View Full Version : A-Level Results 2009

Uthman
08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
:salamext:

How did we do? :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
08-20-2009, 10:29 AM
I never understood that A/O level concepts. Either way, I hope everyone did well, Insha'Allah!

To me, they sound like Harry Potter. You know.. "O.W.L.S." etc.

GuestFellow
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I passed o__O

I did AS level:

AS Statistics: B
AS Business Studies: B
AS Psychology: A
AS Law: A

I was surprised when I recieved the results...well one thing is for sure I am not going to continue up to A Level. >_> Too much hard work, stress and headaches. Plus I hate Statistics, Business Studies and Psychology.

Pk_#2
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I passed o__O

I did AS level:

I was surprised when I recieved the results...well one thing is for sure I am not going to continue up to A Level. >_> Too much hard work, stress and headaches. Plus I hate Statistics, Business Studies and Psychology.
MashaAllaah,

That's excellent, what a genius! Well done Guestfellow,

Keep it up, do NOT give up.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
08-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Masha'Allah! Well done Guestfellow!

Beardo
08-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Masha'Allah!! Takbeer!

GuestFellow
08-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks!

aadil77
08-20-2009, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Masha'Allah!! Takbeer!
AllahuAkbar!

anyone else?

aadil77
08-20-2009, 02:38 PM
s
Thanks!
work your socks off next year, do any retakes you want in jan and june so you don't end up regretting it like me and other ppl this year

GuestFellow
08-20-2009, 05:09 PM
^ Hmmm

I'm not interested in completing my A Level or going University. I want to become a Legal Executive (lawyer) and I don't need a degree. During my AS year I decided to apply for the ILEX law course starting this September. I completed my AS exams to be exempted from doing number of law exams.

The traditional route to become a lawyer is too expensive and risky. =/ Plus I want to work as soon as possible to support my parents.

unknown_JJ
08-20-2009, 06:05 PM
MashAllah bro

aadil77
08-20-2009, 07:04 PM

The traditional route to become a lawyer is too expensive and risky. =/ Plus I want to work as soon as possible to support my parents.
Probably alot less stress as well and I think you'll get all your fees paid for as well? go for it akhi InshAllah with those intentions Allah will grant you success, I have to do the same so I'm gonna start gettin some experience to make it easier to get a job straight out of uni

GuestFellow
08-20-2009, 08:22 PM
^Yeah the employer should pay all the fees.

Yeah it is wise to get some experience. Inshallah you will get a job with ease. Good luck!

Banu_Hashim
08-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I think you should go for the traditional route and get an LLB. More opportunities are open for you that way. But it's your choice at the end of the day.

Far7an
08-21-2009, 03:42 PM
:sl:

Well done GuestFellow! You did very well masha'Allah. Uthman also did very well masha'Allah. Three As in his results :).

May Allaah bless both of you, grant you more success in this world and the hereafter.

May Allaah protect you both from the evil eye.

aadil77
08-21-2009, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

Well done GuestFellow! You did very well masha'Allah. Uthman also did very well masha'Allah. Three As in his results :).
three A's alhamdulillah :shade:

so where did you apply bro uthman, oxford?

and what course?

GuestFellow
08-21-2009, 04:07 PM

May Allaah bless both of you, grant you more success in this world and the hereafter.

Thanks.

Mashallah 3 As! Congratulations Uthman!

Beardo
08-21-2009, 04:08 PM
21 August 2009

The Muslim News Press Release

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/index/press.php?pr=264

I was Inspired by my grandfather, says 8 A-level boy

An 18-year old Muslim boy on north-east England has passed no less than eight A-levels, including six A grades in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, History, Critical Thinking, and Urdu and two B’s in Arabic and Religious Studies.

Ibrahim Khan, who has also memorised the Qur’an, said he was inspired by his grandfather, a historian who recently passed away, and encouraged by his parents to study from an early age due to the importance Islam puts on gaining knowledge.

For more details on the story visit the link above.

GuestFellow
08-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Alhamdulillah

8 A level! What a genius.

Ibrahim said that he was “very pleased” with his results although “slightly disappointed with the B in Arabic” being one of three subjects, along with Urdu and Religious Studious, which were self-taught. “I merely did my best, then I left the rest up to God to decide.”
._. B in Arabic is excellent.

Uthman
08-21-2009, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
so where did you apply bro uthman, oxford?

and what course?
Not Oxford. ;D

Manchester Insha'Allah doing Computer Science and Maths. Alhamdulillah I was accepted.

Some of my friends (not Muslims) applied to Oxford though and got in! I'm really pleased for them.

Ameen! JazakAllah Khayr Far7an.

Uthman
08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Wow that's an amazing story bro Rashad! May Allah bless our brother Ibrahim Khan and grant him yet more success.

unknown_JJ
08-21-2009, 06:18 PM
wowwwww mashallah, i didnt do so well in my a level dayz lol

GuestFellow
08-21-2009, 06:35 PM
^ I was close to failing my AS levels. I failed AS statistics mock exam twice both Grade U.... :/

Najm
08-21-2009, 08:21 PM
^ Hmmm

I'm not interested in completing my A Level or going University. I want to become a Legal Executive (lawyer) and I don't need a degree. During my AS year I decided to apply for the ILEX law course starting this September. I completed my AS exams to be exempted from doing number of law exams.

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

As a former Law student, i would recommend ILEX!! You avoid student debt, earn while you work and still end as a lawyer. At the climate we are in, IT IS indeed very cost effective.

MarshaAllah on the grades. Wheres the sweets?? :embarrass

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

GuestFellow
08-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Asslamu Alikum

I hate all of them. >: )

Bub
08-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I passed o__O

I did AS level:

Masha'Allah!!! Ur genius!! Masha'Allah, unlike me. My AS photography is a D actually in the letter said its pass?? im sooo shocked when i received the letter in few hours ago bec i wasnt work too hard, actually i was so lazy, i always surt the internet espically here, not listen to teacher, slept in lesson so many times. I expected to get a U anyway well done after!! U should celebrate it!;D

ibrahim khan
08-22-2009, 08:15 AM
salaam people,
if anyone wants any advice about A levels and uni applications etc...then feel free to send me a message. after all, the duaa doesnt go "allahumma aazil ibrahim" but "allahumma aazil islama wal muslimeen"

sudais1
08-22-2009, 04:22 PM
is this a joke ;D

ibrahim khan
08-24-2009, 10:41 AM
lol. no.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.