/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijra

aadil77
08-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Praise be to Allaah.

Migrating from the land of kufr to a Muslim country is obligatory upon every Muslim who is able to do it; whoever does not migrate when he is able to is wronging himself and is subject to Allaah’s warning of a severe torment. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): “In what (condition) were you?” They reply: “We were weak and oppressed on the earth.” They (angels) say: “Was not the earth of Allaah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?” Such men will find their abode in Hell — what an evil destination!”

[al-Nisa’ 4:97]

In Sunan Abi Dawood (2274) and elsewhere, it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have nothing to do with any Muslim who settles among the mushrikeen.” (A saheeh hadeeth, al-Irwaa’, 5/30).

Ibn Rushd said: It is obligatory, according to the Qur’aan, Sunnah and scholarly consensus, for anyone who becomes Muslim in a kaafir country to migrate from there and settle in a Muslim land, and not to live among the mushrikeen or settle among them. That applies if he is not able to practise his religion openly or he is forced to follow the rulings of kufr.” (al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 4/264)

It says in Mughni al-Muhtaaj (6/54): “If he is not able to practise his religion openly or he fears some tribulation (fitnah), then it is obligatory for him to migrate, whether (the Muslim) is a man or a woman, even if she has no mahram.”

You have a mahram who could take you to a Muslim country, but it is not right for you to come unless you can find a safe place in which to live, such as a community in which Muslim sisters live, or an Islamic center where there is someone who could protect you and take care of you and watch over your religious and worldly affairs so that you will not be exposed to fitnah and loss. If you cannot make any such arrangements, then you are excused, until you can find a safe place, because Allaah has restricted the obligation of migrating (hijrah) to those who are able to do it, and the lack of a place where you will be safe from corruption or loss is included under the heading of not being able. So you are excused for that reason until such a place become available. When such a place become available, then come with your mahram, after which it will be o.k. if you stay without a mahram in that safe place. And Allaah knows best.

With regard to advice, we advise you to adhere to your religion and practise it both outwardly and inwardly as much as you can. Strive to learn the rulings of your religion from sound sources that are based on shar’i evidence. Also strive, so long as you are living in a kaafir country, to convey the call of Islam as much as you can to others, especially non-Muslim women and Muslim women who are negligent about their religion, using the means prescribed in sharee’ah. Note that one of the best means of da’wah is to be a good example yourself, and adhere to the rulings of Islam, and to its noble morals.

We ask Allaah to help you to do good… Ameen.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/22475/hijra

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
08-31-2009, 09:45 AM
Bump!

Is this the majority view?

aadil77
08-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Bump! again

aadil77
08-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Bump! It looks like this topic is hushed up amongst everyone

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
08-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Bump again!1 I want some more info on this

speak up everyone

Uthman
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...pe-hijrah.html

:)

aadil77
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
that was fast, already read that thread thats why I brought this up

zakirs
08-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Isnt this misinterpretation a islamic version of zionism ? Remember Prophet SAW only left mecca when he felt threat to his life and he couldn't follow his religion.In my country there is no clause whatso ever that prohibits me to follow my religion.heck i enjoy more freedom than most muslim countries which assume they are following the right shariah.For me my home lies in my hometown.I guess Allah wouldn't distinguish people on the basis of region but on the basis of imaan and goodwill.

zakirs
08-31-2009, 09:12 PM
“In what (condition) were you?” They reply: “We were weak and oppressed on the earth.”

this is the most important point.I am not oppressed here.

