/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Manningham man shouted racial abuse before attack

Blackpool
08-21-2009, 05:18 PM
A teenager who stabbed and slashed a passer-by in a racially motivated attack has been locked up for five years.

Amir Rehman, 18, shouted racial abuse as 51-year-old Ronald O’Connor walked to a shop for a loaf of bread, near the gates of Lister Park, Manning-ham, last December.

Leeds Crown Court was told Rehman shouted out: “Manningham belongs to Muslims. We don’t want whites. We rule Bradford. We are going to get you out.”

His frightened victim, Ronald O’Connor, tried to get in the shop, but Rehman ran up and stabbed him twice in the upper arm with a four to five-inch bladed knife.

The court heard that Rehman, of Lumb Lane, Manningham, was describ-ed as in a frenzy, “like a crazy man, out of control,” as he tried to slash Mr O’Connor’s face. The palms of Mr O’Connor’s hands were slashed as he tried to defend himself.

Prosecutor Richard Gioserano said: “Rehman was swinging at him over and over again with the knife. Mr O’Connor was in great pain and in fear, literally, of his life.”

Mr O’Connor ran into the shop. Police were called and Rehman was arrested outside.

Mr O’Connor had surgery at Bradford Royal Infirmary for a deep laceration to his palm. He also suffered lacerations to his fingers and two incisions to his upper arm with apparent nerve damage.

Mr Gioserano said Rehman attended Bradford Crown Court for a preliminary hearing of the case in March, but went straight from court to Pudsey, with two other men, Amar Farooq and Tanveer Hussain, where, later in the day, they committed a series of robberies on children on their way home from school.

During the street muggings some of the youngsters were threatened with being stabbed, though no knife was seen. The court heard that the defendants were clearly drunk.

Jonathan Devlin, for Rehman, said there were no explanations or excuses for the offences other than drink.

All three pleaded guilty to three robberies. Rehman pleaded guilty to wounding with intent in connection with the Manningham incident.

Hussain, 23, of Lumb Lane, Manning-ham, and Farooq, 25, of Agar Street, Girlington, were jailed for 30 months.

Rehman was sent to youth custody for a total of five years.

The judge, Recorder David Bradshaw, told Rehman he had committed an unprovoked attack on an innocent man causing “horrendous” injuries.

He said: “I am satisfied it was accompanied by racial abuse and seemed to have a racial motive.”

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...race_stabbing/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Rehman was sent to youth custody for a total of five years.
Pathetic. Is that it? He is not a kid. He knows what he has done is wrong. He deserves to be torn apart and put in prison for life. He needs a good beating. Corporal punishment is what this country needs.

Lost&Found
08-21-2009, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Corporal punishment is what this country needs.
What if a particular criminal is a masochist? :p:

GuestFellow
08-21-2009, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lost&Found
What if a particular criminal is a masochist? :p:
o_o

The probability of that occuring?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lost&Found
08-21-2009, 06:00 PM
o_o

The probability of that occuring?
What if it does? :skeleton:

GuestFellow
08-21-2009, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lost&Found
What if it does? :skeleton:
Hmmm

Solitary confinement then. =)

Azy
08-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Small world, I was in that very spot a couple of weeks ago :phew

cat eyes
08-21-2009, 11:34 PM
when i went to london, i went to this really asian part of london on a bus it was full with indian, pakistani, bengali, you name it with no white people in sight i realised i was the only white girl lol now i felt all there eyes were watching me as if to say what the hell is she is doing here lucky for me i had a male protector with me.. hes also muslim then i felt more uncomfortable i felt something was going to happen any minute.

these men starting shouting at me and whistling at me, they didn't feel any shame that i was wearing hijab either, all i could hear from every corner is who is that white lgirl ook at her, i could not believe these guys were muslim.. like they were proper western born muslims with no respect i was really afraid and nervous even though i was with someone.. i would not go there again

aadil77
08-21-2009, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
Leeds Crown Court was told Rehman shouted out: “Manningham belongs to Muslims. We don’t want whites. We rule Bradford. We are going to get you out.”

