/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why do i have to believe?

Alphadude
08-19-2009, 01:45 AM
why do i have to believe in a religion i mean any religion the reiligion was created by some inteligent people to control people for not doing bad things if there was no religion then there would be a chaos so the question remains why the miracles stoped showing up? the answer from me is bcoz poeple got inteligent the can tell between tricks and reality i mean why do i have to believe in a religion if im a good person i saw manu religious he people who do things u wont believe even imams can u believe this afcourse not but i do bcoz i seen it so there is lots of question like Why Is Religion Here? Why are people religious? Why so many people are religious — why is it the rule to be religious, blah blah blah

what a silly question! Only a zany atheist would think of asking a question with a self-evident answer: Because God is out there and made us so that we have a knowledge of His existence, you fool! And some of us revere Him, while some others, like you, have fallen into the devil’s trap. It’s so simple!But wait, I don’t think it is so simple. For one thing, the three great monotheistic religions that talk about a God who created humankind (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) emerged only in the last 4,000 years (the Jewish tribes are estimated to be at most that old, see here). But do you know for how long we humans have existed on this planet as the same species, Homo sapiens? For approximately 150,000 years!(*) How can it be that nobody was talking about God (the God) for tens, and even hundreds of thousands of years? Yes, people have always been religious, but what kind of religion did they have for almost their entire existence? For nearly 150,000 years there was no talk of God. Our hunter-gatherer ancestors believed in ghosts and ancestor spirits. If religion is here because of God, how could God allow this? What the heck was God doing during all this time that we have been around, folks? Please take a look at the following line, which shows (in blue color on the left) the approximate length of time that we have been on this planet without any notion of God as conceptualized by the monotheistic trio, compared to the length of time that the concept “God” started appearing in people’s minds (red color, on the right):
In reality, even the above drawing is flattering for monotheistic religions. The concept “God” did not appear suddenly, full-fledged in people’s minds as we know it today. The ancient Jewish God was very different from the one of the modern times: he was an anthropomorphic God. He had a thunderous voice, legs to walk with on the garden of Eden, and other bodily parts that we don’t need to mention here, lest some people might feel offended. The concept “God” evolved in the minds of believers, until we reached the God-spirit of the Christian religion in the last 2,000 years: a God who is occasionally depicted and imagined as a respectful and healthy Old Man; and the Allah of the Islamic religion in the last 1,300 years, who has no gender(*) and cannot be depicted at all. Also, humanity as a whole did not switch to the notion “one God” suddenly, 4,000 years ago; the Jews were but a minute percent of the entire human population (they still are), and it took the Christian religion and its adoption in Europe, and a bit later the Islamic religion and its adoption in the Arabic world, for the concept “one God” to take off. Even today, people in the most populous nation, China, do not believe in a monotheistic God, creator of the universe. So, if religion is here because of God, then God has created a peculiarly fragmentary and localized (both in space and in time) image of himself in people’s minds. It’s a “God with a thousand faces” that appears in the world. Why?
But my purpose is not to argue with believers. For them, all questions are answered, all cases appear closed. Believers enjoy staying in a tranquil state of mind, in which questions of fundamental importance, such as whether God exists, or whether there is an afterlife, are not asked at all. They refuse to question the very foundations of their belief system, and this is very understandable, because such questioning would put in danger the entire edifice, which they don’t want to shake and destroy. My purpose is to write down an explanatory system for the phenomenon of religion primarily for myself, because as a cognitive scientist I am very interested in understanding how the mind works, and one important property of human minds is their religious beliefs. But why did I write this web page, if I am interested in an explanation for my own satisfaction only? Because it is not productive to be talking to oneself; I need to receive feedback, primarily from those people who do not feel threatened by putting under the microscope of reason even the most basic religious assumptions.
So, certainly, under the assumption that God exists, there is hardly any question to be asked about the origin of religion (save for the objections I presented earlier — see the figure with the colored line, above — but the believer can always cop out with a “God’s ways are mysterious” retort). The question of the origin of religion becomes important only under the assumption that God is a creation of the human mind. If you are a believer and feel offended by this assumption, there is always the Back button on your browser. If you are not offended, you might either be a non-believer, or a believer who simply is curious to see how an atheist would answer the question of the origin of religion (for example, you might want to prepare yourself and gather ammunition for the next occasion a non-believer brings up this issue in a discussion).
the above text in quote was taken form here
http://www.foundalis.com/rlg/WhenceReligion.htm

the truth to be told i believe there is god but i dont believe %100 in a religion the religion could be missed up by people or 4 example there are lots of religion in the world every one thinks there own way or believe but why does it have to be religion and involve praying and if u look at it this way most religion prays deferent but they all believe in one good except buddhist or hindos.
what i realy am upto is i dont realy believe in a religion im muslim but dont believe it as mentioned above bcoz thats what i think another example my step mom prays day and night but she is the baddest person in the world i mean whats the point of praying then doing bad not just my step mom seen lots of other poeple religous people and in islam and other reiligions self harm is forbiden why? what i think is bcoz if u die maybe u go some were good maybe there is no hell at all it just to keep people at bay.

dont get me wrong but needed an answer
and yes i know u will give me good explanation and maybe this question has been asked 1000S times before still my question is a bit deferent

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
08-19-2009, 08:12 AM
When was the last time you read Qur'aan?

zakirs
08-19-2009, 08:28 AM
read quran once bro it will clear it up for you.Islam was not made by some intelligent people.it is how god wants us to live.

their is a clear distinction between man made religion and islam. i hope you know it already

