/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Puking

Najm
08-22-2009, 03:26 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Can i keep my fast if i keep puking? imsad

Its not just the puking, but i keep on getting that sense of puking i.e sometimes it comes up and goes back down?imsad

Please make dua that it does away

FiAmaaniAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
08-22-2009, 11:11 AM
I hope it isn't a side effect of getting engaged? lol ;D :p

Yes, you can still fast bro. Vomiting unintentionally doesn't break the fast. But if a person vomits by smelling something to make themself vomit or by sticking their fingers in their throat, the fast will be broken. You should also cut down foods high in fat, sugar, salt and caffeine. Eat slowly and chew your food. Drink a big glass of water 15-20minutes before a meal (even better to add honey to it). Do not drink during a meal. See if that helps inshaAllah.

Najm
08-22-2009, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
I hope it isn't a side effect of getting engaged? lol ;D :p

Yes, you can still fast bro. Vomiting unintentionally doesn't break the fast. But if a person vomits by smelling something to make themself vomit or by sticking their fingers in their throat, the fast will be broken. You should also cut down foods high in fat, sugar, salt and caffeine. Eat slowly and chew your food. Drink a big glass of water 15-20minutes before a meal (even better to add honey to it). Do not drink during a meal. See if that helps inshaAllah.

Dont tell her :embarrass

I eat and chew my food way too well!!! I spend too long, and always the last one off the table! Alhamdulillah! However i do drink during the meal because the food doesnt want to go down?:embarrass

For sehri we have the usual curries( chicken or meat) and 2 vegatable dish and of course rice. Is that ok is it too fatty??

What food do you eat and what do you suggest (for sehri)??

I still got the puking feeling and i feel very weak already imsad Pray for me !

FiAmaaniAllah

Sahabiyaat
08-22-2009, 12:38 PM
awwwwwww i just noticed ur sig bro najm! that is sooooo sweet :statisfie

u have quite a few dishes on ur menu so i would suggest cutting down on heavy food, that may make u feel nauseous afterwards. esp oily food

drink plenty of water to flush out your system

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
08-22-2009, 01:19 PM
bro check if some thing is stuck in your throat.I too have a sensation of puking when somehting is stuck in my throat ( liek small tiny weeny piece of bone).

Muhaba
08-22-2009, 01:28 PM
try somph. do you know what somph is? i think it's called fennel seeds in english but am not sure.

Misz_Muslimah
08-22-2009, 01:39 PM
May Allah make you stronger and make dua to allah:
Allah, the Exalted, says:

"Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding. Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides..'' (3:190,191)

1444. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) used to remember Allah at all times.
[Muslim].

1408. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "There are two statements that are light for the tongue to remember, heavy in the Scales and are dear to the Merciful: `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, Subhan-Allahil-Azim [Glory be to Allah and His is the praise, (and) Allah, the Greatest is free from imperfection)'.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Hope This Helps :statisfie

Snowflake
08-22-2009, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

Dont tell her :embarrass

I eat and chew my food way too well!!! I spend too long, and always the last one off the table! Alhamdulillah! However i do drink during the meal because the food doesnt want to go down?:embarrass

For sehri we have the usual curries( chicken or meat) and 2 vegatable dish and of course rice. Is that ok is it too fatty??

What food do you eat and what do you suggest (for sehri)??

I still got the puking feeling and i feel very weak already imsad Pray for me !

FiAmaaniAllah
Bro, I will consult 'Medicine of the Prophet' so that you are given the best advice inshaAllah :)

In the meantime, avoid oily curries. I know some pakistani people put so much oil in their curries, you have spill it off before you can reach the curry.
Also stop drinking with meals. The food should go down if you are chewing it (you said you do) and also if you don't take big mouthfuls in the first place. The Prophet (saw) used three fingers when he ate. You can't get a lot of food in three fingers, which suggest small mouthfuls.

And remember oil and water don't mix- oil floats to the top. So drinking water with an oily curry doesn't sound like a good combination to me. Drain off excess oil, if you can't avoid it altogether.

Myself, I rarely eat curries. If I want something meaty, I seal some chicken in a tiny amount of oil and add stir-fry sauces and spices, which I eat in wholemeal wrap/roti with salad. This is my fave thing. Sometimes, I cook stir-fry vegetables in sauce and have those in wraps/roti. I have other mad international mixes of recipes I make up, but they are all simple. I mainly cook this food for my son. If he is away, I don't always bother and will have millet or corn flour chapatti with perhaps a little saag curry or lightly buttered on their own. And at times I'll just have some dates/glass of milk/two slices of brown bread for a meal or a chapatti on its own.

To be honest, I never imagined eating so simply until it hit home (heart) how little the Prophet (saw) survived on. He (saw) Allah's beloved Prophet would often have no food for days, and at one time no meal was cooked in the Prophet's home for two months. They survived on dates and milk.