/[/url]
what a plonker, more like 'belongs to pakistanis' and this little pakistani doesn't know you can get white muslims

aadil77
08-21-2009, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes

these men starting shouting at me and whistling at me, they didn't feel any shame that i was wearing hijab either, all i could hear from every corner is who is that white lgirl ook at her, i could not believe these guys were muslim.. like they were proper western born muslims with no respect i was really afraid and nervous even though i was with someone.. i would not go there again
yeh sis for these thick twat muslims its about colour, they don't know anythin about islam

Salahudeen
08-22-2009, 01:27 AM
How dissgracefull, the punishment is even more disgracefull , I imagine he's quite happy with only 5 years. ridiculous.

sis cat eyes the ethnicity's that you mentioned have people in them that just have Muslim names but really don't pratice, like they go out and drink alcohol, sleep with women all year round, smoke drugs. Then they refer to them selves as Muslim's and behave for 1 month of the year. Muslim by name but not by action. Seems like you met quite a few of them that day :(

I have 2 in my family who love eating haraam food all year, then they go celebrate Eid

Blackpool
08-22-2009, 06:08 AM
The idiot in this article was "drunk." What a proper muslim he is. There's many of these "muslims" in the UK. They pray about twice a day, go off flirting with women, drinking beer, having sex and then doing something so cowardly as this. A bloody 51 year old? Coward.

We need to bring back capital punishment, treason and the National Service. Other European countries still have the National Service to teach those some discipline. Prison ships need to be built, get rid of the tv, snooker tables and steak dinners. Shower them down with cold water morning and night from a hose pipe and make their lives HELL in prison. These prison ships will create more prison space which will mean better justice.

GuestFellow
08-22-2009, 11:50 AM
^ Treason?

Salahudeen
08-22-2009, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
The idiot in this article was "drunk." What a proper muslim he is. There's many of these "muslims" in the UK. They pray about twice a day, go off flirting with women, drinking beer, having sex and then doing something so cowardly as this. A bloody 51 year old? Coward.

We need to bring back capital punishment, treason and the National Service. Other European countries still have the National Service to teach those some discipline. Prison ships need to be built, get rid of the tv, snooker tables and steak dinners. Shower them down with cold water morning and night from a hose pipe and make their lives HELL in prison. These prison ships will create more prison space which will mean better justice.
I'm all for it, I think there needs to be more discipline in the schools aswell, teachers have no authority and lack the means to teach the child a lesson on the importance of good behaviour and respect.

Today kids are verbally abusing their teachers in school, and prison is like a hotel that you stay in for a few years, playing Playstation and working out in the gym. And doing other fun things it's a joke.

GuestFellow
08-22-2009, 02:57 PM
^ Some parents are to blame as well. The media promotes gang culture which is a rising problem.

Amadeus85
08-22-2009, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool;1206733

Leeds Crown Court was told Rehman shouted out: “[B
Manningham belongs to Muslims. We don’t want whites. We rule Bradford. We are going to get you out.
[/B]
Any more doubts about the real face of multiculturalism? I really hope to wait the time when europeans promoting this devilish ideology will go to prison.

GuestFellow
08-22-2009, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
Any more doubts about the real face of multiculturalism? I really hope to wait the time when europeans promoting this devilish ideology will go to prison.
Your saying multiculturalism is a devilish ideology? o_O

Muhaba
08-23-2009, 01:29 PM
man that is terrible. what a sicko. These people need islamic teaching right from the beginning.

Amadeus85
08-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Your saying multiculturalism is a devilish ideology? o_O
Nah, nah, me support multi-culti, we need more multi-culti

GuestFellow
08-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Nah, nah, me support multi-culti, we need more multi-culti
Oh my unable to give a straight answer?

Tony
08-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Blackpool, this is the area that someone spat in my boys face, The shop is where all the pissheads get cheap cider (its owned by muslims) and the park is over the road, there has been many things go on here by Pakistani youth, a girl was cajoled into getting drunk, smashed in the face by beer cans and raped by 3 pakistani's while almost unconsciouss-my wife had to look after her at A n E. A school boy was robbed of his mobile phone there by two pakistani's who then stripped his clothes and set there ptibull on him.............The list is endless.......it is also the area where I do to mosque, at first it doesnt seem friendly becuase of the tension but then ppl are ok when they see me pray, I like to go there as I feel comfy and it makes a statement that white and pakistani can be close and live together.
As for the sickening things in the park, the police could dosomething but choose not to, all the other parks have mounted police patrols, I have never seen a policeman in Lister park, I personally have no fear of the place but its a hot spot for pakistani youth to beat up old men etc. Having said this there are equally bad spots in bradford where white ppl cause the problems, same with polish and the things being done at Lister park are no worse than the other violent crimes throughout the city.
I am utterley appauled that they claimed to be muslims, this is akin to hate crime in my veiw, you can believe me when I say it is nothing to do with Islam in the remotest. Peace

- IqRa -
08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Idiotic kid.

aamirsaab
08-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Dude, that guy also claimed to be a muslim yet drank alcohol AND severely wounded a 50 year old - I wouldn't take much heed in his words and instead would peg him under idiot minority. I certainly do not count him as a muslim representative so I don't see how you can call him representative of ''multiculturalism''.