Afg
08-19-2009, 11:09 AM
:sl: You believe in Allah, then you believe that this religion Islam was chosen for the Muslims. Religion is a way to guide. If you believe only in God, how to be guided? By religion that Allah sent the Prophets to teach us. We may go through a lot of trial, every moment seems like bringing us down. But InshaAllah lets all be strong. Lets not fall into any traps, the only one who will truly be happy is shaytan, and we certainly wont benefit. The miracles are everywhere, we just need to look. The Qur'an is also a miracle, and in it, many more miracles.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
touba
08-19-2009, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84
why do i have to believe in a religion i mean any religion the reiligion was created by some inteligent people to control people for not doing bad things if there was no religion then there would be a chaos so the question remains why the miracles stoped showing up? the answer from me is bcoz poeple got inteligent the can tell between tricks and reality i mean why do i have to believe in a religion if im a good person i saw manu religious he people who do things u wont believe even imams can u believe this afcourse not but i do bcoz i seen it so there is lots of question like Why Is Religion Here? Why are people religious? Why so many people are religious — why is it the rule to be religious, blah blah blah

the truth to be told i believe there is god but i dont believe %100 in a religion the religion could be missed up by people or 4 example there are lots of religion in the world every one thinks there own way or believe but why does it have to be religion and involve praying and if u look at it this way most religion prays deferent but they all believe in one good except buddhist or hindos.
what i realy am upto is i dont realy believe in a religion im muslim but dont believe it as mentioned above bcoz thats what i think another example my step mom prays day and night but she is the baddest person in the world i mean whats the point of praying then doing bad not just my step mom seen lots of other poeple religous people and in islam and other reiligions self harm is forbiden why? what i think is bcoz if u die maybe u go some were good maybe there is no hell at all it just to keep people at bay.

and yes i know u will give me good explanation and maybe this question has been asked 1000S times before still my question is a bit deferent
You have to believe especially if you are muslim because all what Allah subhanahou wa taala said in the koran is true and thats why so many christians scientists become muslims from the koran because all what Allah SWT said in the koran exist nowdays and you can see it everywhere and everyday , Think good who create the world the sky the earth and you and everything around you and the world is Allah subhanaho wa taala and Allah SWT choose the islam for us and choose for us the beautiful wonderful messenger in the world sayyidina Mohammed SAAS and we have to believe and to follow him hamdollah . Think of the death think who will take your soul rouh is Allah and no human being can bring you to life except only Allah SWT can .dont listen to sheytan and to other stupid other religions they will burn in the hell anway so protect your self to not go with them . Allah give you hidayat inshallah

touba
08-19-2009, 11:57 AM

Praying is a fard and you have to do it wether you are bad or good because you will get punishement and hissab from your sins anyway and at the end after punishement of your sins you will go inshallah to jannah im talking about muslims people only but if you dont pray and you dont believe and you do bad things thats worst then you are inviting the hell.
Some aleem are wrong sometims they lost but we shouldnt follow them , Mashallah you are muslim you can read the koran and practise you dont need any aleem it is clear hamdollah and our religion islam is very easy.

You are wrong of course there is paradaise jannah and hell jahannam and we as muslims we have advantages hamdollah and shafa3a from our prophet Mohammed SAAS and if you pray and fast and you believe to Allah and to our prophet Mohammed SAAS at least if you commited a sin you still have chance of doing touba ad even so you will get punish for your sin you still as a muslim will go to jannah inshallah and Allah knows but doesnt mean im telling you to do bad things just im explaining to you the advantage of the islam but other religious they have no chance inshallah they will burn in the hell jahannam and koran mention about it anyway.please say a3ozo biallah mina syetani arrajim and set with your self and pray and read the koran and understand it and you will know the true dont think of other people step mother and imams and other stupid religious they will have for sure a punishement but and this is important when you will die you will go to the grave by your self and nobody will be with you only your deeds so concentrate on your self and inshalah khair

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-19-2009, 12:00 PM
why do i have to believe in a religion i mean any religion the reiligion was created by some inteligent people to control people for not doing bad things
That's not true.

if there was no religion then there would be a chaos
Khalid, you seem confused to me. Ask yourself: what's the purpose of this statement above?

The first mistake people make is generalizing the concept of religion based on some stupid assumptions, and then applying the same to all religions, including islam. Especially many atheists know a little about islam.

Secondly, people confuse causes and consequences. Islam is Allah's religion, and therefore when it's practiced it brings order and peace.

so the question remains why the miracles stoped showing up?
They aren't. Read the Qur'an. Through out these 1400 years people discovered new miracles in the Qur'an. And seconldy: some miracles are lasting.
why do i have to believe in a religion if im a good person i saw manu religious he people who do things u wont believe even imams can u believe this afcourse not but i do bcoz i seen it
1. Define a good person.
2. We believe you, there are "bad" imams. But you're bias. There are also good "imams" and good Muslims. So, why did you take the bad ones to judge islam? Why didn't you take the good one? Why didn't you notice the bad atheists, e.g. Stalin who killed 20 millions of people according to some historians? And why not noticing the greatest leaders of this ummah, when they had the chance to slay whole cities, yet, they didn't do that?

the truth to be told i believe there is god but i dont believe %100 in a religion the religion could be missed up by people
Key word: could, and not must.

or 4 example there are lots of religion in the world every one thinks there own way or believe but why does it have to be religion and involve praying and if u look at it this way most religion prays deferent but they all believe in one good except buddhist or hindos.
So do atheists believe their way is the only one OK. So does everyone, that's nothing unusual. If person A says: "I don't believe in a god, but I think person B who thinks there exists a god is right," then person A is definitely crazy. No sane person thinks in the same time in two contradictory.

