/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding 72 virgins...

Blackpool
08-20-2009, 04:05 PM
It is said that a martyr will be rewarded with 72 virgins in the afterlife. This is supposedly "paradise" but what about the female muslims? I very much doubt they'll want 72 virgins... :hmm: Is there a different reward for them or does it also apply to muslim women?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
08-20-2009, 04:08 PM
72 shopping partners who never tire of the endless search for the perfect pair of shoes (joke)

S_87
08-20-2009, 04:51 PM
The needs and pleasures of a woman are different to that of a man...

zakirs
08-20-2009, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
72 shopping partners who never tire of the endless search for the perfect pair of shoes (joke)
:sl:

yes! and people who can write loads and loads of poems for them and may be a zillion chocolates ?

(another joke)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
08-20-2009, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
It is said that a martyr will be rewarded with 72 virgins in the afterlife. This is supposedly "paradise" but what about the female muslims? I very much doubt they'll want 72 virgins... :hmm: Is there a different reward for them or does it also apply to muslim women?
Paradise is a place where you will always be happy , whatever you wish will be with you :)

Rasema
08-20-2009, 04:58 PM
A hadeeth which says:
In heaven, there are things no eye has ever seen, things no ear has ever heard, and things that no human being has ever thought of. Notice that this doesn't apply to any of the things you have mentioned. Therefore, trying to understand this issue by using the same criteria that we use in this life is a vain attempt.
The second one is the Hadith in which the prophet told us that the thing people enjoy most in heaven is seeing Allah.

cat eyes
08-20-2009, 05:35 PM
the woman will get everything equal to the man.. it is clear to see in the holy qur'an the woman always asks that question that will we get male virgins and the anser is yes we will, from every knowledgeable scholar and these male servants will be attending to our needs, bringig us food and everything like this and they will also have big beautiful eyes..what you think there will be only woman virgins in paradise:statisfie no sis..

Karl
08-22-2009, 04:58 AM
I think paradise is a spiritual dimension. Our flesh and mortal weaknesses will be left behind. We can be what ever we want to be and have what ever we want forever.
This can only be possible if we are transformed from organic matter to pure energy like the Angels or Demons. Allah loves both or they would never have been.

This is only a theory please don't delete 'cos it may not be perfectly in sink with the Holy Koran, remember that Allah has been around for ages. The Koran is basically the latest journal of Holy Books. He will not give us all the knowledge as we homonids (humans) are genetically a stones throw away from an ape. Maybe more advanced beings on other worlds have greater knowledge given to their Prophets. Who knows I like to keep an open mind.

Salahudeen
08-22-2009, 05:09 AM
hehe no need to use the toilet in Jannah no matter how much you eat and drink ;D that's great I think. stuff yourself all day without the need of getting up to go toilet.

just out of curiosity, what is the source for this 72 virgins that we get in Jannah?? is it mentioned in the Qur'an or any hadiths??

جوري
08-22-2009, 05:58 AM

How many women have you recycled through in your mortal short life thus far?
I don't want to address (paradise) since it is an unknown entity of pure bliss (for believing men and women) but I'd like an honest response, as I am fazed by some of critics especially the christian holier than thou sort who have gone through at least 20 women in a 30 year span and then come question the earnings of one for all eternity!

جوري
08-22-2009, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
I think paradise is a spiritual dimension. .
Paradise is physical.. and I don't agree with some of the other stuff you'd posted, however, it is Ramadan and we should use it for 3ibadah..

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
08-22-2009, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
How many women have you recycled through in your mortal short life thus far?
I don't want to address (paradise) since it is an unknown entity of pure bliss (for believing men and women) but I'd like an honest response, as I am fazed by some of critics especially the christian holier than thou sort who have gone through at least 20 women in a 30 year span and then come question the earnings of one for all eternity!
lol...its makes you wonder, doesnt it...

Rasema
08-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Assalamu Alikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

Paradise is something we don't know about,except of that that was mentioned in the Qur'an and the hadeeth. So lets not talk about it.

Again,
A hadeeth which says:
In heaven, there are things no eye has ever seen, things no ear has ever heard, and things that no human being has ever thought of. Notice that this doesn't apply to any of the things you have mentioned. Therefore, trying to understand this issue by using the same criteria that we use in this life is a vain attempt.
The second one is the Hadith in which the prophet told us that the thing people enjoy most in heaven is seeing Allah.

Azy
08-22-2009, 02:13 PM
If it's so amazing beyond imagination then why is the best advertisement that God himself could come up with is the overtly materialistic and sexual reward of bejeweled mansions staffed by thousands of servants and dozens of virgins.

Rasema
08-22-2009, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azy
If it's so amazing beyond imagination then why is the best advertisement that God himself could come up with is the overtly materialistic and sexual reward of bejeweled mansions staffed by thousands of servants and dozens of virgins.

Learn who God is.

I told you about paradise.

The way your brain puts it, should not be compared to paradise.

As for why, because that is what humans can understand.What! you want God to tell you you'll have what you don't want????

Paradise is suppose to be something that appeals to humans. But,they're all(things in paradise) far greater and should not be comaperd to this world.