If you want multiculturalism, I urge you specifically to visit leicester and witness it in its purest form.

p.s; I outright condemn this act of mindless violence and hope the criminal serves his full sentence.

p.p.s; just read the perps' name: Amir.....:heated:

Whatsthepoint
08-24-2009, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Dude, that guy also claimed to be a muslim yet drank alcohol AND severely wounded a 50 year old - I wouldn't take much heed in his words and instead would peg him under idiot minority. I certainly do not count him as a muslim representative so I don't see how you can call him representative of ''multiculturalism''.
He's as multicultural as curry sausage. Do you define multiculturalism as different cultures living side by side without any mingling and changing?

aamirsaab
08-24-2009, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
He's as multicultural as curry sausage. Do you define multiculturalism as different cultures living side by side without any mingling and changing?
I define multiculturalism as a chinese methodist church sitting opposite a hindu temple; a sikh gurdwara 5 minute walk away from a mosque and a mosque directly opposite a church.

The open invitation to leicester is still open.

Woodrow
08-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Gangland mentality. Some teens become puppets to their peers and there is no puppet master in control.

The kids need some constructive means of social identity so they do not have this need to make their own.

there is much need for local Masjids to create worthwhile groups for youth so the kids do not make their own with no guidance.

Tony
08-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I define multiculturalism as a chinese methodist church sitting opposite a hindu temple; a sikh gurdwara 5 minute walk away from a mosque and a mosque directly opposite a church.

This is part of it, but it also encompasses the right to treatment within health services, and the correct treatment, also within education, workplace and euquality within the access of services... this is not to say we should all be treated the same, but the opposite, we should expect to be treated with respect and an understanding of the cultural needs and diversity within a group or individual. The only way we get to successful multi-culturalism is by educating ppl on the differences and specifics of each culture, this can be addrressed by both the services in the public eye and the rules and regulations we are expected to adhere to on a daily basis, then the individual will become knowledgeable and cultural differences and barriers are promoted. When I first came to Bradford I didnt even know the difference between a Seihk and a Muslim, but found ppl were very ready to explain the difference despite my fumbling attempts. For individuals, the change begins in the heart then the home

Amadeus85
08-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Welcome back Whattie :D

Amadeus85
08-24-2009, 08:05 PM

Im sure that this is what citizens of all muslim countries dream of.

aamirsaab
08-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Can we please get back to the topic at hand now, since you cannot carry the 'multicultural conversation' for longer than 2 posts it seems and your last one was so full of sarcasm [and irrelevance], my dilithium crystal-powered sarcasm-detector malfunctioned!?

Whatsthepoint
08-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Can we please get back to the topic at hand now, since you cannot carry the 'multicultural conversation' for longer than 2 posts it seems and your last one was so full of sarcasm [and irrelevance], my dilithium crystal-powered sarcasm-detector malfunctioned!?
this incident only shows how things have gotten out of hand with multiculturalism and Amadeus is trying to say that as well asprotect the continent and its culture.
Btw I don't think I've had the chance to say happy ramadan to you, so ramadan karim, amir:D

aamirsaab
08-24-2009, 09:01 PM
this incident only shows how things have gotten out of hand with multiculturalism and Amadeus is trying to say that as well asprotect the continent and its culture.
Oh I understand that part, but from actually living and growing up (primary school [10% asian, 90% non-asian), secondary [which was 50% chav population, 30% asian and 20% everyone else!), college (90% asian, 10% non-asian) and uni [80% asian and 20% non-asian) in a multicultural society, I must disagree wholeheartedly with the notion that multiculturalism doesn't work. Because it does and I am living proof of it. ;)

Of course, if you'd like more proof of this, I can link you to my facebook - where you can view the diversity of my friends yourself. I must say, it is rather extensive (in range), spanning the globe an all.

