this question goes out to all my UK people,
(not sure if it changes in different countries),
but anyone know the date ramadan starts? tc all,
and please reply i really wish to know. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-20-2009, 09:34 PM
:sl:

Since the majority of the UK follow Saudi, the first Taraweeh will be tomorrow night, and the first fast of Ramadhaan will be on Saturday inshaa'Allah.

:w:

true believer
08-20-2009, 09:36 PM
nah i dont think so brother^^^ most people think its tommorow so i agree with 'Abd al-Baari , thanks for letting me know brothers. peace to u

Rou
08-20-2009, 09:42 PM
ASallam aleykoum dear brothers and sisters pease let us not confuse people i have had no confirmation from anyone that ramadan has started.

20th Aug at 22:39 i still have heard no confirmation..

i have only received that in saudi they have announced that the first fast shall be on Sat 22nd Aug 2009 link below -

http://www.ramadan.co.uk/

but still i have had no confirmation when it shall be in the uk...

i personally have been watching the sky and have seen nothing though it is a clear night..

i shall keep you all informed if i see anything or if i hear any news..jazak allah khair..

Remember we are united and inshallah we shall have a united Ramadan. i shall try and give as much info as possible

walikoum asallam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rou
08-20-2009, 10:21 PM
The newest update i have had is this brothers and sisters and so far the most accurate along with myself not seeing the new moon.

That The first fast indeed shall be on the Sat 22nd August link below from the london central mosque.

http://www.iccuk.org/index.php?artic...83png8j9diafn3

Jazak allah khair inshallah if any new news please do let us all know.

Walikoum asallam

Beblessed
08-20-2009, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Baari
:sl:

Since the majority of the UK follow Saudi, the first Taraweeh will be tomorrow night, and the first fast of Ramadhaan will be on Saturday inshaa'Allah.

:w:
yea same ere

proudhijabi8
08-23-2009, 07:16 AM
last night was the first night of Taraweeh and today we start fasting. By the way, Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family! May you all have a blessed Ramadan.

Misz_Muslimah
08-23-2009, 12:28 PM
In the UK ..we started fasting on saturday :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.