/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A query about Istikharah..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 12:59 PM
:sl:

I have a question about istikharah. From what I know, istikharah refers to seeking guidance from Allah(swt) on issues. As far as I know, that's the correct way.
I had some "Imam saying to read Istikharah, but without it's du'a for 3 nights straight and then you will "see" who has done "black magic" on you.

I didn't buy any of it right then and there. How can you do Istikharah without the du'a? And wat he said doesn't fit in the category of Istikharah. It doesnt make sense at all, sounds really odd..

Is it wrong what he said?

JazakAllah Khair in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramisa
08-20-2009, 10:32 PM

You need a scholar to solve this issue. But here are the things I am confused about regarding that Imams saying. First of,how can you 'see' who has done black magic on you? Secondly,Istikarah prayer is the concept of praying for the guidance and asking dua,if thats so then how can an Ishtikarah prayer be complete without you making dua?

Some side questions: How well do you know this Imam? Can you ask another local Imam regarding these questions to see if that Imam has said anything authentic or not?

Allah knows the best.

Tony
08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Sister I dont mean to sound disrespectful but this is Islam not a harry potter film, black magic is of no consequance to an active muslim surely.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Lol no offense taken akhi. I'm just asking. I already know it's nonsense...makes me wonder how much ignorance is prevalent. I know this is completely ridiculous and that this is NOT Istikharah. Astaghfirullah. I already know what Istikharah is for alhamdulillah.

Allahu Must'aan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.