Once again you tend to judge islam based on what other do. You can't do that. Islam is defined what's in the Qur'an and the Sunnah, not what's in people's heads!

another example my step mom prays day and night but she is the baddest person in the world i mean whats the point of praying then doing bad
Allah, swt, says that prayer stops one person doing bad things. If a prayer is done in the right way, then it has its effect. Otherwise not.

Etc...

- IqRa -
08-19-2009, 12:06 PM
MashaAllaah nice reply brother.

Lost&Found
08-19-2009, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Bro, don't get caught up in all these silly atheistic traps. Don't learn about religion from them. Especially if you have weak iman. It is a trick of the shaytan.
What's wrong with learning about other people's viewpoints? :hmm:

touba
08-19-2009, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lost&Found
Because they are wrong and they are kafir and Allah inshallah will put them in the hell forever

zakirs
08-19-2009, 12:44 PM
What's wrong with learning about other people's viewpoints?
its not wrong to learn other people's view points. but its not good to get confused and forget the initial goal which was set when the learning started.anyway to the thread starter "bro , take your own time and read quran to convince yourselves"

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-19-2009, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
MashaAllaah nice reply brother.
Thanks, ukhtee, barakAllahu feeki.

Actually, what Khalid did is learning Islam from atheistic sources. Especially letting such childish answer and explanations influence him.

Alphadude
08-19-2009, 01:22 PM
When was the last time you read Qur'aan?
it was long time ago and why bcoz if u seen my other post about commiting suicide u should know
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdu-l-Majeed
That's not true.

Khalid, you seem confused to me. Ask yourself: what's the purpose of this statement above?

The first mistake people make is generalizing the concept of religion based on some stupid assumptions, and then applying the same to all religions, including islam. Especially many atheists know a little about islam.

Secondly, people confuse causes and consequences. Islam is Allah's religion, and therefore when it's practiced it brings order and peace.

They aren't. Read the Qur'an. Through out these 1400 years people discovered new miracles in the Qur'an. And seconldy: some miracles are lasting.

1. Define a good person.
2. We believe you, there are "bad" imams. But you're bias. There are also good "imams" and good Muslims. So, why did you take the bad ones to judge islam? Why didn't you take the good one? Why didn't you notice the bad atheists, e.g. Stalin who killed 20 millions of people according to some historians? And why not noticing the greatest leaders of this ummah, when they had the chance to slay whole cities, yet, they didn't do that?

Key word: could, and not must.

So do atheists believe their way is the only one OK. So does everyone, that's nothing unusual. If person A says: "I don't believe in a god, but I think person B who thinks there exists a god is right," then person A is definitely crazy. No sane person thinks in the same time in two contradictory.

Once again you tend to judge islam based on what other do. You can't do that. Islam is defined what's in the Qur'an and the Sunnah, not what's in people's heads!

Allah, swt, says that prayer stops one person doing bad things. If a prayer is done in the right way, then it has its effect. Otherwise not.

Etc...
im a litle confused yes but this question was in my mind for some time and asked this some time ago in lots of places such us this forum and some said they believe in a religion and some said it was made by inteligent people

why not? learning about other religion and knowing what right and bad is that bad afcourse not

format_quote Originally Posted by touba
Because they are wrong and they are kafir and Allah inshallah will put them in the hell forever
how can u know that maybe allah will forgive them and put us in hell instead why bcoz we talk bad about them.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdu-l-Majeed
Thanks, ukhtee, barakAllahu feeki.

Actually, what Khalid did is learning Islam from atheistic sources. Especially letting such childish answer and explanations influence him.
im not learning anything from atheist sources its just some questions in my mind and want anwser to them wether scientific or the other way

MuhammadRizan
08-19-2009, 01:26 PM
:sl:

khalid84 bro..

i don't wanna sound like psycologist here, but i gotta tell you that what you feel is absolutely normal, i dare to say that everyone for sometimes will cross to their heart about this...

open surah An-nass recite it also read the tafseer.

u will know exactly why..

-learn and ask to the right people..trust me reading is not enough.

- IqRa -
08-19-2009, 01:32 PM
it was long time ago and why bcoz if u seen my other post about commiting suicide u should know
No wonder you are thinking like this then. Go and open up the Qur'aan, and read it with english translation, or a language you understand best.

touba
08-19-2009, 01:52 PM

im a litle confused yes but this question was in my mind for some time and asked this some time ago in lots of places such us this forum and some said they believe in a religion and some said it was made by inteligent people

why not? learning about other religion and knowing what right and bad is that bad afcourse not

how can u know that maybe allah will forgive them and put us in hell instead why bcoz we talk bad about them.

im not learning anything from atheist sources its just some questions in my mind and want anwser to them wether scientific or the other way
Yes atheists and others will go to the hell they are satanic people and ideas .
Scientists people they took everything good from koran and most of them become muslims because all what happen nowdays like technology and science and others koran mention about it long long time and we are still discovering nowdays what Allah said in the koran so please wake up and say a3ozo biallah mina sheytani arrajim and pray and read koran and forget about other stupid satanic people and their satanic stupid fikir and way. Suicide is haram and thinking of it is like doing it so do touba and istighfar and i hope Allah forgive you inshallah,

If you suicide you will go to the hell jahannam and there you will suicide in the fire every minutes Allah knows .

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM

Read the Qur'aan and I mean sincerely...InshaAllah.

Ask Allah(swt) for guidance. InshaAllah if your sincere, He will most definitely Help you...because Allah(swt) guides those who wish to be guided and guides not those who are insincere.