Yusuf Saeed
08-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Good muslims having pure and beautiful wives or husbands in Jannah is just one part of it.

The most important is that Heaven is a place of eternal bliss and happiness. People will be in a wonderful state that bares no comparison to this largely materialistic world. All those who will enter it will be in peace there with no wordly worries or troubles.

جوري
08-22-2009, 04:43 PM

The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, told us that within Paradise are things that no eyes have ever seen, nor ears have ever heard, and that things in it are beyond our imagination and comprehension!.. However, in order to describe it in terms that regular earth folks would understand, it is described as having the things that that people love most of this world in fact unless you are an absolute asexual hypocrite, people enjoy sex, and mansions and virgins!
No one says, when I finally get to heaven, I want a beaten used and damaged goods of a woman or a man and to live in a squalid overcrowded apartment in the poorest part of town!

Something to ponder..

I'll ignore your other comment in observance of the holy month!

all the best

Blackpool
08-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Ok so you get 72 virgins as a reward. Surely your husband or wife would disaprove of this? Would you then reject God's gifts? I know I got married I wouldn't dream of taking 72 virgins. I'd keep my wife... :hmm:

zakirs
08-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok so you get 72 virgins as a reward. Surely your husband or wife would disaprove of this? Would you then reject God's gifts? I know I got married I wouldn't dream of taking 72 virgins. I'd keep my wife... :hmm:
I guess everybody would be for himself after death

Blackpool
08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
I guess everybody would be for himself after death
Well that sucks. I picture the afterlife as a better place for you and the family. Love can be a powerful feeling and I would rather stay/keep my wife than have me/her go with 72 virgins :hmm: I'd like to live as a family in the spiritual world too.

aamirsaab
08-22-2009, 08:13 PM
That's fine, you can keep your wife (provided of course she wants to do the same); the point of any reward mentioned in paradise is simply enticement.

If I am selling you lemonade, I'm going to make out like it is the greatest thirst-quencher you have ever tasted and I am going to convince you in a language you would understand - I'm not going to describe my lemonade tastes like Klingon hair-gel, because you wouldn't understand that at all (plus, if you do, you'd probably throw up; Klingon hair-gel?!). It's the same concept with Paradise; the rewards are in a language you can understand.

Yusuf Saeed
08-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Well that sucks. I picture the afterlife as a better place for you and the family. Love can be a powerful feeling and I would rather stay/keep my wife than have me/her go with 72 virgins I'd like to live as a family in the spiritual world too.
In islam people who are righteous themselves and have a righteous wife or a husband in this wordly life will stay together also in the hereafter.

Rasema
08-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Who said that you would get a gift in the first place.Not everyone gets this much woman.

Wow, In paradise all of our hatred and jelousy will be removed.

I know that there are different levels in paradise.Let me paste some things.

Imagine you throw a ring in the desert and then compare the size of the ring to the desert. The ring would be the lowest heaven and the desert would be the second heaven.

There are Seven Heavens which are below Paradise.

That what we call Outer Space or Universe is the First Heaven. Above this Universe there is another Universe which is the Second Heaven.

All the human beings, jinn, and animals will be summoned on the day of judgment. When the nations go to Jannah over the Bridge the Prophets will lead them. Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassallam is the leader of mankind, therefore he will be the first who enters through the gate of Jannah. The people of Musa will be led by Musa alayhissalam. Prophet Hud alayhissalam will lead his nation to paradise and so on.

In the Lower Ranks of Jannah we are going to be allowed to see the Face of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala once a week, but in Jannatul-Firdaws we are going to be allowed to view the Face of Allah twice a day.

There are altogether Eight Gates. Going through any of these gates is wonderful, but these eight gates are special gates. One gate is called Ar Rayaan and noone enters through this gate except those who fast a lot.

The gates do not necessarily have anything to do with the levels in Paradise or what status you have in Jannah.

there are eight gates from where we can enter Jannah. Those who enter Jannah will go through one of them. Some will be permitted to enter through all eight gates. We don't know how these gates look like, but expect them to look like the gates we know in this world.

Firdaus are the top levels in paradise. Paradise/Jannah has many levels. Altogether there are two sections the upper one is Jannatul-Firdaws

جوري
08-22-2009, 08:32 PM
why are we speaking with such candidness as if we know what awaits in paradise?
You'll be blissfully happy (should you get there)
Also, I really fail to see how this affects any non-believer?.. focus on the happiness attained in this world!

all the best

Rasema
08-22-2009, 08:53 PM
The things you'll lose in paradise are:

Hatred - you will no longer have hatred in your heart. You have beaten the game of life, and now you are reaping the rewards...forever. There's no more steps, you will never face hardships again. Nothing can hurt you anymore, literally. Allah knows best.

Sadness - You will forget how it feels to be sad. You know how we were all born, but none of us remember the first let's say 3 years of our lives whatsoever? You KNOW it happened, you KNOW you must've felt pain and hunger and other stuff...but you can't remember it at all. I think this is how we will remember sadness. We will say "I used to be sad once...I know it's a fact but I just can't remember it anymore...and I really don't care to remember it" Sadness will be a vague thing of the past. Allah knows best.

