/* */

PDA

View Full Version : U.K prof. schools

limitless
08-21-2009, 01:52 PM
:sl:

Arighty. I know majority of muslims here are in u.k lol =p. Anywho, i have questions regarding professional schools there.

As you can imagine, in North America, we have a pretty pathetic education system, they make a lot of money and educ isn't all that great as it could be, also waste of student's time for those planning to go to professional school after high school or first year university.

I have looked up professional schools of med. and dental in u.k. What I am is interested to know the following:

a.)How do they evaluate first year university in a Honours. BSc. biochemistry degree? Does that count? or they want high school university prep. courses with an A, avg?

b.) How is the living situation in U.K for muslim students? I have read there have been constant abuse from the police, and detain you for no reason. There is a huge racism issue there, how bad is it?

That's all for now :), thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Azy
08-21-2009, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless
There is a huge racism issue there, how bad is it?
Pretty bad. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard "white b******" and such from the asians around my town.

Not sure what being a muslim has to do with racism though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.