All the best.

:w:

Rasema
08-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Talking to an athiest is a waste of time. They are deaf and blind.

As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe. (6) Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing And on their eyes is a veil.

ATHIESTS you do not have to believe!!!
We all have freewill.

You call us liars all you want to. The truth is that you are liars.

For example, you say that the unseen world doesn't exist. How would you know if it's an unseen world?

If my mother saiys that she saw a star somewhere, I would not believe her because it could of been anything . I would believe if an astronomist said that, that was actually a star. Same goes for the hereafter. We have prophets who all spoke the same things and God confirmed it because he is the only one who knows the unseen and thaught his prophets.

You are not a prophet so you are a liar and you have no knowledge of this.

You may ask, where are the prophets?

There were prophets time after time but Muhammad,saws, is the seal of the long line of prophets because we live at the end of times(hence, at the end of times can be gazillion years).

Evidence that He was a prophet is the Qur'an. You can say that the Qur'an is no proof but the kind of proof you're looking for would prove God.

That is why aja (verses of the Qur'an) are called ajsas(signs).

Keep in imnd that we have the chain of authority for the Qur'an. Which is something that links us back to the prophet. Chain of narrations is the only reliable way of knowing the realities of the past. It is used by historiens in all fields and not just Islam.

MuhammadRizan
08-19-2009, 04:15 PM
to a new revert pls focus on learning first...don't involved ur'self to all the debates goin on..syeikh google is good but it can easily drown u with so much information.

learn with somebody u can talk to...prioritize what actually important for u to learn...

cat eyes
08-19-2009, 05:56 PM

you are not the only muslim i have came across who feels this way.. i have came across many and do you know why? because in there free time they log into kufir websites and forums then they start talking to all different types of people with different beliefs etc and suddenly that poor soul gets hooked. they talk extremely intelligent but believe me they are far from it..

they are extremely clever because shaytaan is clever and it wouldn't suprize me if shaytaan was guiding every single one of them, taking help from the shaytaans.. they take surahs from holy quran and they cleverly twist it to make it look inaccurate and impossable to believe.

many muslims either turn to disbelief or get confused about the role of prophet jesus pbuh weather he is a son of god or is god.. it is the bigest sin which Allah will not forgive. this is what shaytaan wants to achieve!!! he wants to drag as many people down with him to the helfire as he can.. and he is slowly succeeding. these people prey on the less knowledgeable and less educated in deen... internet is a sword. use it wisely to purely look for islamic knowledge and nothing more and hang out with the right people.

you mentioned that imams are not good etc thats common these days...and it will be common in the end of times i believe the prophet pbuh mentioned something about that in the hadiths, i will try and find it inshallaah if it will clear up some of your doubts.. you need to study more.. and pray. and you know brother people who are muslim who are not good but they pray.. well wouldn't it be pretty bad if they didn't pray at all?

we have that benifit that there is a chance for us we will be forgiven as touba has said because we believe on the one true god but its not an excuse to do sins.. some muslims are weak and we can judge everybody. our duty is to warn them only and pray for them that there iman should become strong especially if they are family.

Eric H
08-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Greetings and peace be with you khalid84;

Death is not a problem, we all have to die at some point, finding a reason and a purpose to live can be a problem. Life can seem to be a daily grind that just beats us down, day after day.

I really believe that faith and trust in God is the answer, it helps push us out of our comfort zone. Ramadan is here, it is a time to test your resolve, and take you out of your comfort zone. Fasting helps you build up an inner strength, it helps you to understand the plight of the poor, any money you save from your own meals can be given to the poor who suffer the greatest injustice in this world.

It is not enough to be a good person, religion gives us the reason to serve others and change ourselves, faith and trust in God can be demanding. Praying for other people will help you. When you pray long enough for another person, you come to understand that you cannot leave all the solution in God’s hands, you have to do something yourself.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

GuestFellow
08-19-2009, 08:59 PM
why do i have to believe in a religion i mean any religion the reiligion was created by some inteligent people to control people for not doing bad things if there was no religion then there would be a chaos so the question remains why the miracles stoped showing up?
Greetings,

The Quran is not created by people. The Quran is the word of God and it was revealed through revelations. Miracles do still occur today.

the answer from me is bcoz poeple got inteligent the can tell between tricks and reality i mean why do i have to believe in a religion if im a good person i saw manu religious he people who do things u wont believe even imams can u believe this afcourse not but i do bcoz i seen it so there is lots of question like Why Is Religion Here? Why are people religious? Why so many people are religious — why is it the rule to be religious, blah blah blah
Tell me what is a good person? Yes there are some followers of Islam who are hyprocrites. However you need to distingush between religion and followers of a faith. Like a car. A car is only a tool for transportation. How that car is used depends upon the driver.

Well you should study all different religions. Then decide which religion makes sense. I did that. : )

There is a lot of people who call themselves Muslims but do bad things. Then again there are many Muslims who do good things too and follow all the teachings of the Quran.

Keep in mind people do make mistakes.

When I was reading your response, it was as though I was listening to myself several years ago. I was 10/11 years old. I started to question my faith as well. At one point I even unintentionally left my faith. I was not sure what to believe and sometimes I do doubt. It is something which everyone goes through. Sometimes it is good to be exposed to these feelings, it makes you a stronger person once you overcome them.

I'm became curious and learnt more about my religion, explored different view points and studied different religions. Soon after I believed Islam was the perfect religion. Everything came together for me and made sense to me.

Study Islam and decide for yourself...

Good luck!