Pain - As you probably know, pain is a thing of the past in Heaven insha'Allah. I think it will be just like sadness. We will do stuff that should cause pain and we will remember "this used to cause me pain back on Earth...I wonder how that used to feel like..."

Jealousy - Yes there will be levels in Heaven. Of course, Prophet Muhammad (IMG:http://www.gawaher.com/style_emoticons/default/s.gif) will have the highest place in Jannah, and well-deserved! From my understanding, and Allah knows best, the higher you go in Jannah, the more pleasure it is. Everything is just better. Dunno how to explain it, and I can't anyway...but just leave it simply that the higher you go the better it is. But the lowest person in Paradise won't be jealous of the people above. He is content with what he has and he will KNOW for certain that Allah is the Most Just of Judges, and He gave everyone what they deserved. So we will all personally realize that THIS is what I deserved because of my deeds on Earth, and Allah hasn't judged wrongly or given me too little. I have eternal bliss, why should I want what someone else has? They worked for it back on Earth, and they got it. I got what I worked for, and I couldn't ask for a breath more. And trust me, the lowest person in Heaven will be happier (for eternity!! lol) than every single happy thought of every single happy person to ever live on Earth from day 1 till the Day of Judgement.

I can go on and on...lol

zakirs
08-22-2009, 08:59 PM
why are we speaking with such candidness as if we know what awaits in paradise?
You'll be blissfully happy (should you get there)
Also, I really fail to see how this affects any non-believer?.. focus on the happiness attained in this world!

all the best
seconded and what reward is greater than meeting the lord himself.i would die a million times for that.

S_87
08-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Well that sucks. I picture the afterlife as a better place for you and the family. Love can be a powerful feeling and I would rather stay/keep my wife than have me/her go with 72 virgins :hmm: I'd like to live as a family in the spiritual world too.
Paradise is like nothin on earth, what no eye has seen no ear has heard and no mind can think of. A husband and wife can be together in paradise :wub: but mans desire is different.

not every man will have 72 hoors. This is something promised for the Shaheeh/martyr. The minimum is 2.

Paradise is a place of pleasure not jealousy and hatred. A woman will not be jealous of her husband as women are in this world.

Najm
08-23-2009, 12:22 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

The paradise topics make my eyes dilate:statisfie. Paradise is simply a perfect place with perfect people with perfect characteristics

For me, ill decide what i want when i get there inshaAllah

Anyways what is more important than wanting this........is avoiding hellfire altogether.

May Allah protect us from the fire. Allahumma Ameen.

FiAmaaniAllah

Tony
08-23-2009, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

The paradise topics make my eyes dilate:statisfie. Paradise is simply a perfect place with perfect people with perfect characteristics

For me, ill decide what i want when i get there inshaAllah

Anyways what is more important than wanting this........is avoiding hellfire altogether.

May Allah protect us from the fire. Allahumma Ameen.

FiAmaaniAllah

Ameen

Ummu Sufyaan
08-23-2009, 06:38 AM
whose to say that he wouldn't either?

Rebel
08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
A woman will not be jealous of her husband as women are in this world.
Hard to believe :hmm:

Malaikah
08-23-2009, 12:20 PM
There is no evil in Paradise. There is only good, and all of those who enter Paradise will be purified of any ill feelings they may have. There is no jealously, there is no hatred, or anger or ill-will. There is only good.

Azy
08-23-2009, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Who said that you would get a gift in the first place.Not everyone gets this much woman.
"It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham 'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard the Prophet Muhammad PBUH saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a."
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
If I am selling you lemonade, I'm going to make out like it is the greatest thirst-quencher you have ever tasted and I am going to convince you in a language you would understand ... It's the same concept with Paradise; the rewards are in a language you can understand.
I think selling something so multifaceted is a little different from selling something like lemonade. There would be so many ways to describe the varied and fantastic slendour of Jannah but when pressed for details we get the rather one-dimensional answer of "loads of women who will have sex with you and a phat pad (large abode)", as if we're watching an episode of MTV cribs.

Take Thailand for instance, when you peruse the travel brochure do you expect to read "We've got the best hookers around, with the tightest you-know-whats.", or do you think that perhaps there is a little more on offer?
However, in order to describe it in terms that regular earth folks would understand, it is described as having the things that that people love most of this world in fact unless you are an absolute asexual hypocrite, people enjoy sex, and mansions and virgins! No one says, when I finally get to heaven, I want a beaten used and damaged goods of a woman or a man and to live in a squalid overcrowded apartment in the poorest part of town!
Presumably there isn't a poor part of town in Jannah, so I don't see that the size and location of your 'apartment' matters, or even why you would need or want a mansion in paradise, let alone one that is 500 miles across. I find the idea of having servants repugnant. Where do they even come from, does Allah create 80,000 new humans in situ for each person so that they can spend all eternity in bondage?

Although obviously I do enjoy sex, it is not the be all and end all of my existence and certainly not something I would consider as an advert for paradise. I'm also not sure about your assertion that all people enjoy virgins... good sex isn't just a matter of finding someone with an intact hymen and bashing away at it.

