/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Snakelegs

glo
08-20-2009, 05:54 PM
I hope it is appropriate to post this thread.

For those of you who remember snakelegs, the anniversary of the death is coming soon in early September.
I remembered today and sent a card to her friend. We have been in loose contact over the last year.

I still come across snake's posts once in a while, and I remember our interesting conversations, the laughs and her kind and tolerant heart.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
08-20-2009, 09:48 PM
wow it seems to have gone so fast :?

جوري
08-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I miss Eli terribly.. sometimes I wish a new member would have her essence but she was a true class act.. one of a kind...No one can ever replace her or take her place in my heart...

inna lillah wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon.. imsad

The Ruler
08-20-2009, 09:57 PM
mid-July of this year marked the second anniversary of brother Asyur an-Nagi's death.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Greetings and peace be with you glo; thanks for keeping snakeleg's memory alive.

I have fond memories of snakelegs, may she rest in peace, amen

I recently came across one of her posts in a thread that had been bumped, that pesky big cat is still running.

In the spirit of praying for eternal salvation for all people,

Eric

alcurad
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
ah, this is nostalgic, but I'm not sad :), it was good knowing her and her amazing posts.
let's not make her larger than life though, but remember her as part of LI-IB now-that any who knew her liked.

cat eyes
08-20-2009, 10:10 PM
brothers and sisters if you don't mind me asking what happened to the sister who died? i will pray for her. she sounded really nice from the comments you made

جوري
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
brothers and sisters if you don't mind me asking what happened to the sister who died? i will pray for her. she sounded really nice from the comments you made
:sl:
she was a sweet agnostic lady, who was really lovely in every way.. she had cancer that was inoperable..
toward the end Br. mustafa tried to help her convert but and her friend said that she took the shahada but we aren't quite sure if she become Muslim or not.. only Allah swt knows best his creation...

I was overcome with grief by her death... she was monumental in a way I can't describe in words...imsad

yes brother Asyar (was our forum dentist) as well brother abru'rahman (noname55) also passed on.. Allah yerhmhoum insha'Allah

:w:

Tony
08-20-2009, 10:25 PM
May Allah accept her intention to convert and allow her into Jannah as a new and sinless Muslim, Ameen

cat eyes
08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
she was a sweet agnostic lady, who was really lovely in every way.. she had cancer that was inoperable..
toward the end Br. mustafa tried to help her convert but and her friend said that she took the shahada but we aren't quite sure if she become Muslim or not.. only Allah swt knows best his creation...

I was overcome with grief by her death... she was monumental in a way I can't describe in words...imsad

yes brother Asyar (was our forum dentist) as well brother abru'rahman (noname55) also passed on.. Allah yerhmhoum insha'Allah

even if she didn't get the chance to convert, all our duas will help inshallaah. Allah has decided to take her soul so we should not grieve rather remember her the way she was and laugh at the funny moments you shared with her.. i am happy the brother tried to convert her.. Allah should reward him for his efforts

جوري
08-20-2009, 10:49 PM
khyer insha'Allah.. It was difficult to publicly grief for her and I was so torn about the whole affair.. I sent her a card which her friend gave her and she wrote me a sort of goodbye message that was so warm and full of life for someone in her condition.. I kept her PMs for a long time then, at some point deleted them all because it was becoming too much to bear to read them over and over and torture myself with different scenarios of what became of her in the (here after).. but now that sometime has passed, I really regret that decision..

All affairs are in Allah swt's hands and I have complete trust in him..

Hayaa
08-20-2009, 10:51 PM

I never got a chance to know her, but I can see that she was a really special and wonderful person. I pray that Allah (swt) had blessed her with the gift of being a Muslim, and grants her soul and ours a place in the highest level of Jannah..inshaAllah. Ameen!

جوري
08-20-2009, 11:15 PM
^^ ameen ya rabb

north_malaysian
08-21-2009, 02:42 AM
both asyur an nagi and snakelegs ... i think that they were among those who are very close to me in this forum... imsad

Tilmeez
08-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Last time (2 or 3 days back) when i bump the "Missing Members" thread I had her in my mind. Didn't know she is no more with us.

Inna lillahe Wainna Elayhi Raji3on.

- IqRa -
08-21-2009, 11:11 AM
:salamext:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-me-peeps.html

She seemed like a very special member and person, with everyone having a lot of respect for her on this forum.

Indeed, you only realise the value of someone when they are not with you anymore.

May Allaah accept her shahadah, if she did indeed pass away on haq! Ameen...

BoredAgnostic
08-21-2009, 11:11 AM
That's very sad...I didn't know her..but I've seen some of her posts.

BoredAgnostic
08-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Just read through the original thread announcement, that is so terrible..

- IqRa -
08-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Ameen summ Ameen...

Uthman
08-21-2009, 12:01 PM
I recently came across one of her posts in my procrastinating thread. My account had just been disabled upon my request and in her post she said that she hoped it was just temporary.

Ameen to the Du'a.

Danah
08-21-2009, 12:26 PM
I didn't interact with her directly but I do remeber her posts and I even remeber that she was one of those who greeted me when I came to LI :(
May Allah accept her shahadah, I remembered her before few days subhanAllah and I remembered how sad I was when I knew about her suffering with cancer and death:cry:

May Allah have mercy on the two other brothers mentioned here in this thread

north_malaysian
08-23-2009, 07:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
I even remeber that she was one of those who greeted me when I came to LI :(
She loved doing that...

Muslim Woman
08-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Salaam/Peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by glo

For those of you who remember snakelegs, the anniversary of the death is coming soon in early September.

How quickly time passes , thanks a lot glo for the reminder .

zakirs
08-23-2009, 08:46 AM
may god bless her and may he neglect any wrongdoings of her

Muhaba
08-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Reading about her greatly saddened me. I hope she took the shahadah. May Allah grant her jannah. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.