Btw I don't think I've had the chance to say happy ramadan to you, so ramadan karim, amir:D
Thank you very much for that. I accept all cards.

Whatsthepoint
08-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh I understand that part, but from actually living and growing up (primary school [10% asian, 90% non-asian), secondary [which was 50% chav population, 30% asian and 20% everyone else!), college (90% asian, 10% non-asian) and uni [80% asian and 20% non-asian) in a multicultural society, I must disagree wholeheartedly with the notion that multiculturalism doesn't work. Because it does and I am living proof of it. ;)
It may work in some cases, but it causes a lot of friction and even violence and it will get worse as the number of immigrants and their descent increases. The harms outweigh the beenfits, like Muslims like to say for alcohol.
Most European governments ahve already rejected multiculturalism and started promoting quick integration. It's ok to keep parts of your culture but you cant except to have a separate society and live the same as you would in your native country.

GuestFellow
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM
It's ok to keep parts of your culture but you cant except to have a separate society and live the same as you would in your native country.
One thing I would like to know. What part of culture that causes divide within society? Culture is simply a different way of living. Have you heard of the White flight? To some extent I think Xenophobia plays a role here.

Whatsthepoint
08-24-2009, 10:04 PM
One thing I would like to know. What part of culture that causes divide within society? Culture is simply a different way of living. Have you heard of the White flight? To some extent I think Xenophobia plays a role here.
Of course it does. The natives are afraid (phobia) they'll be eaten off by foreigners (xenos) if they live in separate societies rather than integrate/assimilate.
And then there's also parts of foreign culture that the natives find unacceptable, parts that simply cant coexist, cultural barriers to big to be surmounted my multiculturalism. works both ways, some times foreigners can't accept certain parts of the native culture.

GuestFellow
08-24-2009, 10:09 PM
And then there's also parts of foreign culture that the natives find unacceptable, parts that simply cant coexist, cultural barriers to big to be surmounted my multiculturalism. works both ways, some times foreigners can't accept certain parts of the native culture.
We have our differences however foreigners are not forcing their ideology on others. Specifically it would be interesting to find out what parts of culture people find unacceptable.

Whatsthepoint
08-24-2009, 10:12 PM
We have our differences however foreigners are not forcing their ideology on others. Specifically it would be interesting to find out what parts of culture people find unacceptable.
this man certainly was. And as you said, its about fear, you may not b forcing it now, becaure we're too many, but once you grow in numbers, you will. that's why people get upeset when minorities receieve any additional rights or something.

GuestFellow
08-24-2009, 10:18 PM
this man certainly was. And as you said, its about fear, you may not b forcing it now, becaure we're too many, but once you grow in numbers, you will. that's why people get upeset when minorities receieve any additional rights or something.
This kid was an idiot. He was drunk and was behaving like hooligan. In every society we have hooligans and they need to be dealt with severely. There are many cases every year of racially motivated attacks.

I'm referring to the vast majority of immigrants and ethnic groups. The vast majority do not force their ideology on others. They are not additional rights at all but equal rights.

nadia85
08-24-2009, 10:20 PM
wow what a shock reading that I live about 5 mins from that spot as well:(

Whatsthepoint
08-24-2009, 10:25 PM
This kid was an idiot. He was drunk and was behaving like hooligan. In every society we have hooligans and they need to be dealt with severely. There are many cases every year of racially motivated attacks.

I'm referring to the vast majority of immigrants and ethnic groups. The vast majority do not force their ideology on others. They are not additional rights at all but equal rights.
It just means different cultures can't live in perfect harmony and the violence goes both ways.
Yep, as I said, they don't now, but should they increase in number, they might... its what people are afraid of.
Hmmm, that's what you believe, not everyone does, it's relative. Is gay marriage also equal rights?

GuestFellow
08-24-2009, 10:38 PM
It just means different cultures can't live in perfect harmony and the violence goes both ways.
Yep, as I said, they don't now, but should they increase in number, they might... its what people are afraid of.
I think the fear is people having difficulty preserving their own culture. People use culture for comfort and a source of identity. As society progresses, norms and values changes within society. Some embrace these changes while others don't. People may blame these changes on other minorities.

Well if it might happen the worst it can result into is riots.

Hmmm, that's what you believe, not everyone does, it's relative.
Well how in some cases is it giving one group more right than others?

