/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan problem

rami0323
08-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Salam Aleykom brothers and sisters.
Last year I converted. It was after Ramadan. It's my first Ramadan ever.
And i have a big problem! I don't know if I can do it... It's around 12 hours without eating and drinking... I'm just 16 and as I guess my parents will cook something for a dinner etc. they don't know i converted... unfortunately...
And i wear orthodontic apparatus since yesterday and my orthodontist told me to drink and eat a lot....
see? it's really complicated! ;/ it's 10.41am here and i haven't eaten anything since i woken up.
i hope you understand my English!
Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hafswa
08-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Aren't there exceptions when a person is allowed not to fast example when they are unwell or are too old to fast? I may be wrong but maybe someone else can clarify this.

touba
08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rami0323
And i have a big problem! I don't know if I can do it... It's around 12 hours without eating and drinking... I'm just 16 and as I guess my parents will cook something for a dinner etc. they don't know i converted... unfortunately...
And i wear orthodontic apparatus since yesterday and my orthodontist told me to drink and eat a lot....
see? it's really complicated! ;/ it's 10.41am here and i haven't eaten anything since i woken up.
Peace
Assalamou Alaikoum Rami,

Mashallah you converted and you are a muslim mashallah , Fasting the ramadam is good for the health and good opportunity to worship Allah SWT .

You are 16 years old , You are still young so you must fast brother and you can drink your medicine and eat good after efttar inshallah, be brave and tell your family about the islam may they will be muslims as well and like that you will protect them from the hell.
I hope my advice help you akhi believe me you will have soooooo much ajer from Allah if you fast

rami0323
08-23-2009, 11:05 AM
thanks for your replies!
yesterday i fasted yesterday and it was not so bad... i as hungry but I survived :))

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
optimist
08-23-2009, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rami0323
thanks for your replies!
yesterday i fasted yesterday and it was not so bad... i as hungry but I survived :))
don't worry you are going to survive many many many years more if you fast and eat properly:D

Yusuf Saeed
08-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Peace
Wa alaikum assalam.

It's great to know we have another convert here in this forum.

Try to keep on fasting. Never forget that since we converts often face more troubles holding on to islam being surrounded by non-muslims the reward we will get for this in the end will be bigger also insha'Allah.

It's not obligatory for you to tell your parents about you being a muslim straight away. But it would be good if you'd start showing your opinions and views to them about islam and muslims. So that when one day you'll tell them about you following islam it wouldn't be that big shock for them.

But now you may for example just tell your parents that you love the idea of the Ramadan as it helps us to understand and feel what the poor people have to feel. It wouldn't be lying as one part of Ramadan in islam is also to tame our desires and abstain from luxury.

May Allah give you strength and keep you guided.

Ramisa
08-23-2009, 10:34 PM
:sl:
Masha'Allah my brother in Islam! Welcome to the true path. May Allah bless your path. You must fast unless your state is critical. A tip of fasting:remember all the muslim brothers and sisters fasting in hot countries(I.E. india).

You must tell your parents as soon as possible. It is not hard as it looks like. You should not beat around the bush but talk straight toward and insha'Allah you will get it over with. Allah knows the best,and may he guide your path and keep you as a Muslim.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.