There is also the question of how much of a reward limitless sex really is when it is God who implanted the desire for it within us in the first place. The closest analogy I can think of is a pusher who gets people addicted to narcotics in order that they come back to him for satisfaction.

The last thing that crossed my mind was "What's the point from God's perspective?". Presumably he was around for a while sorting out the creation, then watches how it pans out, but for what? Is the omnipotent creator of all things then going to spend eternity pandering to humanity's base desires, does he have nothing better to do? It all sounds to me incredibly egotistical on man's part (and when I say man, I mean men).

جوري
08-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Presumably there isn't a poor part of town in Jannah, so I don't see that the size and location of your 'apartment' matters, or even why you would need or want a mansion in paradise, let alone one that is 500 miles across. I find the idea of having servants repugnant. Where do they even come from, does Allah create 80,000 new humans in situ for each person so that they can spend all eternity in bondage?
There is no reasonable assumption when it comes to heaven, thus I fail to see how you can have the 50,000 word essay about what lies within?.. If it were described in completely oblique terms, then what is there to look forward to and you'd whine as you so often do for lack of clarity what does this mean, what does that mean.. well if we knew what there was it wouldn't be paradise would it?.. if you can't relate to any of it then what is the point of a brief description? if it is described in some terms you understand then it will obviously compass the best this life has to offer and again, you have something to dislike because it is just your nature to be contentious. .. either way I don't see how it is of any concern to you given that you neither believe in God nor a here after..You'd rather perhaps there was no here after or that you'd hang around as a smidgen of consciousness for all eternity or be nothing rather than have a decent blissful life you are certainly free to think what may. .. Are you trying to point our attention to something you find repugnant or simply unable to comprehend what was written?.. ' in Paradise, in which there are pleasures which no eyes have seen, no ears have heard and no heart has ever contemplated'
Although obviously I do enjoy sex, it is not the be all and end all of my existence and certainly not something I would consider as an advert for paradise. I'm also not sure about your assertion that all people enjoy virgins... good sex isn't just a matter of finding someone with an intact hymen and bashing away at it.
There is nothing to suggest that sex is all there is in paradise, see previous paragraph(s) you either take all that is written as it done with the same authority or don't comment all together.. as for virginity again nothing to do with bashing hymens given the many hymen free virgins out there.. I think Dr. Henry Makow, summed it up nicely:
The bikinied American beauty queen struts practically naked in front of millions on TV. A feminist, she belongs to herself. In practice, paradoxically, she is public property. She belongs to no one and everyone. She shops her body to the highest bidder. She is auctioning herself all of the time.
In America, the cultural measure of a woman’s value is her sex appeal. (As this asset depreciates quickly, she is neurotically obsessed with appearance and plagued by weight problems.)
As an adolescent, her role model is Britney Spears, a singer whose act approximates a strip tease. From Britney, she learns that she will be loved only if she gives sex. Thus, she learns to “hook up” rather than to demand patient courtship and true love. As a result, dozens of males know her before her husband does. She loses her innocence, which is a part of her charm. She becomes hardened and calculating. Unable to love, she is unfit to receive her husband’s

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/532/
Most honorable people prefer virginity for it implies much more than a simple piece of tissue (whether men or women), not for the physical aspect of impaling someone and taking pleasure in deflowering them. Rather for the bond it creates between lovers, knowing one hasn't been had by every creature before finally conceding their surrender before it is too late for them to enjoy the psychological and physiological benefits of having a proper family unit... and I think if you searched yourself beyond the superficial you'd find that, that is not untrue in your case.. for what man or woman, wants to know that her life partner and lover has been had by everyone before their own courtship? Youth, spring, beauty, character, companionship, nature are the best this life has to offer and thus in the brief description of the hereafter, we are told that such we'll also have along that which no mind can comprehend!

There is also the question of how much of a reward limitless sex really is when it is God who implanted the desire for it within us in the first place. The closest analogy I can think of is a pusher who gets people addicted to narcotics in order that they come back to him for satisfaction.
Your analogies are as infirm and decrepit as your entire thought process, and I can only cast it as I would an angry impotent who in order to makeup for his lack of virility casts the whole act of intimacy as an abomination, a beautiful temperate spring day as horrifying just a reaction formation to hide your own deviance and ineptitude!
You should indeed consider even in your very narrowly defined margin the alternative (as it is eternal)!

The last thing that crossed my mind was "What's the point from God's perspective?". Presumably he was around for a while sorting out the creation, then watches how it pans out, but for what? Is the omnipotent creator of all things then going to spend eternity pandering to humanity's base desires, does he have nothing better to do? It all sounds to me incredibly egotistical on man's part (and when I say man, I mean men).
your own wondering is something you should carry out on your own private time.. I don't ennoble the base remarks or thought process of a lowly creatures, I suspect your remarks about God would be better suited on an atheist forum, where you can sit and agree all day and congratulate each other on your endless asinine remarks and platitudes until death comes for you!

all the best

Rasema
08-23-2009, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rebel
Hard to believe :hmm:
It's in the Qur'an. That our jelousy and hatred would be sucked out.

