/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my wife left me for another man

AnonymousPoster
08-22-2009, 05:36 PM
asala malikum, My wife left me for someone else and applied for divorce through the sharia court. When she left she took the wedding gold and our savings. I have told the court that i would like the wedding gold back as requested by my family but the savings she can have. I have explained this to the sharia court and they said as she is giving divorce with out a valid reason then I am entitled to have back the gold and other items given to her. But whats happened is I have written to the sharia court asking for the gold back but they havent had a reply from her and cant do anything unless she writes back. I feel cheated out because i was only given a month to write to the sharia court, but its been over 6 weeks and she hasnt replied back and i dont think she is going to either and yet the sharia court wont do anything! Also in another 6 weeks we would islamically be divorced anyway as it would be over 3 months. I am really annoyed on how useless the UK sharia court is and why the have set one up in uk if they cant uphold the sharia law!!!
Does anybody know where i stand on this and what i can do? i know it may sound low asking for the gold back but it some of it belonged to my mother given to her by my father whom passed away. Also its a lot of gold over 25 bori and the savings she took was over 4k. if someone can give me some sharia advice i would be greatfull.

jazak allah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
08-22-2009, 05:55 PM
May Allah have mercy on you. Ameen

No one here is qualified to advise you from shariah law in complicated matters. It's not a straightforward matter bro. I advise you to ask an imaan@ www.islamqa.com. InshaAllah you will get a reply soon.

AnonymousPoster
08-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Does anybody know where i stand on this and what i can do? i know it may sound low asking for the gold back but it some of it belonged to my mother given to her by my father whom passed away. Also its a lot of gold over 25 bori and the savings she took was over 4k. if someone can give me some sharia advice i would be greatfull.

jazak allah khair[/QUOTE]

bro I'm sorry to hear that I cant imagine how you must feel. The sharia court in the uk is a joke and I personally dont know why they are here most probably monetary reasons. I know they charge £250 for application of divorce and £50 per meetings with shk and have admin people who cant even speak english.... i too have had very bad experience with uk sharia court. I will make dua for you bro.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.