/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Contraceptive pill in order not to have pms in Ramadhan

AnonymousPoster
08-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Salam to all,

Last year, I missed the last ten days of Ramadan because of my PMS. It was really upset. This year,I decided not to stop my contraceptive pill so not to have my pms. Please tell me, is it haram?????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bewildred
08-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I think it's ok.But not sure......

cat eyes
08-20-2009, 05:18 PM
as far as i know taking an hormonal tablet to stop the natural cycle of your body is haram anyway. speak with a scholar

جوري
08-20-2009, 06:48 PM
I am at a loss sis.. did you miss fast because of PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome) or because of your period?
Have you always been on contraceptives and simply stopped them last Ramadan, are you taking them for contraception or because of a medical condition.. I am not quite sure I understand what you are asking?

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
08-20-2009, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I am at a loss sis.. did you miss fast because of PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome) or because of your period?
Have you always been on contraceptives and simply stopped them last Ramadan, are you taking them for contraception or because of a medical condition.. I am not quite sure I understand what you are asking?

AsalamuAlaykum. I think she meant due to her menstruation and not PMS/PMT 'cause you don't miss it 'cause of that.. :hmm: I have realised people refer it to PMS alot...duno why.

جوري
08-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I thought she had a severe form of it better referred to as PMDD which can prevent some from even functioning let alone fasting, in which case contraceptive pills are indeed given for the emotional and physiological aspect also given that she missed ten days which is a bit unusual made it seem even more viable an option..but you are probably right, unless the OP clarifies otherwise...

bewildred
08-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Yup, I think she meant her period. I remember a mufti said that a woman who's up to go to Umrah she could take the pill to stop the menstrual flow. In the case of Ramadan, I dunno. As someone said, periods suck but the commas rule!!! ooops, :embarrass

S_87
08-20-2009, 09:41 PM
sister, a period is natural, dont take a pill for convenience for something like that unless you really need to or for an actual reason. You can still do ibadah when on.

touba
08-21-2009, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Salam to all,

Last year, I missed the last ten days of Ramadan because of my PMS. It was really upset. This year,I decided not to stop my contraceptive pill so not to have my pms. Please tell me, is it haram?????
Sister first in the islam is haram to stop your period even during ramadan because Allah SWT allowed to us as women to have efttar during our period time in ramadan so you cannot stop something Allah SWT make it allowed to you.

Second is not healthy to stop your period because the period clean the women and if you stop it you will invit the stress and bactery i think you understand what im talking about , I cannot explain more because is a public forum so many brothers online

Afifa
08-21-2009, 03:19 PM
:sl:

Its not been been made clear as to its becuase of your Pms or your actual menses?
But if its because of your actual menses then you'de rather not stop them because menses is something ordained for all women from the children of Adam If we were to stop them in Ramdhanthen it would but it doesn't. For Hajj or Umrah etc its ok because well you need to complete it. Nothing to say you cant in Ramdhan but its best not to.

Check out this Inhshallah.
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/93018/Menses

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.