“And We shall remove from their breasts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world); rivers flowing under them, and they will say: ‘All the praises and thanks be to Allaah, Who has guided us to this, and never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allaah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth.’ And it will be cried out to them: ‘This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do’”

[al-A’raaf 7:43]

If you have a hard time believing the Qur'an that that is you're brains problem.

Rasema
08-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Let me paste something.

Personally, I don't think it's possible to feel jealous of the Hoor-ul-ayn in Jannah, because the hearts will be filled with contentment and peace. I think that at such a time, we will also understand things better and we might not even be in any position to think negatively about such women, even if we were capable of negative emotions. In this world, our eyes are covered by a veil and our perceptions of right and wrong, of justice and injustice, of fairness and unfairness, are very limited. No doubt that our current concerns about the Hoor-ul-ayn will seem trivial and laughable once we enter Jannah, Allah willing.

Will a man’s wife join him in Paradise?

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/2240/wife%20jannah

Bismillah irrahman irraheem
As Salaamu alaykum, Will a husband and wife be together in Jannah if Allah (swt) grants them the reward of paradise? How about other friends and family members from the dunya? Will one be together with them in Jannah if inshAllah they are granted Jannah by Allah (swt)? Jazzak Allahu Khair.

Praise be to Allaah.

When a believer enters Paradise, if his wife was righteous then she will be his wife in Paradise too. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “‘And (Eden) Paradise (everlasting Gardens), which they shall enter and (also) those who acted righteously from among their fathers, and their wives, and their offspring. And angels shall enter unto them from every gate…” [al-Ra’d 13:23].

Imaam Ibn Jareer al-Tabari said in Jaami’ al-Bayaan ‘an Ta’weel Aayi’l-Qur’aan (16/423): “[In the phrase] those who acted righteously from among their fathers, and their wives, and their offspring", Allaah, may He be glorified, is saying that there will be admitted to Paradise those who He describes as those who (interpretations of the meanings) fulfil the Covenant of Allaah, those who join that which Allaah has commanded to be joined [i.e., upholding the ties of kinship] and fear their Lord, and who remain patient, seeking their Lord’s Countenance, [and] perform al-Salaah – those who do the deeds mentioned in the three preceding aayaat. Those who acted righteously from among their fathers, and their wives, and their offspring refers to their wives, their families and their offspring, and their ‘righteousness’ is their faith in Allaah and their obedience to His commands and the commands of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).”

They will be with their spouses, reclining in the shade of Paradise, filled with the deepest joy. Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones.” [Yaa-Seen 36:56]

“Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness.” [al-Zukhruf 43:70]

Among the bountiful and abundant blessings that Allaah bestows upon His creation is that if the believers’ offspring follow them in faith, they will be joined with their fathers in the same level of Paradise even if they themselves did not reach that level, so that their fathers may have the joy of seeing their offspring. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in Faith, - to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything…” [al-Toor 52:21]

And Allaah knows best.

--------------------

For the believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened and put their trust in their Lord [8:2]

Rasema
08-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Objection to the fact that a man will have hoor ‘iyn who will share her husband with her

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/25843/wife%20jannah

What happens in paradise, with a couple who have been married. I have heard that the wife will be with her husband, but that the husband will in addition to her, have 70 women (hoors) at his service.
This to me does not seem like a fair concept for the women, to share their husbands in this way.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The believer must submit to the rulings and decrees of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: ‘We hear and we obey.’ And such are the successful (who will live forever in Paradise)”

[al-Noor 24:51]

If the believer is confused about anything in the rulings of Allaah, and he does not know what it means or what the reason behind it is, then he must say as those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say:

“We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:7 – interpretation of the meaning]

It is not permissible for the believer to say that one of the rulings of Allaah is not fair; exalted be Allaah far above that. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And your Lord is not at all unjust to (His) slaves”

[Fussilat 41:46]

There is no rule that is better than the rule of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is not Allaah the Best of judges?”

[al-Teen 95:8]

“Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?”

[al-Maa’idah 5:50]

Secondly:

In this question there are two mistakes and a misunderstanding. The first mistake is where the questioner says that in Paradise a man will have seventy hoor ‘iyn. What is proven in the saheeh Sunnah is that the martyr (shaheed) will have seventy-two hoor ‘iyn. The least of the people of Paradise will have two wives, and some will have more than that.

It was narrated that al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Yakrib said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The martyr has six blessings with Allaah: he will be forgiven from the first drop of blood shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be protected from the torment of the grave; he will be safe from the greater terror; a crown of dignity will be placed on his head, one ruby of which is better than this world and everything in it; he will be married to seventy-two wives from al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will intercede for seventy of his relatives.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1663; Ibn Maajah, 2799; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

And more than that has been narrated. Abu Na’eem narrated in Sifat al-Jannah from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will go to one hundred virgins in one day – i.e., in Paradise.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 367.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The lowest of the people of Paradise in status will be a man whose face Allaah will turn away from the Fire towards Paradise, and make a shady tree appear before him. … Then he will enter his house and his two wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn will enter after him. They will say: ‘Praise be to Allah Who has created you for us and us for you.’ And he will say: ‘No one has been given the like of that which I have been given.’” Narrated by Muslim, 188.

