id his or her tawaf will still be valid, but he or she will have to sacrifice a camel as a penalty and repeat the tawaf as long as he or she is in Makkah. As to the cleanliness of clothes or body, the Hanafi school takes it as a sunnah only.

Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Tawaf is (similar to) a prayer... but Allah, the Almighty, has made talking for one (engaged in tawaf) permissible. So, whoso speaks (while performing tawaf) should say only good things. (Tirmizhi and Ad-Daraqutni. Also reported by Al-Hakim, Ibn Khuzaimah and Ibn Al-Sakan as a sound hadith)

'Aishah reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) entered her apartment and found her crying. He asked her, "Has your monthly course set in?" That is, are you weeping because you are menstruating? She replied, "Yes." Upon this the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "This is a matter inscribed by Allah, the Almighty, for all daughters of Adam. You should perform all the rites of Hajj, except tawaf (circumambulation) - which you should perform after taking a complete bath (when you are clean)." (Reported by Muslim) 'Aishah also said: "The very first thing that the Prophet (peace be upon him) did upon arriving in Makkah was to perform Wudu and then make a tawaf of Ka'bah." (Bukhari and Muslim)

There is consensus that if one suffers from an illness that causes one to be continuously impure physically, such as leaking urine or continuous bleeding in the case of a menstruating woman, one may perform tawaf without incurring any penalty or need for making compensation. Malik related that a woman came to Abdullah bin Umar seeking a verdict. She said, "I came to the Sacred Mosque to perform tawaf, but when I arrived at the door of the Mosque I started bleeding. So I went away and waited until I became clean, and then returned to the Sacred Mosque. But again when I arrived at the door I started bleeding. I went back and returned when I was clean. But when I arrived at the door of the Mosque I started bleeding again. (What should I do?)" Ibn 'Umar said, "That bleeding is a spurt from the devil. You should take a bath, place some pads on your private parts, and then perform your tawaf."

Though off-topic anyways, in movie "East-is-East" they show a muslim urinate in bath tub & then takes bath in it...... refuted by Hadees:Sahih Muslim:2:555...

جوري
08-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Jazaka Allah khyran.. that is very expansive and informative..

Masha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.