Is gay marriage also equal rights?
Yes gay marriage couples recieve equal rights as to hetrosexual couples legally.

cat eyes
08-24-2009, 10:46 PM
i don't believe its the culture or the race of people as there is alot of highly educated respectful black people and asian muslims also who mix well. its more drugs and alcohol because i have seen now with my own eyes and i think somebody in this thread said that its because of there parents and how they are raised i would agree with this totally also thats the reason for there ignorance!

Whatsthepoint
08-24-2009, 10:50 PM
I think the fear is people having difficulty preserving their own culture. People use culture for comfort and a source of identity. As society progresses, norms and values changes within society. Some embrace these changes while others don't. People may blame these changes on other minorities.
Well if it might happen the worst it can result into is riots.
Well how in some cases is it giving one group more right than others?
Yes gay marriage couples recieve equal rights as to hetrosexual couples legally.
1.Yes you're right. People don't want the current norms and values changed because of immigration. People are afraid of minority values being enforced on the majority, as the percentage is shifting shifting.
2. It's not, to be honest I anticipated your opposition to gay amrriage so I could say you have double standards, but you don't so everythings fine. Ramadan rakim.

GuestFellow
08-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Ramadan rakim.
Oh thanx. =)

Peace.

Amadeus85
08-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Sorry for still digging this hole, but how You think, would muslims worldwide, from Algeria to Indonesia want methodist church, sikh and hindu temple and catholic church at every corner?

aamirsaab
08-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Sorry for still digging this hole, but how You think, would muslims worldwide, from Algeria to Indonesia want methodist church, sikh and hindu temple and catholic church at every corner?
I don't really have a clue how they would feel since I know very little about their socio-political climates (because I don't live there)

You were saying initially multiculturalism doesn't work (your pic of a white-skinned man hugging a bomb kind of put a seal on that) and I provided (some) proof that it does....I don't see why you are now straw-manning and shoe-horning islamic countries into the argument.

Amadeus85
08-25-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't really have a clue how they would feel since I know very little about their socio-political climates (because I don't live there)

You were saying initially multiculturalism doesn't work (your pic of a white-skinned man hugging a bomb kind of put a seal on that) and I provided (some) proof that it does....I don't see why you are now straw-manning and shoe-horning islamic countries into the argument.
I just wonder how would islamists there react if the goverment suddenly decide to change those islamic countries into multicultural, islamic-christian-hindu-sikh-jewish countries.

Muezzin
08-25-2009, 03:33 PM
The issues in this case are clearly racism combined with alcohol and/or drug abuse.

The multiculture debate is connected, but belongs in another thread.

The_Prince
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
last i checked mosques werent being built on every corner around Europe.

Woodrow
08-25-2009, 04:19 PM
How did this get turned into a racial, Multi-Cultural etc thread.

The simple fact: an idiot high on alcohol and or drugs committed a vicious act.

When alcohol and/or drugs are involved any other reason is just an attempt to understand. But, there is nothing to understand. A person high on any substance is not acting with reason.

The_Prince
08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

When alcohol and/or drugs are involved any other reason is just an attempt to understand. But, there is nothing to understand. A person high on any substance is not acting with reason.
how else? you know how these amadeus type people are, they will turn any event into some major political issue, these right wingers are always doing it, whether in Europe, or America.

Azy
08-27-2009, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
last i checked mosques werent being built on every corner around Europe.
I hope you're joking.

north_malaysian
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
it already happened... in many towns in Malaysia and Indonesia...

north_malaysian
08-27-2009, 08:30 AM
LOL... in Malaysia, the most populous state in the nation called Selangor, there are 4.8 million people:

1) Muslims - 2,500,000 (358 mosques)
2) Buddhists - 1,300,000 (1,015 temples)
3) Hindus - 647,000 (810 Temples)
4) Christians - 50,000 (27 churches)

http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduis...ia#cite_note-0

p/s: no wonder the number of Malaysian Muslims who are against multiculturalism is growing...

Amadeus85
08-27-2009, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
it already happened... in many towns in Malaysia and Indonesia...
I have read how many muslims especially in Indonesia take care of this multiculturalism. Such things are hapenning there, that really cant be compared to niqab ban.

Muezzin
08-27-2009, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The issues in this case are clearly racism combined with alcohol and/or drug abuse.

The multiculture debate is connected, but belongs in another thread.
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Reading comprehension, people?

Any more off-topic posts will be deleted.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.