Al-Haafiz said:

The apparent meaning is that the least that will be given to each of them will be two wives.

Thirdly:

The second mistake is the questioner’s saying that al-hoor al-‘iyn will serve the man. This is not correct, rather the ones who will serve the people of Paradise will be boys of everlasting youth. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And round about them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls”

[al-Insaan 76:19]

Al-hoor al-‘iyn will be wives of the men in Paradise, in addition to their wives from among the people of this world. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So (it will be). And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”

[al-Dukhaan 44:54]

“They will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”

[al-Toor 52:20]

Fourthly:

The misunderstanding is when the questioner says: “This to me does not seem like a fair concept for the women, to share their husbands in this way.”

Fairness or justice is to be found in the rulings of sharee’ah, not in what a person thinks who does not know sharee’ah and its rulings, let alone the reasons behind them.

The sister who is asking this question thinks that the jealousy in her heart, and what it leads to of depression and sorrow will remain with her in Paradise, but this is not correct, and this is why there is this misunderstanding in her question.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We shall remove from their breasts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world); rivers flowing under them, and they will say: ‘All the praises and thanks be to Allaah, Who has guided us to this, and never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allaah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth.’ And it will be cried out to them: ‘This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do’”

There is nothing but joy and happiness in Paradise; there is no room for hatred and rancour in the hearts of the people of Paradise. Al-hoor al-‘iyn are something which Allaah has created to honour the people of Paradise and to increase their delight. Moreover a man will be given the strength of one hundred men for intercourse, so the large number will not have any effect on a woman, and her feelings towards her co-wives and her husband’s concubines will not be like her feelings in this world.

It was narrated that Zayd ibn Arqam said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “A man in Paradise will be given the strength of one hundred men in eating, drinking, desire and intercourse.” A Jewish man said: “The one who eats and drinks will need to relieve himself.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “The way in which one of them will relieve himself will be by means of sweat which will come out through his pores, and thus the food in his stomach will be digested.”

“Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?”

[al-Maa’idah 5:50 – interpretation of the meaning]

Narrated by Ahmad, 18827; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 16/443; and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1627.

It was narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believer in Paradise will be given such-and-such strength for intercourse.” It was said, “O Messenger of Allaah, will he really be able to do that?” He said, “He will be given the strength of a hundred (men).”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2536; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 16/413; and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 8106.

And Allaah knows best.

--------------------

For the believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened and put their trust in their Lord [8:2]

Malaikah
08-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Take Thailand for instance, when you peruse the travel brochure do you expect to read "We've got the best hookers around, with the tightest you-know-whats.", or do you think that perhaps there is a little more on offer?
If you think 'virgins' are the only thing on offer in paradise then you really don't have a clue what you are talking about. When talking about paradise, the Quran mentions many things, such as eternal happiness, the absence of anything bad, food that only gets better and better, mansions and servants (so that you don't have to do anything your self - remember there is no evil in paradise so there is no need to find the idea of servants repugnant), beautiful and massive rivers and gardens and much more. And of course, most importantly, getting to meet your Lord.

ummsara1108
08-24-2009, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tony
ameen

ameen!!!

north_malaysian
08-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Debunking the Suicide for 72 Virgins Myth

One of the biggest Israeli propaganda myths is the invention of 72 virgins as a Muslim reward for suicide. This has been repeated to the western world so often that most people accept it as fact. The media wants us to believe that there cannot be anything wrong about Israelis – who must be seen as eternal victims – to cause anyone to commit suicide as a means of striking back at them. Heavens no! The motivation for suicide bombings in Israel has nothing to do with Jewish treatment of Palestinians. Instead it has to do with the evilness of the Palestinians and their religious beliefs. This is the “bill of goods” they sell the western mind while at the same time faking most, if not all the “Islamic suicide bombings” to blame on Muslims.

It is a sick and despicable mind that feels that it has a right to attack, steal, murder and cause harm to others but if the others dare fight back they are wrong and therefore terrorists. This one sentence describes Israeli thinking and their policies. They believe they are superior and entitled and they have a right to do anything to other people and those people better not retaliate. As a result they have done more by way of propaganda to take the legitimate fight of those who are against their wrongs and demonize them. We now have this ongoing enormous propaganda campaign to make Palestinians and anyone belonging to the same religion as Palestinians, to be seen as mindless terrorists and suicide bombers with no cause other than to do evil. And, of course, vicariously receiving 72 virgins as a reward in paradise for committing suicide to kill a few Israelis.

The Qur’an and valid authentic Hadiths are very clear about what happens to anyone who commits suicide. According to Hadiths:

Quote:
————————————————� �—————————–

Committing Suicide is a Major Sin:
Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 445:
Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, “A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him.”
Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 73:
Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak: ”And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection.

There are many more Hadiths condemning suicide but I would also like to reference the Qur’an. Amongst the many verses against suicide here is one that makes it very clear that the taking of one’s life is strongly prohibited and that there is no reward for anyone who does that.