Uthman
08-31-2009, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
that was fast, already read that thread thats why I brought this up
Here are a few other threads. I don't know if they'll help since I've not read them properly myself.

http://www.islamicboard.com/exchange...hirk-kufr.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...use-allah.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...disbelief.html

aadil77
08-31-2009, 10:45 PM
JazakhAllah for those links from that it seems pretty obvious that hijra is obligatory on us

so why are imams, sheikhs, alims and everyone quiet on this issue, shouldn't they be teaching the same thing?

rpwelton
08-31-2009, 11:01 PM
The majority of scholars will say that unless you are actively giving da'wah to the non-Muslims in the land of kufr, or are benefiting the Muslims there with knowledge (or are here for education which cannot be gained elsewhere which is beneficial or for medical treatment) you are obligated to emigrate to the Muslim lands if you have the means to do so.

zakirs
08-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Sorry i havent read those links.. but didn't our beloved prophet muhammad (pbuh) live with non muslims at madina ? .So why is hijra obligatory ? and i belive if its obligatory and all muslims move to muslim countries all those countries would be full of refugee camps and their entire economy destroyed ?

aadil77
09-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Thats why I'm trying to learn more on this^

Rasema
09-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

This is new to me, I have to migrate to a Muslim coutry?

You do get a good reward for hijrah.
I wouldn't mind but If you're unable to...

Salahudeen
09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
At the treasure of time conference Dr Bilal Phillips was talking about this and he said all the Muslims should get together and all move/pupulate to 1 city and make it Muslim land/city

and implement Islam there and once people see how our crime rates, rape rates, theft rates go down they'll start to favor Islam.

I actually think it's a good idea, some 1 said we already have Muslim towns like Bradistan/ bradford but he said not every 1 is really praticing there.

I'm gonna try and buy the treasure of time conference DVD and I'll send that bit 2 you it was really interesting made loads of sense.

He said "Why not?" other communities have done it, the polish have done it why can't Muslim's all populate 1 city and make it Muslim land.

Also I read somewhere that when the prophet peace be upon him migrated to Medina they established their own market place just for the Muslims I think, and the Muslim's were totally dependant upon themselves, for example for every need they had they would go to a Muslim retailer their community was dependant upon itself they could function without the other communities.

Wouldn't it be great if we could do this, if we had our own everything like teachers, doctors, shops.

aadil77
09-01-2009, 11:23 PM
I know what you mean brother but at the end of the day we can't make the gov't muslim or follow shariah, we'll still be living by non-muslim law, still be paying taxes to contribute to the deaths of our brothers/sisters, still be among the fitna of this society etc

I've thought of the dawa'h and spreading islam side of it. It feels odd because muslims here in leicester are well settled and practising, exactly how Dr phillips might have mentioned, here you can find muslims working in every sector, you can get loads of halal meat shops/restaurents/grocery stores, atleast 20+ masjids, madrassas/ academies even our islamic highschool, you get muslim soliciotors, muslims dentists, doctors and all sorts of muslim businesses. It feels weird to think that all of us shouldn't be living here

and jazakhAllah for offering to put up that video

convert
09-01-2009, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Assalamu Alaikum

This is new to me, I have to migrate to a Muslim coutry?

You do get a good reward for hijrah.
I wouldn't mind but If you're unable to...
If there was khalifa, we would be obligated to make hijrah to dar-al-islam. There is no dar-as-islam at the present moment. InshaAllah that will change soon. Make dua for the sincere brothers in Afghanistan and Somalia.

Salahudeen
09-01-2009, 11:24 PM
^ you know Bilal Phillips actually mentioned leicester also.

He said "I hear they've done something similar to this in Leceister, it would be a good place to start if all the Muslims in the UK started migrating there"

aadil77
09-01-2009, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
^ you know Bilal Phillips actually mentioned leicester also.

He said "I hear they've done something similar to this in Leceister, it would be a good place to start if all the Muslims in the UK started migrating there"
lol looks like we're famous, I'd rather leicester stays how it is as well balanced, I'd hate to see some of the scum from places like bradford come and ruin our community

Salahudeen
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
^ lol if we had our own estate agents we could control who buys the houses ;) lool

أبو سليمان عمر
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Asalamu alaykum
there is a differnce in opinion on this matter some say if u can pratice ur deen you may stay if u cant you must leave but hijrah for the sake of Allah is great thing
the other opinion is that it is obligated for a person to do so
Here are 2 fatwas to show the daleel inshallah it will help
When does Hijrah (a believer’s migration to an Islamic land) become necessary?