AnonymousPoster
08-19-2009, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=khalid84;1204620]why do i have to believe in a religion i mean any religion the reiligion was created by some inteligent people to control people for not doing bad things if there was no religion then there would be a chaos so the question remains why the miracles stoped showing up? the answer from me is bcoz poeple got inteligent the can tell between tricks and reality i mean why do i have to believe in a religion if im a good person i saw manu religious he people who do things u wont believe even imams can u believe this afcourse not but i do bcoz i seen it so there is lots of question like Why Is Religion Here? Why are people religious? Why so many people are religious — why is it the rule to be religious, blah blah blah

bro i understand how you feel, i felt the same way a long time ago and stopped practising for a while and did a lot of bad things because i was confused. But now i my mind is clear and it all makes sense. What helped me was Dr ZAKIR NAIKS talks and 1 particular talk by Dr Bilal Phillips about how to convert atheist..... It was said after this talk 22 people reverted to Islam there and then. You seem like an intelligent brother do some research if things dont make sense then research it. We live in a world where information is at our finger tips and its endless amount of knowledge.

May Allah guide to brother.

Tony
08-19-2009, 11:38 PM
For Allahs sake we love our brother Khalid 84, and if to protect his imaan we advise him to ignore the nonsensical ramblings of a non believer, then it is none of your business to butt in with your seeds of doubt. So with all respect butt out and leave the welfare of our brloved and respected brother to us

Alphadude
08-20-2009, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Assalamu Alaikum

Talking to an athiest is a waste of time. They are deaf and blind.

As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe. (6) Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing And on their eyes is a veil.

ATHIESTS you do not have to believe!!!
We all have freewill.

You call us liars all you want to. The truth is that you are liars.

For example, you say that the unseen world doesn't exist. How would you know if it's an unseen world?

If my mother saiys that she saw a star somewhere, I would not believe her because it could of been anything . I would believe if an astronomist said that, that was actually a star. Same goes for the hereafter. We have prophets who all spoke the same things and God confirmed it because he is the only one who knows the unseen and thaught his prophets.

You are not a prophet so you are a liar and you have no knowledge of this.

You may ask, where are the prophets?

There were prophets time after time but Muhammad,saws, is the seal of the long line of prophets because we live at the end of times(hence, at the end of times can be gazillion years).

Evidence that He was a prophet is the Qur'an. You can say that the Qur'an is no proof but the kind of proof you're looking for would prove God.

That is why aja (verses of the Qur'an) are called ajsas(signs).

Keep in imnd that we have the chain of authority for the Qur'an. Which is something that links us back to the prophet. Chain of narrations is the only reliable way of knowing the realities of the past. It is used by historiens in all fields and not just Islam.
first you should read the full post im not a athiest

format_quote Originally Posted by MuhammadRizan
to a new revert pls focus on learning first...don't involved ur'self to all the debates goin on..syeikh google is good but it can easily drown u with so much information.

learn with somebody u can talk to...prioritize what actually important for u to learn...
hehe im not a new revert:hmm:
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
you are not the only muslim i have came across who feels this way.. i have came across many and do you know why? because in there free time they log into kufir websites and forums then they start talking to all different types of people with different beliefs etc and suddenly that poor soul gets hooked. they talk extremely intelligent but believe me they are far from it..

they are extremely clever because shaytaan is clever and it wouldn't suprize me if shaytaan was guiding every single one of them, taking help from the shaytaans.. they take surahs from holy quran and they cleverly twist it to make it look inaccurate and impossable to believe.

many muslims either turn to disbelief or get confused about the role of prophet jesus pbuh weather he is a son of god or is god.. it is the bigest sin which Allah will not forgive. this is what shaytaan wants to achieve!!! he wants to drag as many people down with him to the helfire as he can.. and he is slowly succeeding. these people prey on the less knowledgeable and less educated in deen... internet is a sword. use it wisely to purely look for islamic knowledge and nothing more and hang out with the right people.

you mentioned that imams are not good etc thats common these days...and it will be common in the end of times i believe the prophet pbuh mentioned something about that in the hadiths, i will try and find it inshallaah if it will clear up some of your doubts.. you need to study more.. and pray. and you know brother people who are muslim who are not good but they pray.. well wouldn't it be pretty bad if they didn't pray at all?

we have that benifit that there is a chance for us we will be forgiven as touba has said because we believe on the one true god but its not an excuse to do sins.. some muslims are weak and we can judge everybody. our duty is to warn them only and pray for them that there iman should become strong especially if they are family.
the athiest text that i posted here was about something esle tottaly forgot to mention it it was the picture under the text pointing to when the religion started that was the main point for the athiest text i copyied from that website
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Death is not a problem, we all have to die at some point, finding a reason and a purpose to live can be a problem. Life can seem to be a daily grind that just beats us down, day after day.

I really believe that faith and trust in God is the answer, it helps push us out of our comfort zone. Ramadan is here, it is a time to test your resolve, and take you out of your comfort zone. Fasting helps you build up an inner strength, it helps you to understand the plight of the poor, any money you save from your own meals can be given to the poor who suffer the greatest injustice in this world.

It is not enough to be a good person, religion gives us the reason to serve others and change ourselves, faith and trust in God can be demanding. Praying for other people will help you. When you pray long enough for another person, you come to understand that you cannot leave all the solution in God’s hands, you have to do something yourself.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric
thanks brother and im not scared to die but scared of were im gona go :p
and to be honest i dont pray i used to pray long time ago but know i cant its like i dont like to pray around poeple or people around me and at home im not comfortable if u have seen my other post u know why.
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Greetings,

The Quran is not created by people. The Quran is the word of God and it was revealed through revelations. Miracles do still occur today.