Quote:
But let there be amongst you Traffic and trade by mutual good-will: Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily God hath been to you Most Merciful!
If any do that in rancour and injustice,- soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for God.

Qur’an 4:29 – 4:30

So where did the reward of 72 virgins in paradise for suicide come from? Are there any Islamic teachings we can point to endorsing that?
When we look at the highest authority in Islam, the Quran, we find nothing in it endorsing rewards for suicide. Instead we find the strongest condemnation with severe punishments for those who commit suicide. When we look at Hadiths, which after the Quran is second in authority in Islam, we find nothing in the authentic Bukhari and Muslim Hadiths endorsing suicide. Instead we find strong condemnation for it.
Searching what Muslims refer to as Gharib Hadiths (weak or strange Hadiths) we do find something about 72 wives but not virgins. The Hadith we find is the following:

Quote:

Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2562 says:
The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: “The smallest reward for the people of Paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana’a [Yemen]“

This is as a weak Hadith that has no Sanad — line or sequence of narration. Although listed in an authoritative collection, this particular Hadith has technical weaknesses in its chain of transmitters and is therefore not considered impeccable. As a result, Muslims are not required to believe in it. Even if the Hadith was true, there is nothing about it that says that if someone commits suicide they would get 72 virgins in paradise.
Muslims know that the description of paradise or heaven in Hadiths and Quran is allegorical. If not, then Allah would have allowed us to take our bodies with us when we die. But the vehicle by which we could enjoy the physical things (especially 72 virgins ) mentioned as being in heaven, is left behind here in this world to rot and decay away. So we know for a fact that for heavenly rewards, physical things of this world are used to describe things totally non-physical. A Hadith to keep in mind is as follows:

Quote:

The Prophet said, “Nobody who dies and finds good from Allah (in the Hereafter) would wish to come back to this world even if he were given the whole world and whatever is in it, except the martyr who, on seeing the superiority of martyrdom, would like to come back to the world and get killed again (in Allah’s Cause).” (Sahih Bukhari, 4:52:53)

I am sure that 72 physical virgins are a small part of the whole world to be given to someone who has experienced paradise to come back to. Yet the prophet (saaw) has said that the martyr who experiences paradise would not want to come back to this world even for everything this world has to offer. If he was getting 72 physical virgins in heaven, then surely he would get more than that from the world and would be enticed to come back.

On the other hand, martyrdom in war for an Islamic cause is praised extensively as in the above Hadith. The Quran teaches (3:169): “Do not consider those killed [while engaging] in God’s cause dead. Rather, they live with their Lord, who sustains them!” The Quranic idiom, “killed while engaging in God’s cause” is a reference to martyrdom for acting on being a Muslim, whether as a persecuted and powerless individual or as a warrior fighting in defense of Islam, country, justice, freedom and peace. A Hadith in Sunan al-Tirmidhi states that in contrast to the suicide, the martyr does not even feel the pain of his death (Fada’il al-Jihad, 26:1663). He is also forgiven all his sins and has the right to intercede on behalf of his own family to enter Heaven. So, suicide is forbidden, killing of noncombatants is forbidden, but martyrdom is rewarded with entrance into heaven and, therefore, with great material rewards in the world to come.

What I wrote about Islam’s position on suicide is not secret, esoteric knowledge. It is common knowledge well known and can easily be discerned by anyone doing a very elementary study of the religion. Yet what we have today is the knee jerk, unconscious association of the religion of Islam with suicide bombings. Even to the point where claims of getting 72 virgins are an Islamic prize offered for suicide. This is a cruel and ugly lie about Islam that has been so widely perpetuated that it is accepted as fact. Corrections to the association of Islam with suicide and the killing of innocents are not made in the media. Instead it is glued even tighter by reporting that NOT a person disobeying Islam, but a Muslim imbued with Islamic religious fervor committed a suicide.

We have a media that is too eager to enlighten and spread the word about crazy Muslims killing themselves for 72 virgins. We read and hear everyday about suicide bombers in Iraq killing themselves and other Iraqis with them. We are to believe that a religion that strongly condemns suicide, promises severe punishment in hell for those who commit it and has never had a strategy of using suicide to fight wars until recent contact with Israelis — somehow has spawned the most suicide killers on earth. I don’t believe for a minute that the reports about suicide killings in Iraq are true. Many independent journalists and eye witnesses have reported how Mossad and US occupational forces have staged incidents to make them appear to be Iraqi suicide killings. In fact there are many cases where the perpetrators have been caught.

Oddly enough in this saga about suicide killings we read the following headlines from Israeli newspapers: “Fewer officers to be armed as suicide becomes IDF’s top killer!!!” which you can read more about at the following links:

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/657996.html
http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0...77dcb0c3c0f2a7

The leading cause of death for the Israeli Defense Forces is suicide!!! Well, well it looks like suicide is really an Israeli problem and not a Muslim one. Their IDF commit far more suicides than what is being blamed on Muslims.

We already know that Israel leads the world in trafficking prostitutes and that there are hundreds of brothels in Tel Aviv. Who knows, maybe having access to one prostitute at a time on a soldier’s salary was not enough for those IDF soldiers. Maybe these soldiers believed the lies told about Muslims and were trying to get their 72 virgins too. See how strong an effect Jewish lies have on their own people.