Fatwa no. (1177):

Q: What is the ruling on a person who worships Allah Alone and associates nothing with Him in worship, yet he is living with communities of disbelievers and is unable to openly declare his Islam, or clarify its objectives, or leave the non-Muslim country where he lives?

A: If the situation is as you have mentioned, then this person is excused for being incapable of leaving the non-Muslim land and fleeing with his religion to a place where he can publicly profess Islam, propagate it and clarify its objectives to others. May Allah pardon his incapacity. However, he should exploit the opportunity of living in a non-Muslim land in calling non-Muslims to embrace Islam secretly. It may be that Allah arranges for him those who will both respond to his call and be a means of support to him. He should also try his best to migrate from this non-Muslim land to a Muslim land whenever the opportunity presents itself. This helps in increasing the number of Muslims and he will be able to share practicing the rites of Islam with them.

On the other hand, Muslims who are able to migrate to Muslim countries, yet prefer to live suppressed or servile in non-believers’ countries at the compromise of their religion are doing wrong to themselves, to their religion and to Muslims on the whole. They are threatened to end up abiding in Hellfire.

( Part No : 2, Page No: 69)

What an evil destination! Allah (may He be Exalted) says (what means):Surah Al-Nisa', 4: 97 Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): “In what (condition) were you?” They reply: “We were weak and oppressed on the earth.” They (angels) say: “Was not the earth of Allâh spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?” Such men will find their abode in Hell - What an evil destination! Surah Al-Nisa', 4: 98 Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way. Surah Al-Nisa', 4: 99 These are they whom Allâh is likely to forgive them, and Allâh is Ever Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and Companions!

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’

Hijrah (a believer's migration to an Islamic land)

( Part No : 12, Page No: 48)

The sixth question of Fatwa No. ( 7150 )

Q 6: what are the conditions of Hijrah according to Islam? what is meant by the following statement of the Prophet (peace be upon him): Worship (of Allah) during the period of widespread turmoil is like emigration towards me. ?

A: Hijrah means leaving the non-Muslim country to a Muslim country, which is obligatory. Allah (may He be Exalted) stated:Surah Al-Nisa', 4: 97 Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): “In what (condition) were you?” ... till His statement:Surah Al-Nisa', 4: 97 Such men will find their abode in Hell - What an evil destination! Commenting on the Ayah (Qur'anic verse), Ibn Kathir said, "This glorious Ayah's general meaning includes all those who reside among non-Muslims while able to emigrate and cannot establish the rites of the religion. Such persons, by remaining are wronging themselves and committing an unlawful act according to scholars' unanimous agreement." End quote.

As for the Hadith stating: Worshiping during the period of widespread turmoil is like emigration towards me, it indicates the superiority of worshipping Allah during times of turmoil and fighting, which is equal in reward to emigration to the Prophet (peace be upon him) undertaken by Muslims of his time to Madinah from the non-Muslim country, i.e. Makkah before the Conquest of Makkah. The Hadith does not mean that Hijrah does not apply to those residing in non-Muslim countries and cannot

( Part No : 12, Page No: 49)

establish the rites of religion among non-Muslims.

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and Companions!

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta

And if you really want to better understand pls go here

aadil77
09-01-2009, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
^ lol if we had our own estate agents we could control who buys the houses ;) lool
yh we have that as well, people buy houses specially in the areas of where mosques are nearby, I think most of the english have moved out of muslim areas just poles living nearby who don't seem to have a problem or any other option lol

we've got muslims in the council who approve planning permission for masjids as well alhamdulillah

Salahudeen
09-01-2009, 11:45 PM
alhamdulilah, you could get the estate agents to make sure they don't sell houses to any 1 who hasn't got a beard lol or doesn't wear hijaab lool j/k is that even possible? lol

zakirs
09-01-2009, 11:59 PM
On the other hand, Muslims who are able to migrate to Muslim countries, yet prefer to live suppressed or servile in non-believers’ countries at the compromise of their religion are doing wrong to themselves, to their religion and to Muslims on the whole. They are threatened to end up abiding in Hellfire.
this is the important point ,. Hijra is to be done only if you are suppressed :| .So please do not say its obligatory without telling about the full situation.IT may cause spreading of wrong information

