/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ramadan is here but there is a problem -urgent help needed!

AnonymousPoster
08-21-2009, 01:28 AM
:sl:

i should have asked this question before ramadan but i forgot the problem is i work at tesco super store and as some of u might know that they sell alcohol and my job is that i have to do everything if something is not in the shelf i have to bring it and put it band that includes touching the alcohol bottle i know u might say that my job is not hallal and i know that i cant leave this job becoze i real need money im married and have 1 kid right know there is alot of presure on me and cant leave the job what should i do ? i cant pray at work becoze alcohol is around me and if i dont pray and fast is that ok i mean will my fasting will be accepted without praying ? and should i fast with out praying or not fast at all?

jk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
true_muslimmah
08-21-2009, 08:03 PM
:wa:

Its alright brother, better late then never!

All i would like to say is that can you not ask your manager if it is allowed that you do not handle the alcohol? Im sure they will appreciate your concern and can always appoint another person to that.

Even the touching the bottle of alcohol is not permissible, as i mentioned above maybe its the wisest thing to do you talk to your manager, tell them its because of religious fulfilment that you do not want to stock the alcohol. They should respect and allow it on religious grounds? right?

And about the fasting, please brother fast as this blessed month comes once a year and it a month that is very waited by all the muslims over the ummah. Do not waste the opportunity to keep all your fasts just bcuz as you have stated because im sure something can be done about the alcohol issue.

The bit where you said can you fast but not pray, i have always been taught what is the point fasting if you do not pary? If possible, agaain ask your manager if it is allowed for you to pray at work, they should have prayer rooms. I shouldnt be a problem praying as it will not take more then 20minutues off your work time and then again you can always make that time at the time your shift is meant to end..??

Insha'Allah someone more knowledgeble will be able to advice you much better then me

markislam
08-21-2009, 11:45 PM
even touching alcohol is not allowed ?

Nora.
08-21-2009, 11:56 PM
^^^^
Drinking alcohol in general is not allowed (unlawful) in Islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mathematician
08-22-2009, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
even touching alcohol is not allowed ?
Correct. It is haraam to be in places where alcohol is served, so imagine you touching it yourself.
May Allah guide us to the straight path.

Salahudeen
08-22-2009, 01:40 AM
hmmm try explaining to your boss that it's against your beliefs to aid people in sin,

give him another example to make him understand for example you could use the following explain how it would be against your beliefs to hand a knife to a murderer or a gun because you'd be aiding them in doing something un lawful.

Say just like the law forbids you in aiding crimnals similarly your religion forbids you in aiding things that are sinful like drinking. maybe your boss will understand. I'm in simlar position to you but it's haraam meat and food that I have to serve. I really need the job also.

I'm looking for another job while I'm in this 1, in the current climate people are going mad other jobs so it'd be unwise to leave without finding another job first.

Argamemnon
08-22-2009, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mathematician
Correct. It is haraam to be in places where alcohol is served, so imagine you touching it yourself.
May Allah guide us to the straight path.
No, touching and being in places where it is served (if you have no choice) is not haraam. Selling and serving is haraam.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1146989004854

Imagine if you were sitting in a park and you see somebody grabbing a beer, does that suddenly make you a sinner? :D

zakirs
08-22-2009, 01:46 PM
bro may be you can sneak out to a park or some okish place for prayer during lunch hour?

Misz_Muslimah
08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Talk to your manager and ask him if it would be possible to work in another area of the store for religious reasons

May allah increase our knowledge

true_muslimmah
08-22-2009, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misz_Muslimah
Talk to your manager and ask him if it would be possible to work in another area of the store for religious reasons

May allah increase our knowledge
Exactly my point!

May Allah SWT make it easy for you.

Salahudeen
08-22-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't think he's limited to the alcohol area, I think he brings everything out when the stocks running low, like crisps, biscuits, cereal. It just happens that he also has to bring the alcohol out when it runs low.

Ask some 1 else to do the alcohol section for you :)

ardianto
08-22-2009, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
bro may be you can sneak out to a park or some okish place for prayer during lunch hour?
Good idea.
This brother can use lunch hour for shalaah duhur. And if this brother has no time for shalaah ashar because he must work until maghreeb, he can 'jama' his shalaah, shalaah duhur and ashar in the same time.

khaliduk
08-22-2009, 05:50 PM
bro I used to be a manager at a tescos store a while ago and if you spoke to your manager then they shouldnt have a problem with relocating you to another department. Also you can pray salah in the training room. Is there other muslims who work with you? find out how they feel and may be the store manager can allocate you a room for you at salah times.

Jazak alllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.