/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you confirm the authenticity of this site '...answering-christianity.com'

bamboozled
08-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Title really says it all bros and sisters.

I found this website

www.answering-christianity.com

And it appears to be exactly what I am looking for in terms of being able to enter a single word and it searches for all translations(Yusuf Ali...etc) of the quran that contain that single word. But I am really scared when using a website like this just incase, I have heard stories of some extremist non believers changing meanings here and there and subtly trying to damage islam. It looks like it will do the job.

I cannot check if it is right against my own Quran as I do not have translations by any off the main translators. They dont sell they where I liveimsad

Is so can anyone please reccomend another website that offers such a service.

Jazak Allah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hrm
08-22-2009, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bamboozled
Title really says it all bros and sisters.

I found this website

www.answering-christianity.com

And it appears to be exactly what I am looking for in terms of being able to enter a single word and it searches for all translations(Yusuf Ali...etc) of the quran that contain that single word. But I am really scared when using a website like this just incase, I have heard stories of some extremist non believers changing meanings here and there and subtly trying to damage islam. It looks like it will do the job.

I cannot check if it is right against my own Quran as I do not have translations by any off the main translators. They dont sell they where I liveimsad

Is so can anyone please reccomend another website that offers such a service.

Jazak Allah Khair
:sl: Brother :statisfie
I just came back from the site you quoted. Read quite a few articles on christainity and Islam. This site is run by a Palestanian Muslim ( WalllahoAlam).
But according to my intial and humble opinion, every thing is in conformity to Islam. Infact, This brother is refuting the claim of christanity everywhere and defending Islam, Quran , Allah and Rasul Allah s.a.w.
Allah addresses those who are believers like this in :Koran: Surah Al-Hujraat aya# 12 "" O you who believe ! avoid (give up) much suspicion, for surely suspicion in some cases is a sin""So brother when this brother from Palestine, who is running the website and is writing all that is in conformity to Islam, we are left with no choice but to accept it as such. Now if you start to go in detail about his background, his knowledge in Islamic matters, whether is an aalim or mufti or whether he has a sanad or not etc etc blah blah, you would definitely have lost tract of the real purpose. That purpose is to read and understand Quran and then compare that knowledge which you have gained through this practice to compare any writing by any writer and accept that which conform to Quran and reject that which doesn't. In this you will be helped by none other than Allah himself ( Allahhumma Rababa Jaalna Minhum)
Hope I made my point as simple as possible for you and others to understand.
:wa::statisfie

جوري
08-22-2009, 09:35 PM
It is a refutation site meant to counter act the exact same from the opposite end called answering Islam.. I believe they take each other's charges and refute them.. The Islamic site is alot more reliable though, since they don't take half truths and present them as a fact of christianity.. which is in fact what the other site does..

:w:

hrm
08-22-2009, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
It is a refutation site meant to counter act the exact same from the opposite end called answering Islam.. I believe they take each other's charges and refute them.. The Islamic site is alot more reliable though, since they don't take half truths and present them as a fact of christianity.. which is in fact what the other site does..

:thumbs_up
:statisfie
Then again I remember this quote from somewhere :statisfie
"For a Believer, No Amount of Proof is Necessary "
Right lady?
:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Have you tried to visit this site? http://bibleislam.com/index.php
its very reliable one and managed by Sheikh Yusef Estes as he said in one of his lectures I listened to

its a website that deal with Christianity from an Islamic view and refute the christianity issues that Islam came to correct like sons ship of Jesus Peace be upon him and his divinity
to be more sure, if you clicked on About uslink at the bottom of their page, it will take you to Yusef Estes main website which is Islam Tomorrow

the site you mentioned in your first post looks reliable since members above confirmed that, will have a look on it inshaAllah

hrm
08-23-2009, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Have you tried to visit this site? http://bibleislam.com/index.php
its very reliable one and managed by Sheikh Yusef Estes as he said in one of his lectures I listened to

its a website that deal with Christianity from an Islamic view and refute the christianity issues that Islam came to correct like sons ship of Jesus Peace be upon him and his divinity
to be more sure, if you clicked on About uslink at the bottom of their page, it will take you to Yusef Estes main website which is Islam Tomorrow

the site you mentioned in your first post looks reliable since members above confirmed that, will have a look on it inshaAllah
: :sl::statisfie
I like Yusef Estes but couldn't find his name on the site and doesn't say it is managed by him. But if its him, then alhumdullah it must be a good one.
However, I note that this website has a commercial touch too to it which is really tarnishing its image. Everywhere you see they are " asking for donation or charity" After you see that everywhere, the reverence and islamic part becomes secondary.
But thats just my view:statisfie