Guilt that I'm stuffing myself when my beloved Prophet faced such hardships? Love for the Prophet (saw)? But something just changed. I could barely eat without crying and remembering. I didn't intend to I suppose. The change just followed from how I felt. I also read that the Prophet (saw) said that man only needs a few mouthfuls to survive (yaani per meal) but if he must have his fill then he should have 1/3 for food, 1/3 water and 1/3 for air. Over eating also makes one lazy for ibadah.

So a combination of things, has lead me to eat less than before, and as I get accustomed to eating little, I realise what a huge problem food has become for mankind. It's an obsession! lol We are eating ourselves to death.

Khayr, didn't mean to bore you lol. I like to share so that maybe someone else might benefit inshaAllah. But for real advice I will consult the book and tell you some fascinating facts on food consumption, food combining (its dangers) and more - all from our beloved Prophet's medicine. :statisfie

Cabdullahi
08-22-2009, 06:46 PM
brother whats this ?? toughen up...and puking is a weak excuse

im kidding it pretty hard but alhamdulilah it should be ok less than an hour left

Najm
08-22-2009, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
brother whats this ?? toughen up...and puking is a weak excuse

im kidding it pretty hard but alhamdulilah it should be ok less than an hour left

I had a power nap earlier in the day. Alhamudlillah

Everything i ate during Sehri has left my stomach! InshaAllah my digestive system is clean now. Alhamdulillah!

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
08-22-2009, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Bro, I will consult 'Medicine of the Prophet' so that you are given the best advice inshaAllah :)

In the meantime, avoid oily curries. I know some pakistani people put so much oil in their curries, you have spill it off before you can reach the curry.
Also stop drinking with meals. The food should go down if you are chewing it (you said you do) and also if you don't take big mouthfuls in the first place. The Prophet (saw) used three fingers when he ate. You can't get a lot of food in three fingers, which suggest small mouthfuls.

And remember oil and water don't mix- oil floats to the top. So drinking water with an oily curry doesn't sound like a good combination to me. Drain off excess oil, if you can't avoid it altogether.

Myself, I rarely eat curries. If I want something meaty, I seal some chicken in a tiny amount of oil and add stir-fry sauces and spices, which I eat in wholemeal wrap/roti with salad. This is my fave thing. Sometimes, I cook stir-fry vegetables in sauce and have those in wraps/roti. I have other mad international mixes of recipes I make up, but they are all simple. I mainly cook this food for my son. If he is away, I don't always bother and will have millet or corn flour chapatti with perhaps a little saag curry or lightly buttered on their own. And at times I'll just have some dates/glass of milk/two slices of brown bread for a meal or a chapatti on its own.

To be honest, I never imagined eating so simply until it hit home (heart) how little the Prophet (saw) survived on. He (saw) Allah's beloved Prophet would often have no food for days, and at one time no meal was cooked in the Prophet's home for two months. They survived on dates and milk.

Guilt that I'm stuffing myself when my beloved Prophet faced such hardships? Love for the Prophet (saw)? But something just changed. I could barely eat without crying and remembering. I didn't intend to I suppose. The change just followed from how I felt. I also read that the Prophet (saw) said that man only needs a few mouthfuls to survive (yaani per meal) but if he must have his fill then he should have 1/3 for food, 1/3 water and 1/3 for air. Over eating also makes one lazy for ibadah.

So a combination of things, has lead me to eat less than before, and as I get accustomed to eating little, I realise what a huge problem food has become for mankind. It's an obsession! lol We are eating ourselves to death.

Khayr, didn't mean to bore you lol. I like to share so that maybe someone else might benefit inshaAllah. But for real advice I will consult the book and tell you some fascinating facts on food consumption, food combining (its dangers) and more - all from our beloved Prophet's medicine. :statisfie

JazakiAllah Khair, you didnt bore me at all!! Excellent advice and one that i can make use of inshaAllah!!

Please brothers and sisters, can you make a big Dua for UhktE (PK) she is very very ill, weak and puking alot, and that was before fasting began imsad

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
08-23-2009, 02:01 PM

Ive been really good today! Alhamdulillah!!

Please pray for UhktE, she is really unwell imsad

FiAmaaniAllah

Sarahd
08-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Alhamdulillah brother! That's good news:)
And, who's UhktE?

Najm
08-23-2009, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarahd
Alhamdulillah brother! That's good news:)
And, who's UhktE?

UhktE is PK#2. She has been really really ill imsad

May Allah keep her firm in faith and cure her illness. Allahumma Ameen.

FiAmaaniAllah

Ramisa
08-23-2009, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

Ive been really good today! Alhamdulillah!!

Please pray for UhktE, she is really unwell imsad

FiAmaaniAllah
:sl:
:hmm:
Sorry,but is she a sister,you said 'he' on your other post...

:w:

Najm
08-26-2009, 04:37 PM

Its day 5 of fasting, and puked 3 days imsad

I cant get that puking feel out of me head.

Also i have to force myself to eat for Sehri, maybe i shouldnt eat at that time :hmm:

FiAmaaniAllah

Far7an
08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
:wa:

May Allaah give you shifaa. Tahoorun insha'Allah. I'd recommend you visit a doctor, might be an infection or food poisoning. Make sure all the food you eat is fresh and cooked properly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!