Tell me what is a good person? Yes there are some followers of Islam who are hyprocrites. However you need to distingush between religion and followers of a faith. Like a car. A car is only a tool for transportation. How that car is used depends upon the driver.

Well you should study all different religions. Then decide which religion makes sense. I did that. : )

There is a lot of people who call themselves Muslims but do bad things. Then again there are many Muslims who do good things too and follow all the teachings of the Quran.

Keep in mind people do make mistakes.

When I was reading your response, it was as though I was listening to myself several years ago. I was 10/11 years old. I started to question my faith as well. At one point I even unintentionally left my faith. I was not sure what to believe and sometimes I do doubt. It is something which everyone goes through. Sometimes it is good to be exposed to these feelings, it makes you a stronger person once you overcome them.

I'm became curious and learnt more about my religion, explored different view points and studied different religions. Soon after I believed Islam was the perfect religion. Everything came together for me and made sense to me.

Study Islam and decide for yourself...

Good luck!
i didnt say the quran was created by people i ment all the religious holly books could have ben altered by people thats what i ment and i will study more about religions but at the momment my life is not good cant do much.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
For Allahs sake we love our brother Khalid 84, and if to protect his imaan we advise him to ignore the nonsensical ramblings of a non believer, then it is none of your business to butt in with your seeds of doubt. So with all respect butt out and leave the welfare of our beloved and respected brother to us
no buddy loves any 1 they love them tell they get what they need from them trust me i know .

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 01:42 AM
No, you don't know. You can't speak for me. Please don't talk as if you know....thanks :)
i didnt say the quran was created by people i ment all the religious holly books could have ben altered by people thats what i ment and i will study more about religions but at the momment my life is not good cant do much.
But that can't be applied to the Qur'aan. The Qur'aan has never been altered and never will. Allah(swt) has challenged mankind to bring anything LIKE the Qur'aan, even a verse!

Please don't put this off...you don't know if you'll live till tomorrow...or even the next minute. If you're really concerned, you'd not put it aside. It's better not to be one of those people who will ask Allah(swt) on Judgement Day for another chance back in life..

GuestFellow
08-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Greetings,

The Quran has not been altered. No one cannot even produce anything like the Quran.

Use your time wisely. I'm sure there is a time where you can sit down and learn more about the Quran. You can buy a book about Islam and learn more about the Quran. Listen to Dr Zakir Naik. He is very good on comparative religions. There is wide variety of sources that can help you gain a better understanding though you have to put some effort in.

Good luck.

Eric H
08-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Blessings and peace be with you khalid84 my friend;

Despite all our religious differences, each and every one of us is very special to God, he knows us all by name.

He is a God of power and might, he set the universe in motion, he created all life. He is a just God, who is fair to all people, he is loving and merciful.

We must never give up hope that we shall meet our God, only then can we ever attain an everlasting inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

We pray for things we want on this Earth, but they may not be the things that help us attain eternal salvation. Here is a wonderful prayer copied from this forum, sadly I forgot to take any references of were it comes from.
We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.
Pray for Others to Heal Yourself.

The Prophet was always concerned about other people, Muslims and non-Muslims, and would regularly pray for them. Praying for others connects you with them and helps you understand their suffering. This in itself has a healing component to it. The Prophet has said that praying for someone who is not present increases love.
Mother Teresa
Anyway
People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centred;
Forgive them anyway

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It never was between you and them anyway.
In the spirit of searching for God and an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric

Tony
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks Eric, very nice post and very good intention. Peace and respect

Alphadude
08-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Blessings and peace be with you khalid84 my friend;

Despite all our religious differences, each and every one of us is very special to God, he knows us all by name.

He is a God of power and might, he set the universe in motion, he created all life. He is a just God, who is fair to all people, he is loving and merciful.

We must never give up hope that we shall meet our God, only then can we ever attain an everlasting inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

We pray for things we want on this Earth, but they may not be the things that help us attain eternal salvation. Here is a wonderful prayer copied from this forum, sadly I forgot to take any references of were it comes from.
We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way

In the spirit of searching for God and an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric
thanks again eric

and for the mother teresa poem i saw that long time ago and im the same way i do good people do bad i cant change who im anyway:p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Don't ever let that change brother InshaAllah. Allah(swt) will reward you for your good deeds inshaAllah. We should do everything to please Him :) He is deserving of our obedience and praise.

Alphadude
08-21-2009, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Don't ever let that change brother InshaAllah. Allah(swt) will reward you for your good deeds inshaAllah. We should do everything to please Him :) He is deserving of our obedience and praise.

sister light of heaven
u said Allah(swt) will reward you for your good deeds inshaAllah. We should do everything to please Him :) He is deserving of our obedience and praise.

Question: how do u know if allah meaning god is he or she hope u dont get me wrong but i have seen most of members here talk like this here.

Ramadhan
08-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Question: how do u know if allah meaning god is he or she hope u dont get me wrong but i have seen most of members here talk like this here.
What does this mean?

Alphadude
08-21-2009, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
What does this mean?
:hmm: most people when they are about to mention allah they say- example :he knows best ..... i mean how do they know if allah is he?

- IqRa -
08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Please read this:

The Arabic word ‘Allah’ has no gender. The Arabic grammar has only two genders, male and female and male gender is of two types:

1.Masculine Haqeeqi i.e. Real, which is used to denote the masculine gender in humans, animals.