أبو سليمان عمر
09-02-2009, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
this is the important point ,. Hijra is to be done only if you are suppressed :| .So please do not say its obligatory without telling about the full situation.IT may cause spreading of wrong information
maybe u didnt understand see what u just did someone can do by saaying it is obligated.. u said dont say it is obligated u are taking an opinion of scholars which isnt wrong now on the other hand another person can take the opinion of the other scholars and say it is obligated so what is best to do is present what the difference are even thou u are on a certain opinion other might not be so show the differences and if there is a majority or a correct view show then thiss and let them decide what is stronger to them this is the best way
And ALLAH KNOWS BEST

zakirs
09-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Well in that case majority is not always right :).any way i understand your point :).

:sl:

AhmadibnNasroon
09-02-2009, 05:37 PM
This issue is a lengthy one and it has a lot of differing amongst ahlul 3ilm. One student of knowledge told me you have to be a student of knowledge to fully understand the issue as like other issues such as al hukm bi ghayri ma anzal'Allah, it has a lot of detail so one would have to know the principles in order to fully grasp the rulings.

If there was a dar'ul Islaam, I don't think anyone here would hesitate relocating to it. So I think that says enough. May Allah bless us with such an opportunity.

Rasema
09-06-2009, 03:55 PM
:sl:
"These texts indicate that the basic principle is that the Muslim should not settle among the kuffaar in their countries, and that he is obliged to move from those lands to the Muslim lands. An exception is made from that if his staying there is necessary, but necessity should not be blown out of proportion. If he Muslim has to be with them (the non-Muslims) physically, he should not be with them in his heart, and he must avoid mixing with them unnecessarily"

Very clear.

:wa:

Sampharo
09-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Yes, here is a bit of a breakdown:

Many scholars say that you need to go to Muslim countries and not live in Kafir ones, if you were being persecuted and/or prevented from practicing your religion. That is unable to pray and fast or walk the street wearing muslim clothes without being arrested or attacked. If you are comfortable however and no one is preventing you from praying or fasting, then you are making Dawah just by being a decent person amongst the kuffar, setting an example that some might join Islam because of.

The other group of scholars say you have to make Hijra whether or not you are comfortable as long as you are able to do that. Many of them are highly respected and I do not mean any disrespect when I say this, that none of them however answered the question: Hijra WHERE?!

Saudi? The visa procedures of living there is practical impossibility, as one friend said "I think it'll be easier to go to heaven than go to Saudi!". Yes you can make Haj, and maybe have a friend who sponsors you on a month's visit, but living there is a totally different ball game.
GCC countries? You have to get a job first and satisfy continuous employment requirements and if you ever lose the job you are immediately deported.
Other muslim countries? Some have visa problems as well, but almost al of them reserve their jobs and support system to born citizens and have no naturalization process, aside from them being pseudo muslim governments to start with, where some "muslim" countries are harsher on its pious muslim populations that USA ever have been.

So yes, I am so happy to do hijra. Saudi Arabia, can I please can I have a hijra visa? Helloooo :heated:

syilla
09-11-2009, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnPhilip
This issue is a lengthy one and it has a lot of differing amongst ahlul 3ilm. One student of knowledge told me you have to be a student of knowledge to fully understand the issue as like other issues such as al hukm bi ghayri ma anzal'Allah, it has a lot of detail so one would have to know the principles in order to fully grasp the rulings.

If there was a dar'ul Islaam, I don't think anyone here would hesitate relocating to it. So I think that says enough. May Allah bless us with such an opportunity.
yes...its true...

and another thing is the definition of a muslim country. Some ulama' says if the country used to be a muslim country it is still consider as a muslim country for example spain.

and yeah...its lengthy.... you sure won't get the answer here...huhuhu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.