/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rumours

AnonymousPoster
08-21-2009, 03:22 PM
:sl:

I hope everyone is in the best of health inshaAllah and wish everyone a Ramadan Mubarak.

Basically this is my story.

A few years ago when i was a teenager, i was on messenger and got invited into a conversation with loads of people and this male added me onto messenger. Curious to who he was, i added him and realised from his picture that it was my 30 something year old neigbour. i deleted him immediately but he already knew i was his neighbour too. This neighbour of mine is not married and has got a younger sister who i used grew up with until we went our separate ways when we went to high school. A few months later, i came on a chat site and judging from his username he came on too and i think he knew that was me. He started saying i was a slag and wrote down my address etc. I didn't do anything about it and denied that was me and stopped going on that chat site. I never confronted him or anything. I believe he made me out to be a slag because there are rumours going around about his sister and some questionable things she's done but thats between her and Allah. A few months later, there was a rumour saying i was going out with a white male...it came back to my uncle and i started crying because i would never do such a thing...i woould never have a relationship with anyone as thats not something i believe in. Two or three years have passed since this situation and i totally forgot about it.

I've become more into my religion etc but now im starting to think about this again and i'm worried this man might say stuff about me in the near future. I don't know why he's doing it, i haven't done anything of the sort with any male so to be called a slag is really shameful and upsetting and i'm worried he may make me out to be one in our neighbourhood.

How do i stop myself from worrying...im starting to get anxiety, i don't know why he did what he did but we don't really get on with the family anymore.

i don't know what to do :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
“Surely those who accuse chaste believing women, unaware (of the evils), are cursed in the world and the hereafter and they shall have a grievous chastisement. On the day when their tongue and their hands and their feet shall bear witness against them as to what they did.” (Surah an-Nūr 24:23-24)

"The above verses clarify that those who falsely accuse chaste men or women of adultery are cursed by Allah (S.w.T.) as long as they are alive, and in the hereafter they shall be deprived of His Divine Mercy. We should maintain our distance from such people on whom the wrath of Allah (S.w.T.) has descended and be very careful not to believe their false accusations. False accusers have to be penalised in this world according to the Islamic law. Once their testimony is proved false, they can never ever testify in a court of Islamic law".

“And those who accuse chaste women of adultery and then do not produce four witnesses — lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient. Except for those who repent thereafter and reform, for indeed Allaah is Forgiving and Merciful".” [Quran 24: 2-5]

Allowing people to accuse chaste women, whether married or not, without a clear proof means that people could always make up such accusation, fearing no repercussion. This means that the Muslim community finds itself with a stained reputation. Every individual is threatened with false accusation. Every man suspects his wife, and every wife suspects her husband, and people doubt their legitimacy. In such an intolerable state of doubt and suspicion, every family is undermined. Moreover, when such accusations are frequently made, those who steer themselves away from adultery will begin to think that the crime is common in society. Thus, people begin to think about adultery in a different spirit, with its ghastly nature sounding less ghastly as a result of its frequent mention. Those who would not have contemplated it at all may begin to think of doing so, feeling that many others are doing it.

Thus, in order to protect people’s honor and their suffering from suspicion as a result of uncorroborated accusations, the Quran prescribes for false accusation a punishment that comes close to that of adultery. The punishment is flogging with 80 stripes, rejecting their testimony in any case or situation, and giving them the label of transgressors. The first part of the punishment is physical, while the second is moral. It is sufficient that the accuser is deprived of the right to testify, and considered deceitful. The third part of the punishment is a religious one. The one guilty of false accusation is following a line that deviates from that of faith. The only way to protect himself from such punishments is that the accuser should provide four witnesses who have seen the offence being committed, or three alongside him if he himself has seen it.

It is agreed upon by Muslim scholars that for adultery (or fornication) case to be authentically proven, four witnesses must simultaneously see, by their own eyes, the man's sexual organ inserted in the woman's sexual organ. Only when these four witnesses give such testimony is the accusation proved and the punishment of adultery (or fornication) is enforced on the perpetrators.

Such restrictions are set forth by Sharee'ah in order to limit to the least minimum the possibility of falsely accusing chaste women of adultery (or fornication), which leads to social and psychological troubles for the accused women. Even when such a sin –adultery (or fornication) - is committed, such restrictions laid by Sharee'ah will guarantee the suppression of the crime and prevents its spread among the people, which contaminates the morally pure Muslim community.

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive...ng=E&id=135153

Tell your uncle the story innit, tell him this guy is spreading rumours and they ain't true. Then your uncle might sort him out :)

Same thing happened to prophets wife pbuh, ayesha, it's known as the story of IFK. I got a link that talks about this story if you want it.

The Ruler
08-21-2009, 05:02 PM
If your family doesn't believe him, surely that's okay? Because it's their support that you'll need when your faced with trials.

You can't go to the police nor can you threaten the man - it's not really within Islam to do so (right?). The best thing to do is to simply ignore him until he spreads rumors again.

Snowflake
08-21-2009, 06:01 PM
^Good post Squiggle! MashaAllah.

My advice is to make dua with such intensity that you will feel Allah's subahanwa ta'ala mercy descending on you. Allah's protection is the most effective. You don't need anything else. Only bear in mind that you are striving to please Allah in fulfilling your obligations to Him, staying away from the impermissable and have full trust in Him.

May Allah, protect you against the evil of men and jinn, the evil of the envier and the evil within yourself. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
08-21-2009, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
^Good post Squiggle! MashaAllah.

My advice is to make dua with such intensity that you will feel Allah's subahanwa ta'ala mercy descending on you. Allah's protection is the most effective. You don't need anything else. Only bear in mind that you are striving to please Allah in fulfilling your obligations to Him, staying away from the impermissable and have full trust in Him.

May Allah, protect you against the evil of men and jinn, the evil of the envier and the evil within yourself. Ameen.
ameen

Sis be strong and complain to your guardians that he is harrasing and dont get anxious, take care of yourself

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.