2. Masculine Majazi i.e. Unreal, wherein it is used as Masculine but in reality it is not so e.g. (Angels) Malak, Layl (Night), Bab (door). The word Allah (swt), too falls in the second category i.e. Masculine Majazi.

The English language has got three genders; male, female and neutral. So if we translate the Arabic word ‘huwa’ into English, it can be translated as ‘he’ or ‘it’. And the Arabic word ‘hiya’ can be translated as ‘she’ or ‘it’.

Allah (swt) is unique and cannot be referred as ‘it’ in English, since Allah (swt) has no gender, neither male, nor female or neutral.

Some people may argue that the Arabic word ‘huwa’ and ‘hiya’ both can be used for ‘it’ or neutral gender, then why Allah has used ‘huwa’ and not ‘hiya’?

In Arabic grammar there are certain rules and criteria for feminine gender. First, if it is female by nature, like the word mother (ummun), it becomes feminine in gender. Allah is not a female. Second, if it ends with the third Arabic letter ‘ta’ like ‘mirwahtun’ (fan), it becomes feminine. The Arabic word ‘Allah’ doesn’t end with ‘ta’ so it cannot be feminine. Third, if the word ends with ‘Alif Mamduda’ (big Alif), it becomes feminine. But the Arabic word ‘Allah’ doesn’t end with ‘Alif Mamduda’ so, it cannot be feminine. And lastly, if the object occurs in pairs, like pairs of the body, e.g. ‘Ainun’ (eyes), ‘yadun’ (hands), they are considered feminine. But Allah (swt) says in the Glorious Qur’an in Surah Ikhlas, chapter 112, verse 1:

“Say: He is Allah the ONE and Only;”

So Allah (swt) is one and not a pair. Therefore, by default since it cannot be used as ‘Hiya’ i.e. she or it, Allah (swt) uses huwa i.e. He. And Allah (swt) knows the best.
Is Allah Masculine In Gender?

Alphadude
08-22-2009, 02:09 AM
im impressed by your answer to my question a realy good and helpfull answer thanks T.I.A:D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Lol ok mashallah someone answered it. JazakAllah Khair sister T.I.A :D

Ramadhan Kareem everyone!

Alphadude
08-22-2009, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Lol ok mashallah someone answered it. JazakAllah Khair sister T.I.A :D

Ramadhan Kareem everyone!

sister lol i tought T.I.A was a brother hehe

zakirs
08-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Go on bro further clear your doubts.Ramadan kareem is here and you wont get a better month to pray to allah or to ask for forgiveness

Eric H
08-22-2009, 02:44 PM

A soul that was happy,
Now lives in strife,
Walking in the shadows,
Of my empty life,

Should I end it all,
Or try to be strong?
Its doesn't matter,
You wouldn't notice if I was gone
I have read through a number of your older posts again, the paedos, no work permit, step mother, lack of food and money, and not able to study. Beyond a doubt horrible things have happened to you, and you seem amazingly strong to come through life to this point. In the last four weeks you seem to have found the strength to live.

People do care about you, and I read a lot of encouraging replies from other people, which shows they really do care about what happens to you. How is your job now?

Maybe you need a more positive signature, it may help you

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric

Alphadude
08-22-2009, 05:24 PM

I have read through a number of your older posts again, the paedos, no work permit, step mother, lack of food and money, and not able to study. Beyond a doubt horrible things have happened to you, and you seem amazingly strong to come through life to this point. In the last four weeks you seem to have found the strength to live.

People do care about you, and I read a lot of encouraging replies from other people, which shows they really do care about what happens to you. How is your job now?

Maybe you need a more positive signature, it may help you

Eric
but i dont want any one to care for me please leave this sig and my older posts in peace. thank u

Eric H
08-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Blessings and peace be with you khalid84;

but i dont want any one to care for me.
Please forgive me if I have offended you, I do not want to add to your troubles.

please leave this sig and my older posts in peace. thank u.
I am sorry if I misunderstood your intentions, but you have said in a couple of your recent posts…

i dont like to pray around poeple or people around me and at home im not comfortable if u have seen my other post u know why.

Eric

Cabdullahi
01-02-2010, 10:15 AM
brother dont spend time on those gothic websites :(

CosmicPathos
01-02-2010, 09:43 PM
@ Khalid: do you listen to black metal? Or doom metal? Or funeral doom metal?

What is the evidence that the hunter-gatherers did not believe in a god? lol. The idea that they believed in spirits and what nor is a mere speculation based on the scarce drawings and pictures we have found from thousands of years ago. They are not conclusive proof that the hunter gatherers ONLY believed in spirits and not one true God. Just ramblings and a well measured escape from accepting God? But not so measured, not that easily. a critical mind is able to see beyond these atheistic conjectures.

AabiruSabeel
01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Mankind’s need for religion

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14055

Praise be to Allaah.

Man’s need for religion is greater than his need for any of the other necessities of life, because man needs to know what pleases Allaah and what angers Him; he needs to acts in his own interests and to ward off things that will harm him. Sharee’ah is what distinguishes between actions that will bring benefit and actions that will cause harm. This is Allaah’s justice towards His creation, and His light which shines for His slaves. People cannot live without laws (sharee’ah) to help them distinguish between what they should and should not do.

Because man has a will, he has to know what he wants, is it beneficial or harmful? Is it good for him or bad for him?

Some of these things may be known instinctively, some of it may be known by working it out in a rational manner, and some of it may only be known from the teachings and guidance of the Messengers. See al-Tadmuriyyah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 213, 214; Miftaah Daar al-Sa’aadah, vol. 2, p. 383.

