/* */

PDA

View Full Version : calligraphy..any ideas?? help!

penartist
08-19-2009, 09:55 PM
salaam my brothers and sisters!!!

im looking for a calligraphy course or classes to attend...im even willing to leave work for a short amount of time ( maybe up to 6 months) to go and attend the course within the UK or abroad....any ideas??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HumbleServant
08-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Salaam,

Travel to Egypt!! Diwan Centre have a good calligraphy course.. if u have the time and money to spare its defo worth doing it there. Thats where i studied it and given the approporiate timing you can learn alot.
Theres many other centres there as well that teach it. Im not sure of any places closer to home sorry sis :D

penartist
08-19-2009, 11:12 PM
thank you soo much- ive just googled it and it looks like they have a huge institution for those wanting to learn Arabic too...am i on the right lines there??

HumbleServant
08-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Yup sis! Lol. aldiwancenter.com

Having said that some people think this partic center can have ridiculous prices which is kind of true if compared with other places. but there are loads of places to study callig/arabic in cairo, places that are a lot cheaper too, its all dependent on your budget as well. and likewise im assuming in other countries there will be loads of places if anybody else can recommend?

al diwans worth checking out though. They could also try to help you with accomodation as well.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
penartist
01-25-2010, 12:42 AM
is anyone Turkish here or knows Turkey well...i've been researching institutions that can teach calligraphy in Turkey but im finding that a lot of the teaching is done informally one to one and i dont want that...i want to attend a proper structured class and pref in English

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.