“Strive as in a race to achieve the goal of excellence in all that you do.”

For real insights visit:
http://www.geocities.com/mewatch99/
Regards,
Nashid

http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/20...-virgins-myth/

MSalman
08-24-2009, 06:27 PM
do not expose your ignorance.

The reality is that every man desires beautiful young virgin women in this world and you kuffaar have recycled many girls in your life. Yet amazingly you haters complain about the reward in the next life, virgins for men.

More amazing is that the mankind strive for materlistic things in their whole life in this world; yet you complain "why does God advertise these materialistic things". What do you think He should have advertised: things which mankind does not desire? Or things which we hate?

What a load of rubbish and nonsense by you haters!

You exposed your ignorance even further by pulling another blunder when you "best advertisement". The best advertisment for the belivers is to be in the presence of their Lord and seeing His Face. Seeing the Face of the Lord in Jannah is the highest reward a jannati can ever imagine.

north_malaysian
08-25-2009, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife
Seeing the Face of the Lord in Jannah is the highest reward a jannati can ever imagine.
agree...:D

Blackpool
08-25-2009, 09:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
There is no evil in Paradise. There is only good, and all of those who enter Paradise will be purified of any ill feelings they may have. There is no jealously, there is no hatred, or anger or ill-will. There is only good.
Yet at the same time.... no love? :hmm:

- IqRa -
08-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Who said there is no love?

north_malaysian
08-25-2009, 10:11 AM
A true Muslim would do good deeds for the sake of God... not for the sake of being in paradise...

Malaikah
08-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Yet at the same time.... no love? :hmm:
I said there is only good... love is good isn't it? What makes you think there is no love?

Thinker
08-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Most honorable people prefer virginity for it implies much more than a simple piece of tissue (whether men or women), not for the physical aspect of impaling someone and taking pleasure in deflowering them. Rather for the bond it creates between lovers,
Hmmm – not sure if honourable is the right word and with regards preference it depends upon how you define virgin. All that said, I would agree with the description of a special bond between two people sharing something special but I believe most men would be struggling to remember the names of 72 women let alone have a special bond with them. But then isn’t this one of the problems with Islam, you shouldn’t take literally but it must take it literally :). http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...literally.html

Peace

Santoku
08-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I have always thought that 72 virgins is a terrible reward. If you have any sensitivity at all making love to a virgin is very hard work as you have to put her pleasure far ahead of your own, if you are not going totally spoil her first experience.

To have 72 of them all perpetually renewing you can never really enjoy it.

S_87
08-25-2009, 11:02 AM
PEOPLE!!! paradise is NOT LIKE EARTH.

so whats the deal with hoors being compared to hookers and the idea of servants being looked down upon etc?????? if you dont understand the concept dont speak about it.
And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a (true) believer [in the Oneness of Allah (Muslim)], such will enter Paradise and not the least injustice, even to the size of a speck on the back of a date-stone, will be done to them.
4:124

Narrated Abu Harairah: that the Prophet sallallau alayhi wasallam said:
The first group will enter Paradise looking like the moon on the night when it is full, and those who follow them will be like the brightest shining star in the sky. Their hearts will be as one, and there will be no hatred or jealousy among them. Each man will have two wives from among al hur al ayn, the marrow of whose calves can be seen from beneath the bone and flesh.
Bukhari

instead of worrying about oh in paradise theres this but its not fair or theres no this lets worry about how we can seek Allahs plesaure and actually get paradise.

Whatsthepoint
08-25-2009, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
It's in the Qur'an. That our jelousy and hatred would be sucked out.

If you have a hard time believing the Qur'an that that is you're brains problem.
I see god will remove certain negative aspects of our lives, but I wonder why promiscuity and oversexuality isn't one of them, rather than removed it will be catered to. and only in males, sexual desires of a female exceeding one man will apparently be removed along with the hatred and jelaousy..

- IqRa -
08-25-2009, 11:03 AM
*sigh* kids...

Men will have the sexual power of 100 men, so 72 is right for them. And anyway, Allah knows His creation better then the creation knows itself, so please stop trying to say 'this should be like this, this isnt right, this should be this', etc.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-25-2009, 11:11 AM
tbh, i think this thread should be closed. if people refuse to respect our beliefs, time they got shown the nearest exit!
besides its ramadan. i thought thats why certain others sections got closed.

aamirsaab
08-25-2009, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
Hmmm – not sure if honourable is the right word and with regards preference it depends upon how you define virgin. All that said, I would agree with the description of a special bond between two people sharing something special but I believe most men would be struggling to remember the names of 72 women let alone have a special bond with them. But then isn’t this one of the problems with Islam, you shouldn’t take literally but it must take it literally :). http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...literally.html

Peace
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
I have always thought that 72 virgins is a terrible reward. If you have any sensitivity at all making love to a virgin is very hard work as you have to put her pleasure far ahead of your own, if you are not going totally spoil her first experience.

To have 72 of them all perpetually renewing you can never really enjoy it.
Wow, so you guys have actually visited paradise right?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.