/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to move...

Hafswa
08-20-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm glad to be back on the forum after about a months break :statisfie
I moved to Australia-Perth :D from Africa this year in July. The adjustment was really fast and exciting other than the fact that I came here when winter was just beginning.

I couldn't comprehend the temperatures after being all warm and fuzzy back at home. I got used to that but now the numbness that I felt with all the excitement and thrill of moving, beign an independent lady, persuing my Master degree etc is quickly fading simple because I need to deal with so many problems that I "ran away" from. Some of these include being self reliant where I was doing extremely very well but I was still so dependant on my mum, learning to let go of emotional ties that are a never ending loop of disappointments and ultimately reflecting them on my self worth.

Do you think that moving away or rather starting a fresh really does provide a new approach to life at all?

I would love to hear what you have to say.

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
08-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Do you think that moving away or rather starting a fresh really does provide a new approach to life at all?
yes. depends on why one has left as well, i would think...

glo
08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
I think it can be a new start ... but like you say, Hafswa, unresolved problems have a nasty habit of following you ...

How are you enjoying Australia?

Hafswa
08-21-2009, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
yes. depends on why one has left as well, i would think...
Thanks for the response.

I left for a new challenge... and boy is it a real one. Now I'm doubting if i was cut for his :-)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hafswa
08-21-2009, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I think it can be a new start ... but like you say, Hafswa, unresolved problems have a nasty habit of following you ...

How are you enjoying Australia?
I definately have to deal with them now before I become intolerant to everything.

It's great so far, I really like how everyone is willing to help and assist in any way possible, life is laid back on the western side which is a relief.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.