/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pregnancy and ramadan

amira25
08-21-2009, 12:33 PM
asalam alykum
i have just found out i am pregnant:statisfie and i am wondering do you still fast during ramadan when your are pregnant

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Santoku
08-21-2009, 03:12 PM
If you are pregnant on medical grounds fasting is not healthy. I believe that there is a get out in that you should not fast if it harms yourself or another and in this case it might harm you and your child.

I believe that protein deprivation during pregnancy hinders mental developement in the foetus.

GreyKode
08-21-2009, 03:46 PM
indeed a pregnant woman is exempted from fasting in Ramadan, but I think you should fast an equivalent number of days after ramdan (after you deliver), I'm not quite sure about this though.

rpwelton
08-21-2009, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
indeed a pregnant woman is exempted from fasting in Ramadan, but I think you should fast an equivalent number of days after ramdan (after you deliver), I'm not quite sure about this though.
There is a difference of opinion about this amongst the scholars. I don't know all the details, so the original poster should look into this further and find all the valid opinions on this matter.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
08-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Its best you consult the doctor sis .

btw congrats :)

Al-Hanbali
08-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Pregnancy is one the legal excuses that gives the woman concession to break the fast.

However, the 'ulaamah differentiate between the reasons for why she would break the fast:

1) Out of fear for herself
In this case, since you are physically unable to do so, you only need to do Qadaa' (make up for that day).

2) Out of fear for her child
You are physically capable of fasting, there isn't any hardship on your end, but you break the fast because you fear for your child; in this case, you must do Qadaa' (make up the day) and also give Fidyah (compensation).

Otherwise, if none of the above apply, then you should go ahead and fast.

Allaahu A'lam.

Check this out: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/50005/fasting%20pregnancy

unknown_JJ
08-21-2009, 06:23 PM
congratz sis, my mum managed to keep all her fasts wen she woz preg, i gues u shud ask ur doc 1st.

zakirs
08-21-2009, 07:06 PM
What ever it is sis Do not forget to consult a doctor about this.I guess allah would understand your decision (what ever you take).

sirajstc
08-22-2009, 12:33 PM
MAsha Allah

جوري
08-24-2009, 06:04 AM
my sis fasted during her pregnancy, partially because she was so sick all the time, that she actually felt better not eating.. and usually broke her fast on odd foods like liver or watermelons or cereal..
in other words I think you should do what you think is best for your body and of course consulting with your physician.. People are different and respond differently...

BTW.. congratulations on your pregnancy.. what great news Masha'Allah

every blessing insha'Allah

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.