Danah
08-23-2009, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hrm
I like Yusef Estes but couldn't find his name on the site and doesn't say it is managed by him. But if its him, then alhumdullah it must be a good one.
However, I note that this website has a commercial touch too to it which is really tarnishing its image. Everywhere you see they are " asking for donation or charity" After you see that everywhere, the reverence and islamic part becomes secondary.
But thats just my view:statisfie
^I think they wanna do more than one thing all together which is good in spreading dawah wallahu A'alam

brother, if you go the the link "about us" on Islambible.com it will take you to islamTomorrow which is one of his 3 famous website (IslamYesterday, IslamAlways) you will see those two on the main page pointed out as "other sites"
also, in Islam Tomorrow page that you was directed to by the previous site you will see his schedule and programs and also his emails

and if you go to the homepage of Islam Tomorrow, you will find his name in the bottom of the page.....so its all proved that its his sites :)

Muslim Woman
08-23-2009, 07:53 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by bamboozled
....I cannot check if it is right against my own Quran as I do not have translations by any off the main translators. They dont sell they where I liveimsad

http://www.searchtruth.com/list.php

All Translations, Arabic (Uthmani, Simple), Tafsir,

Transliteration (Simple, Color), English (Yusuf Ali, Shakir, Pickthal, Mohsin Khan), French, Spanish, Indonesian, Melayu, German, Russian, Turkish, Bosnian, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Farsi, Urdu

shible
08-23-2009, 08:07 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

But I heard the following sites were created by extremists who wanted to impose wrong information about islam

www.********************
www.---------------

www.-------------
www.------------------- .

Yet i haven't gone though much on them.

But this information had been circulated to me via , message and emails.
Yet i am not sure

hrm
08-23-2009, 08:21 AM
^I think they wanna do more than one thing all together which is good in spreading dawah wallahu A'alam

brother, if you go the the link "about us" on Islambible.com it will take you to islamTomorrow which is one of his 3 famous website (IslamYesterday, IslamAlways) you will see those two on the main page pointed out as "other sites"
also, in Islam Tomorrow page that you was directed to by the previous site you will see his schedule and programs and also his emails

and if you go to the homepage of Islam Tomorrow, you will find his name in the bottom of the page.....so its all proved that its his sites :)
Ok like I said I love the way Yusaf talks and explain himself and he is ahead of Zakir Naik in matters of accent and clearity of his voice. When he delivers lecture, it comes from the heart.
But thanks for clearing up the issue.
I have another question. At the end you have cut and paste a quote:
"""I remind you to be careful, whom so ever you are, of mixing too much with the opposite gender. No matter how much a person who does not hold Islamic values tells you it is ok. Do not think so""""Whose quote is this? Can you please tell.
Thanks

جوري
08-23-2009, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible

But I heard the following sites were created by extremists who wanted to impose wrong information about islam

www.********************
www.---------------

www.-------------
www.------------------- .

Yet i haven't gone though much on them.

But this information had been circulated to me via , message and emails.
Yet i am not sure

The only way to judge is through content not heresy.. when I installed WOT answering Christianity was red flagged and if you read the comments, they were all from hateful christians stating that the site is but mere propaganda ... surprisingly the same Christians undoubtedly found the answering Islam very reliable and trustworthy.. so I think it should be left to your discretion .. I have found some excellent information on there...

also I am not sure I understand what an 'extremist muslim' means.. it is a catch all phrase without definition .. reminds me of freedom fries or if you are not with us then you are against us.. I don't like slogans personally..

Allah swt knows best

Danah
08-23-2009, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hrm
Ok like I said I love the way Yusaf talks and explain himself and he is ahead of Zakir Naik in matters of accent and clearity of his voice. When he delivers lecture, it comes from the heart.
But thanks for clearing up the issue.
I have another question. At the end you have cut and paste a quote:
"""I remind you to be careful, whom so ever you are, of mixing too much with the opposite gender. No matter how much a person who does not hold Islamic values tells you it is ok. Do not think so""""Whose quote is this? Can you please tell.
Thanks
your welcome brother

and the quote in my signature is from a post for a senior member here....if you clicked in the link beneath the quote it will take you to the original post

I just found it good to keep that as a reminder for us all here

hrm
08-23-2009, 07:11 PM
your welcome brother

and the quote in my signature is from a post for a senior member here....if you clicked in the link beneath the quote it will take you to the original post

I just found it good to keep that as a reminder for us all here
AlhumduAllah :statisfie
Actually this is called Khulwah in Arabic. In Islam, it refers to a woman being in full privacy with a man who is not her Mahram
Umar r.z. reported that Rasul Allah s.a.w. said " Whenever a man is in Khulwah with a woman, Satan will be the third one with them"
(recorded by Imam Tirmithi, Ibn Majah and others . Verified to be authentic by Al-Albani---Sahih ul Jami No. 7954)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.