/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Turn life into worship

Rasema
08-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Assalamu Alikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

"I only creater jinn and men to worship me"

What tips would you give so that our life turns into worship.

Sleeping,eating,walking,talking,listening,going to school,work...
How would this turn into a valid ibadat(worship)?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rasema
08-23-2009, 01:21 AM
Well, one thing I know is that it must be halal.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-23-2009, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema

"I only creater jinn and men to worship me"

What tips would you give so that our life turns into worship.

Sleeping,eating,walking,talking,listening,going to school,work...
How would this turn into a valid ibadat(worship)?
:wasalamex

With the intention of pleasing Allah (swt) all of that may become worship. :)

And if I remember right, you speak Bosnian. There's a great lecture by shaykh Safet Kuduzović about intentions, a commentary on the famous hadeeth "Deeds are by intentions."

zakirs
08-23-2009, 05:34 AM
:sl:

All the action you do and all the struggles you do in your life ( assuming all of them are halal) are a way of imaan.God wants you to do good and remember him.If you do that , its ibadat

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
08-23-2009, 05:50 AM
100 AHADITH ABOUT ISLAMIC MANNERS. 33

Abu Hrairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported. The messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, "If anyone sits in a gathering where he does not remember Allah, he will bring grief upon himself from Allah (on the day of resurrection) and he who lies down in a place where he does not remember Allah, will bring grief upon himself from Allah (on the day of resurrection)." (Abu Dawud)

Commentary: Man should remember Allah on all occassions. This will establish and cement his bond with Allah, keeping heedlesness away from the heart and mind. It is heedlesness that prompts man to transgress divine rules and limits, whereas the rememberance of Allah prevents him from indulging in backbiting and passing slanderous remarks about people in thier abscence or reproaching and belittling someone at a meeting.

Rasema
08-23-2009, 03:06 PM

Makes a lot of sence. Allah alone created the universe and he alone should be worshiped.

He gives us sustance,groung we walk on. It's his, so in his name we should use it.
We're put on this Earth to be tested between remembering and forgeting about Allah.

Thanks all for your time.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-23-2009, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema

Makes a lot of sence. Allah alone created the universe and he alone should be worshiped.

He gives us sustance,groung we walk on. It's his, so in his name we should use it.
We're put on this Earth to be tested between remembering and forgeting about Allah.

Thanks all for your time.
:wasalamex

And the whole Earth was created for us so that we may use it.

There's also a rule: something, that leads to another thing, takes the ruling of that other thing. E.g. sleeping itself is mubah. But, if you sleep so that you're able to read the Qur'an Kareem, or offer salaah, then you get rewarded for your sleep! Or, if you educate yourself so that you help the Muslim Ummah prosper and so that Allah's word reaches others, you also get rewarded, subhanAllah.

Similarly, if you sleep so that you may spend the whole night in a disco, your sleep is haraam.

PS: Usput, ja studiram u Sarajevu, tako da znam za šejha Safeta. :D

THE END
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Peace to those who follow the guidance.

An excellent thread, which i have found to be relavant and quite helpful,as i have led a very sinful life

Horace (65-8 BC), the famous Roman lyric poet, said carpe diem (seize the day).
This phrase, prevalent since the seventeenth century, sums up a philosophy of life based only on this world’s life, which i have been subscribing to.

it means that a person should not think about tomorrow, but live in the moment and make the most of each day, that they should not consider that death can come at any moment or think about what comes next.

in the past i had surrendered to my temptation,disgracing passion and misleading whims, and had fallen into the abyss of immorality.

i read somewhere that the greatest jihad is to wage war against ones whims and desires against ones soul and passion. unfortunatley for me it was a loosing battle.

Now i am using this blessed month as a stepping stone to climb out of the pit that imorrality has plunged me into.

Repenting, striving to free myslef from the shackles of sinful desires in search for salvation, make the hereafter my only concern, and surrender myelsf whole heartedly to will of the Allah (swt)

Rasema
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by THE END

An excellent thread, which i have found to be relavant and quite helpful,as i have led a very sinful life

This phrase, prevalent since the seventeenth century, sums up a philosophy of life based only on this world’s life, which i have been subscribing to.

it means that a person should not think about tomorrow, but live in the moment and make the most of each day, that they should not consider that death can come at any moment or think about what comes next.

in the past i had surrendered to my temptation,disgracing passion and misleading whims, and had fallen into the abyss of immorality.

i read somewhere that the greatest jihad is to wage war against ones whims and desires against ones soul and passion. unfortunatley for me it was a loosing battle.

Now i am using this blessed month as a stepping stone to climb out of the pit that imorrality has plunged me into.

Repenting, striving to free myslef from the shackles of sinful desires in search for salvation, make the hereafter my only concern, and surrender myelsf whole heartedly to will of the Allah (swt)

You said it in a very eloquent manner.

Ramadhan
09-02-2009, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by THE END

:thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.