/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

Rasema
08-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

I've read in the basics of Islam that it is forbidden to pay to someone to sacrifice an animal for you. Is this true?
Because my imam says that it isn't.
My culture also pays to others so that they recite the Qur'an for the dead etc..

Is this permitted?

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rasema
08-20-2009, 12:23 AM
I know someone knows the answer!!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 12:28 AM
:sl:

Sis are u pakistani? I know my mom does that...i.e. get someone from back home to slaughter an animal on our behalf...

Rasema
08-20-2009, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven

Sis are u pakistani? I know my mom does that...i.e. get someone from back home to slaughter an animal on our behalf...
:statisfie I'm Bosnian which is in Europe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 01:38 AM
Oh ok Loool. My bad :p

Rasema
08-20-2009, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Oh ok Loool. My bad :p
My bad about what?
No! I wish I was from Pakistan.
I'm not really proud of my country.

ardianto
08-20-2009, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema

I've read in the basics of Islam that it is forbidden to pay to someone to sacrifice an animal for you. Is this true?
My culture also pays to others so that they recite the Qur'an for the dead etc..

Is this permitted?

Thank you
Do you mean sacrifice an animal in eidul adha or aqeeqah ?.
I never slaughter an animal with my hand, but I always pay someone.
This is not forbidden.

Ramadhan
08-20-2009, 09:48 AM

Is this permitted?

Thank you
In Indonesia, it is quite common to invite neighbors and often strangers to attend an evening function to read together QS Yaasin and to lead prayer for the dead family member. This event takes place on the 7th, 40th and 1000th night after the day the person died.
This event is called "Tahlilan"
Many scholars think it's bid'ah and many believe that it was actually derived from the Hindu tradition of remembering the dead on certain nights.

Rasema
08-20-2009, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Do you mean sacrifice an animal in eidul adha or aqeeqah ?.
I never slaughter an animal with my hand, but I always pay someone.
This is not forbidden.
Do we have any sharia evidence that it is permitted to pay to others so that they do it.

What we do is just pay to someone and they do everything. We don't even see the animal.

Yes, Iam talking about Eid al duha. Though we do it for the dead. For example, as if they sacrificed an animal when it actally was the person who payed for it.

zakirs
08-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Ah i know this .. you are giving sacrifice on behalf of your dead relatives using your money right? .. i had this same doubt

ardianto
08-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Do we have any sharia evidence that it is permitted to pay to others so that they do it.

What we do is just pay to someone and they do everything. We don't even see the animal.
- Order someone to buy an animal and send it as qurban animal in masjid in your area but you never see the animal ?.
No one says this is forbidden.

- Send a money to someone in other area for buy an animal and sacrifice it in other area ?.
I.e. you are in Europe and that animal in Asia.
- Although some scholars say this is haram, many scholar say this is allowed but not suggested, because value of Qurban is more than share a meat to the poors. There are sunnah in Qurban, if this animal is not in your area those values will be erased and this Qurban is similar as sadaqah.

Yes, Iam talking about Eid al duha. Though we do it for the dead. For example, as if they sacrificed an animal when it actally was the person who payed for it.
- Collective Qurban.
One family buy a cow as Qurban animal for seven person. In this case one person has died and six persons are still alive.
This is allowed.

- Requested by dead person.
Someone made a request "After I am die, use my money for buy a Qurban animal and sacrifice that animal under my name". After this someone has died, the family buy an animal and sacrifice it in eidul adha under the name of this dead person. This is valid and allowed.

- Initiative of another person.
In example, a son take an ainitiative to buy an animal and sacrifice this animal under the name of his dad who has passed away without request from his dad. Scholars say this is bid'ah.

afzalaung
08-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Salaamaleykum
in my opinion, there should be no problem with hiring someone to do it for us.
IN fact, my family always pays someone back home (where there are more poors) to do the slaughterings. I dont see any reason why it should be forbidden. Intention is pure and its there.
Plus, I think for city folks, it will be extremely inconvenient to personally do the slaughtering ourselves.

However, i know its much better and beneficial if we buy the slaughter animal days in advance, and bond with that animal..before sacrificing it. Hence, it will not only be sacrifice of money, but also a sacrifice of something you love, an emotional sacrifice. Fully reenacting the sacrifice of Nabi Ismael a.s. by Nabi Ibrahim as.

Ramisa
08-21-2009, 03:54 AM
Our family pays the local halal butcher to sacriface the animal on our name..come to think of it most of us do..and neither does the butcher reject the offer due to this reason...so according to that it could be,because here in the foreign,how can normal people like us slaughter the animal? I am sure you would be sued if that was the case.
If you can ask a scholar inshallah,I will be interested in the reply to see if it is allowed or not in Islam.

:w:

Rasema
08-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Wa Alaiku Muselam

I guess they consider it to be an addition to Islam.

- Initiative of another person.
In example, a son take an ainitiative to buy an animal and sacrifice this animal under the name of his dad who has passed away without request from his dad. Scholars say this is bid'ah.

I see, if it's requested by a person who is dead it is permissable, if not, it isn't.

My people still do it.

Send a money to someone in other area for buy an animal and sacrifice it in other area ?.
I.e. you are in Europe and that animal in Asia.
- Although some scholars say this is haram, many scholar say this is allowed but not suggested, because value of Qurban is more than share a meat to the poors. There are sunnah in Qurban, if this animal is not in your area those values will be erased and this Qurban is similar as sadaqah.

I'll inshAllah check with Hanafi scholars about this one.

You don't have to answer this question. Some people go to imams because they THINK they're sick because someone cursed them. They think that, but, in reality it could be just helth problems. An imam gives them some scripture on a paper. I don't know if it's the Qur'an or a dua but I don't think that this is permitted?

Rasema
08-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh, thank you for your time. May Allah,spw, reward you.

ardianto
08-21-2009, 05:08 PM
You don't have to answer this question. Some people go to imams because they THINK they're sick because someone cursed them. They think that, but, in reality it could be just helth problems. An imam gives them some scripture on a paper. I don't know if it's the Qur'an or a dua but I don't think that this is permitted?
Same as some people in my country.
They use this scripture on paper as amulet for protect them from black magic.
Is this permitted ?. I don't think use an amulet is permitted in Islam.

zakirs
08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
yes they are not permitted. :)

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Islam-947...weez-islam.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.