No matter how impressive and attractive the atheist, materialist schools of thought may be, and no matter how many ideas and theories there may be, individuals and societies can never do without the true religion, they can never answer the needs of body and soul. The further the individual sinks into those ways, the more certain it becomes that he cannot find security or quench his thirst, and that there is no way out except through the true religion. Ernest Renan says: “It is possible that everything we love could disappear and that rational thinking, science and industry could cease to exist, but it is impossible that religion could be eliminated. Rather it will remain as proof that materialistic thought which wants to restrict man to the narrow path of the base life of this world is false.” (See al-Deen by ‘Abd-Allaah Darraaz, p. 87)

Muhammad Fareed Wajdi says: “It is impossible that the idea of religion could diminish, because it is the most refined inclination of the soul and its noblest emotion, in addition to being the inclination that ennobles man. Rather this inclination will increase and the religious nature of man will remain so long as he retains that reason which enables him to distinguish between beauty and ugliness. This instinct will increase according to his level of rationality.” (Ibid., p. 87)

If man is far away from his Lord, then according to his level of knowledge and understanding he will realize the extent of his ignorance of his Lord and His attributes, and his ignorance of his own self and what is good for him or bad for him, what leads to bliss and what leads to doom, and his ignorance of such basic matters as astronomy, mathematics and the like. At this point the wise man will move from the state of arrogance and pride to humility and submission, and will realize that behind all this knowledge is the All-Knowing, All-Wise, and that behind nature there is an almighty Creator. This truth compels the objective seeker to believe in the unseen and acknowledge the true religion, and to respond to the call of human nature and innate instinct. If a person fails to do that he is going against his innate nature and sinking to the level of the dumb animals.

Thus we may conclude that following the true religion – that which is based on belief in Allaah alone (Tawheed) and worshipping Him in the way that He has prescribed – is an essential element of life if man is to be a true slave to the Lord of the Worlds, and to attain happiness and be free of tiredness and exhaustion in this world and in the Hereafter. It is essential in order to perfect man’s rational thinking. In this way alone can reason fulfil its desires; without it man cannot fulfil his higher ambitions.

It is an essential element for purifying the soul and disciplining the emotions, for in religion the noble emotions find fertile ground and an inexhaustible spring to help them achieve their goals.

It is an essential element for strengthening will power and supplying it with the greatest motives and power to resist the factor of helplessness and despair.

On this basis, if there is anyone who says that man is sociable in nature, we must say that man is religious by nature. (See ibid., 84, 98), because man has two strengths, knowledge and willpower, and his ultimate happiness depends on him acquiring both. Full knowledge can only be attained by knowing the following:
1- Knowing Allaah, the Creator and Provider Who created man from nothing and bestowed blessings upon him.
2- Knowing the names and attributes of Allaah, and the effect of these names upon His slaves.
3- Knowing the way to reach Him.
4- Knowing the obstacles that prevent man from knowing this way and the great blessings to which it leads.
5- Knowing yourself in a true sense, and knowing what your soul needs, what is good for it and what is bad for it, and knowing its faults and shortcomings.

These five matters will complete a person’s knowledge. Achieving perfect will power can only be achieved by paying attention to the rights of Allaah over His slaves and fulfilling them sincerely, adhering to that and bearing witness to the blessings of Allaah. These two strengths can only be perfected with the help of Allaah, so man needs Allaah to guide him to the Straight Path to which He guides His close friends. See al-Fawaa’id, p, 18-19.
Once we know that the true religion is the divine support that directs the potentials of man, then we know that religion is also a protective shield for society, because human life can only be strong when there is co-operation among the members of society. This co-operation can only be achieved by means of a system that regulates the relationships between them, defines their duties and protects their rights. This system needs a deterrent that will deter one from transgressing and encourage one to follow the system, one that carries weight in people’s hearts and prevents them from overstepping its limits. What is this authority? I say that there is no power on earth that can match the power of religion in protecting the sanctity of the system, guaranteeing the coherence of society and the stability of its system, and providing the means of peace and security.

The reason for that is that man differs from all other living beings in that his voluntary actions and dealings are governed by something that can be neither seen nor heard, namely the religious belief that disciplines the heart and guides his faculties. Man is inevitably led by his belief, whether it is sound or corrupt. If his belief is sound, everything else will also be sound, but if it is corrupt then everything else will also be corrupt.
Belief and faith are the two things that regulate man and – as we can see in most cases – they are of two types:
- Belief in the importance of virtue and human dignity, and other abstract values which make noble souls feel ashamed to go against their principles even if they are spared the consequences of physical punishment.
- Belief in Allaah and that He is always watching and knows what is in our hearts, and that He knows secrets and that which is more hidden. The authority of sharee’ah is based on its commands and prohibitions, and makes a person feel shy before Allaah, either out of love for Him, or out of fear of Him, or both. Undoubtedly this type of faith is the stronger of the two and carries more weight in human hearts. It is more able to resist the storms of desire and the upheavals of emotion, and it has more effect on the hearts of the masses and the elite.

For this reason, religion is the best guarantee for ensuring that people will deal with one another on a basis of fairness and justice, and hence it is a social necessity. It comes as no surprise that the relationship of religion to the ummah is like that of the heart to the body. Nowadays we see that there are many religions in the world, and each people has its religion which they cling to. What is the true religion which will fulfil the aspirations of the human soul? What are the guidelines of the true religion?

From al-Islam Usooluhu wa Mabaadi’uhu by Dr. Muhammad ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Saalih al-Suhaym.

For more reading: http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...AskAboutIslamE

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!