08-20-2009, 06:00 PM
As all of you know i am a new convert

please give some tips on how to be a good muslim

I am sure you have some tips :nervous:

I want to grow more in Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Take it one day at a time is the best advise I can give you.. there is no formula we all have good days and bad days.. but Allah swt is ever merciful even if we are remiss..

try to learn something new every day..maybe learn one Quranic verse per day?
over a life time you'll become a hafith insha'Allah, and the Quran shall be your companion in the hereafter and offer you a door into paradise insha'Allah

:w:

Rasema
08-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Stay at home unless you have to do something beneficial.
Try your best to give up tv,cellphones,...
Read stuff by scholars.

I've got a perfect site, you'll find everything here:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en

And for the better understanding of the Qur'an go here:

http://altafseer.net/Tafasir.asp?tMa...0&LanguageId=2

Give up your Non-Muslim friends.

Hamayun
08-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Salam Alaikum,
As above, take it one step at a time :)

I found reading the stories about the Prophet pbuh and hadiths are a great help. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
08-20-2009, 09:27 PM
make dua, when you dont feel like it, this is the best time to make dua

cat eyes
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
watch alot of peace t.v mark thats what i did when i reverted.. a pious muslim had recommended it for me and it helped me alot in the start it has alot of different talk shows from all different scholars all over the world.. you never get bored watching it.

i left alot of haram things from there lectures etc and Alhamdulilah i became more fearful of Allah

my sis is 16years and she had came across the channel also and now shes hooked on it also..she wants me to get the book of the hadiths for her because she has become deeply interested in the prophet pbuh sayings i am so thankful to Allah, my sis becoming interested in islam also.

Allahuakbar

markislam
08-20-2009, 11:18 PM
we dont get peace tv here :) any how will check

cat eyes
08-20-2009, 11:38 PM
i have alot of stuff for kids on it also but i find myself looking at the kids stuff also lol

markislam
08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
i need to check and see how i can get it here, i dont understand arabic by the way, is it in english ?

markislam
08-20-2009, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
make dua, when you dont feel like it, this is the best time to make dua
what is a dua ? blessing ?

Bub
08-20-2009, 11:43 PM
dua is when u ask a God for something like u want either u ask family/friends to make a prayer for u as well. Or ask for a help...correct me if im mistaken

Rasema
08-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Here is a good link of hadeeths.

I hope that you looked at the other ones I gave you.:)

http://bewley.virtualave.net/riyad6.html

mathematician
08-21-2009, 01:21 AM
you can go to tafsir.com and learn about the meaning of the Glorioius Qur'an.
Also, start with a habit of saying things to people that will increase their self-esteem. If what you say will not make them feel better about themselves then maybe you should remain silent.
Be humble!!!! Lower your voice and respect others.

Rasema
08-21-2009, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
what is a dua ? blessing ?
Assalamu Alikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatoh

A dua is a supplication. In Islam there are two type of prayers one is the one of the five times a day the other one is of the supplication.

It is very important that you only ask from God in a dua. You shouldn't ask for help from other people when the problem Allah can only solve. You can ask for help from other people.

"If ye invoke them , they will not listen to your call, and if they were to listen, they cannot answer your (prayer). On the Day of Judgment they will reject your 'Partnership'. and none, (O man!) can tell thee (the Truth) like the One Who is acquainted with all things." [5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dua

Once you make a dua do not ever say it wasn't answered.

nebula
08-21-2009, 01:49 AM
bro inshallah, read this, its very good

http://understand-islam.net/site/ind...per&Itemid=172

and

http://understand-islam.net/site/ind...pper&Itemid=89

markislam
08-21-2009, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
bro nebula you are the one from paltalk :p

nebula
08-21-2009, 12:41 PM
^ yeah bro, thats me lol :shade:

rpwelton
08-21-2009, 01:09 PM
When I first converted, someone had lent me a CD set called "The Life of Muhammad" (it's actually 3 CD sets now) by Anwar Al-Awlaki. It will teach you a lot about Islam simply through the example of our Last Messenger, as well as give you a good foundation for how the Qur'an was revealed, the battles between Mecca and Medina, and the formation of the Islamic State. It's really good stuff.

The sets are a bit pricey (around $50-60), but if you can't buy them, I'm sure there are some clips online where you can at least gain some benefit (although I don't advocate downloading the whole thing online unless you really have the intention to buy it later).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.